Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2010 Centennial Edition Indy Camaro announced (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39636)

RnRKimaro 08-28-2009 12:23 PM

:thumbup:I like it! I like it!

Blownhotrodder 08-28-2009 12:27 PM

No thanks.

Cessna510 08-28-2009 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blownhotrodder (Post 855984)
No thanks.

:word:

"prima"Donna 08-28-2009 03:59 PM

:wub: SWEET RIDE!!!...:w00t:

My Dad's favorite race of all races was always the Indy 500...he and my Mom went to a race when they were first married...

Before the days when they started televising the race, and the race was held on the ACTUAL Memorial Day - May 30th, my Dad, who was a 60yr VOLUNTEER fireman, would march in the Memorial Day Parade and then come home, still in his FD uniform, and listen to the race all day on a tiny transistor radio...this was a "few" yrs ago.......good memories...:)

rentchaser 08-28-2009 11:07 PM

Not an RS

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolnslo (Post 855559)
Wow, someone needs to pay better attention when using photoshop.

Front/Rear views are of an SS without the RS package.
Side view is an LT without RS package riding on 19" wheels.

For some reason, I really hate the look of that side decal. Hockey stripes are fine but that Yenko styled sticker needs to stay in the 60's where it belongs. Just my opinion though.

I do like the hood stickers... :D

:chevy:I noticed that too ROLNSLO bout it not being an RS & side view LT.
I totally agree with you about the yenko stripes and hood stickers.
I already put dark orange (not quite a perfect match for inferno orange, but close) "SS 6.2L" cowl stickers on my silver rally stripes over IOM 2SS/RS! I think it looks awesome and i got some great compliments too!!!

Camarodriver 08-29-2009 10:32 AM

+4 - I have to agree with the majority of the posters here.

It does seem a little lame that there isn't more to it than appearance trinkets and nice exhaust. It will be a future collectible just because of the very limited production and it's a 2010. They could make the spirit of the upgrades 60's like, but hop up more modern features. Of course the HP upgrades are always memorable, but so is a factory special edition hood. Let's see a unique scoop or composite material. How about more modern upgrades such as WiFi networking connectivity options, built is multimedia enhancements, how about a built in Hard Drive for media or a PC in the car? I am just dreaming here...how about a factory glass top roof? Or a two tone paint job like the RS second gen cars? Functional side scoops to cool the rear brakes? A new RS style grill would be really nice, especially it the cover the lights back and forth...

Perhaps a little out of the box thinking could gain even more critical acclaim for GM and the 2010 Camaro.

~SIGH~ I just love Camaros!

eB

SS 376 08-29-2009 12:48 PM

Stupid. I have a better idea. How about a '69 Indy Pace Car style for the 2SS model with full-length painted orange stripes, orange leather interior, Hurst shifter, and an uprated suspension. I know it's not totally faithful because the original was a convertible, but it's better than this crap.

stang_kllr 08-29-2009 05:46 PM

why only 400 hp....are they not using the ls3? dont look bad but dont look great. kinda looks like the hennesey though

CWI 08-29-2009 06:26 PM

Where's the fbodfather edition?

first one 08-29-2009 07:22 PM

My dealer said he has one coming in September 9th, but he is calling people he thinks might want it and won't turn around and sell it for a profit.

Red Rocker 08-29-2009 09:32 PM

:word:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Primus (Post 855318)
I love how the side view doesn't have a spoiler on it. I'm not impressed.

gospeedgo17 08-29-2009 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queens Blvd (Post 859765)
Stupid. I have a better idea. How about a '69 Indy Pace Car style for the 2SS model with full-length painted orange stripes, orange leather interior, Hurst shifter, and an uprated suspension. I know it's not totally faithful because the original was a convertible, but it's better than this crap.

+1

Also, 1 positive is that the next special editions will learn what not to do from this one.
Please don't tell me this pdf came from GM Corporate. What the heck did they use to create the graphics? Windows Version 3.1 Paint?! Dude...

CamaroScotty 08-31-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZNOLMT (Post 855891)
I want the Camaro Scotty Edition!

You'll have to go to SEMA and see if you can find it. I don't know if my buddy Dan will give me a car in my name....but I certainly approve of what will be there!

Jiu Jitsu Jon 09-01-2009 12:40 AM

Where's the edition with the screaming chicken on the hood? I like it better.