Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Solo Performance L99 Mach-XL Exhaust Kit (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54933)

TAPSHIFT 02-24-2011 06:05 PM

Well...............just got back from Solo Performance in Mississauga where I spent the day with Jeff and his crew as the tested and tweeked their Axle-back system.
I drove there with my Corsa Cat-back system but that's not what's on the car now! It's Solo's system!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unbelievable difference. Someone asked earlier whether the test car had headers....no.....but it sure sounds like it does now!!!!!!!!!!
There is no conventional drone at all after they worked their magic tuning their J-Pipes. With the L99, still with the factory tune, the AFM/DOD effects are still present but the tone is not nearly as offensive as with the Corsa system. In all likelyhood I'll opt for tuning the AFM/DOD option out for gears 1-4 as others have done. Anyone interested in this product will NOT be disappointed! I'm sure Steve and Jeff will have the sound clips posted as soon as they can. The car won't be gleaming like all those currently sitting under their covers right now ( my car is a daily driver and we had some snow this morning and the roads were a mess) but it's the sound you're going to want to hear! We also put on their MACH-XL Cat-back system with J-Pipes, and you'll hear clips of that also. With both set-ups the interior was very quiet, unlike outside the car when you stand on it! The tone is deep and rich. I just hope that the clips posted will do the system justice, as I know that some sound clips do not necessarliy give an accurate representation.
All I can say is WOW............best 1/2 tank of gas I've burned in a long time !!!!!

GOINGSOLO2 03-08-2011 07:45 AM

Keep an eye out at the end of the week for a group buy on our new axle back with J pipes and out new Mach XL for the L99 using J pipes.

GOINGSOLO2 03-09-2011 06:59 PM

Our GROUP BUY for the J pipe Axle Back and MAch XL with J Pipes has begun...see this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133901

TAPSHIFT 03-18-2011 01:56 PM

Just got home from Solo Performance in Mississauga where I had the Solo High Flo Cats installed to go with the Mach-XL catback. What a difference! The catback already sounded good with no drone and I'm sure there was a bit of a HP boost but not really noticeable "in the seat of the pants". With the cats you can definately feel the increase in torque, plus about 10-15% more volume at WOT. Plus, no codes and no need for a tune. I know there are a few other threads on the go with potential buyers comparing Solo Cats to other, less expensive products, and although I cannot speak to the quality and customer service of those products and vendors, I can tell you that what you get from Solo is a great product and they treat you like gold! And, as always, you get what you pay for. Cheaper is generally not better!
Hopefully you will be able to hear the final result in the next few days once the video is completed and posted. My wife doesn't know it yet, but she just bought me a present for an upcoming birthday! Thanks again to Steve; Jeff, Jack, Ray and the whole crew at Solo! ( and my wife )

BigRed585Lbs 04-29-2011 04:01 PM

bumpitupfront

myold88 04-30-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO2 (Post 2939984)
Our GROUP BUY for the J pipe Axle Back and MAch XL with J Pipes has begun...see this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133901

I just opened my credit card bill for April and see I have a $74.55 group buy credit from Solo Performance as promised ! I love my Axle back J-Pipes on my L99.
:thumbup:

VictoryMuscleCars 08-12-2011 08:56 PM

:popcorn:

sharkeater 05-02-2014 06:51 PM

Is there anymore group buys out there for the Solo MachX....very interested

GOINGSOLO2 05-14-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharkeater (Post 7632375)
Is there anymore group buys out there for the Solo MachX....very interested

We don't have any planned unfortunately. Shipping is free right now as well. Don't forget that our kits have the J pipes, which were designed and engineered for each specific car to eliminate drone without sacrificing tone or power. Thanks so much and we hope to hear from you!

Steve

GOINGSOLO2 05-27-2014 03:00 PM

We have all kits in stock and ready to ship! Call today to place your order and become part of the SOLO family. You can reach me 7 days a week, until midnight EST at 516-655-9002. Thanks so much and hope to hear from you!

Steve

Viral 05-29-2014 10:37 AM

I'm trying to decide between the Corsa cat back or your Mach XL with j-pipes to replace my JBL axle back exhaust. I love the sound of my system (tiny coffee can sized mufflers are just a tiny bit quieter than muffler deletes) but the drone is killing me! Other than a Vararam and ported throttle body, I'm stock. I want something a bit louder than stock, but need to tone it down a bit more than what I have now.

So my question is, will your quietest Mach xl system fit my LS3/M6 and do the j pipes need to be adjusted or anything since they are technically designed for the L99? How much louder than stock will it be in the cabin at cruising speed and idle?

GOINGSOLO2 06-22-2014 03:27 PM

Viral,
The Mach XL with J Pipes will fit your L99 and the J pipes will come preset by us. They should do a fantastic job of getting rid of any drone you have. As it breaks in, it gets better and better as well. The tone is that off a deep, aggressive muscle car. Feel free to call me anytime at 516-655-9002.

Viral 06-23-2014 07:47 AM

Ugh, no matter how many times I ask this question, you guys seem to mess it up! No matter, I've decided to go with Corsa out of frustration.

GOINGSOLO2 06-24-2014 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viral (Post 7765699)
Ugh, no matter how many times I ask this question, you guys seem to mess it up! No matter, I've decided to go with Corsa out of frustration.

I'm not sure what you mean. If there's something we're not specifically answering, you can always call us and we'd be happy to talk to you about the kit and the J pipes. The Mach XL kit fits the LS3 as well. The kit overall is about 30% louder than stock, with no drone in the interior. The J pipes, which we preset, eliminate that. They are adjustable as well, in case you add any modifications that may bring on any drone.