Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Sports Lounge (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   I said it before and I'll say it again... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69599)

bigredbusa 03-07-2010 04:03 PM

I said it before and I'll say it again...

Carl Edwards is a Jacka$$!...

BackinBlackSS/RS 03-07-2010 04:04 PM

Yep, he basically just admitted that he did it on purpose in his interview. :thumbdown:

bigredbusa 03-07-2010 07:35 PM

I'm expecting a suspension to be given out along with a big fine.

jrc1122 03-07-2010 07:44 PM

I usually like him, but that was uncalled for. booooo.
________
Bmw n42 history

Legend 03-07-2010 07:47 PM

They should suspend him...at least one race!

Allow his car to start with another driver but no points for him next race!

Totally uncalled for!!

I understand what he wanted to do and why...but you don't do that at 190 and expect a simple spin to the infield! There could have been some bad injuries with that stupid act!

Partick 03-07-2010 08:02 PM

So not cool the way he punted the 12, the 99 needs to be sat down... The 12 said he tried to check up when he got into cuzen Carl early in the race.

skipj3 03-07-2010 08:17 PM

99 caused his own wreck early in the race by coming down on the 12. Or his spotter is a moron. Even when he saw the replay he knew it was his fault, no reason for him to take out the 12. 156 laps down, he should have been nowhere near a leap lap car. I hope NASCARe supends his dumbask for the serverity of the incident.

bigredbusa 03-07-2010 08:25 PM

These two have incidents that go way back to Talledaga last year. Brad Keslowski did the same thing to Carl and went on to win the race, but that is no reason to retaliate like that. If you watched the end of the race Carl made another attempt at taking out Brad but missed and if you watch his gloves he clearly turns into Brad. Not cool for a someone making millions of dollars a year not to mention a new father.

ljustin293 03-07-2010 08:25 PM

he'll be on probation with a hefty fine and points taken away...I see no race suspension

"prima"Donna 03-07-2010 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigredbusa (Post 1558545)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS (Post 1558549)
Yep, he basically just admitted that he did it on purpose in his interview. :thumbdown:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigredbusa (Post 1559282)
I'm expecting a suspension to be given out along with a big fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legend (Post 1559329)
They should suspend him...at least one race!

Allow his car to start with another driver but no points for him next race!

Totally uncalled for!!

I understand what he wanted to do and why...but you don't do that at 190 and expect a simple spin to the infield! There could have been some bad injuries with that stupid act!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Partick (Post 1559392)
So not cool the way he punted the 12, the 99 needs to be sat down... The 12 said he tried to check up when he got into cuzen Carl early in the race.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigredbusa (Post 1559473)
These two have incidents that go way back to Talledaga last year. Brad Keslowski did the same thing to Carl and went on to win the race, but that is no reason to retaliate like that. If you watched the end of the race Carl made another attempt at taking out Brad but missed and if you watch his gloves he clearly turns into Brad. Not cool for a someone making millions of dollars a year not to mention a new father.

:word: :word: :word: :word: :word: :word: +1:word:

That crash was so serious...there could have been a fatality for either Brad, or some poor fan in the stands, if the car went through the fence...
When Carl Edwards started in NASCAR, I liked him because he seemed like a nice guy...
I don't know how many of you know this, but his Dad is Kenny Schrader's cousin...
Carl has gotten more and more aggressive and nasty, and after today's incident, I have lost any respect I had left for him...
SHAME, SHAME, SHAME!!!...
I hope NASCAR parks him for a race or 2 and puts him on probation for the rest of the season...
It's one thing to give a 'payback tap', but not what Carl did today...
And, to be a brand new father, and act like that, maybe he had temporary insanity from lack of sleep...............

DGthe3 03-08-2010 01:09 AM

Bristol and Martinsville are coming up. Edwards will be wrecked at at least one of them because of this.

trz174 03-08-2010 05:48 AM

This one really bothered me. NASCAR has a clear choice to end it or not. If they do nothing or impose a penalty that is viewed as tolerable to the offending driver, owner and sponsors, then they have declared that it's open season for anyone that feels they are wronged by someone and thinks they have to do something to teach someone "respect". Open season means you just need to get your car back on the track during the same race to "get some payback and teach respect". If the "teaching" driver is doing well in a race, then a better tactic is to wait it out for some future race when your car is a hundred laps behind and it costs you nothing (car wise or penalty) to go out and wreck your target. This will quickly develop into an art form where you choose the optimum time to even the score - preferably when they are about to win. Better yet, save it for the last races so it really counts and some real "respect learning" takes place. The best part of open season is that you also get to wreck other folks that have nothing to do with the "teaching moment" that the payback is intended to create. That in turn drives the need for others to keep a hit list (because you gotta teach respect) and it snow balls from there. It won't stop until someone famous is the target. Does anyone think Cousin Carl would consider something like this with Dale Jr or Danica? If NASCAR doesn't act decisively, the track insurance companies will act by raising premiums to prepare for the inevitable lawsuit that cites NASCAR negligence as the contributing cause when someone in the stands, infield or pit row is injured or killed in a payback chain of events.

2010 SSRS 03-08-2010 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigredbusa (Post 1558545)

+1, suspend his azz, damn bonehead crybaby.

coolman 03-08-2010 08:05 AM

He's no different than Dale Earnhardt was except Dale usually won after he put someone in the wall.