Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dealer Locate Questions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96974)

LS1owner 07-25-2010 04:55 PM

Dealer Locate Questions

Can someone who has done this explain the process?

1) If I go into Chevy tomorrow and ask them to "locate" the car which they offered to last time I bought a new car (2 years ago but I settled on what they had) what is the process like for this?

2)How many days does it take to get the car?

3)What MONEY or signatures are required to make this happen? Is the car "sold" and the paperwork done BEFORE the car gets there, or is it a deposit situation?

4)What if the car shows up and It's not perfect, or whatever?

5) Also do they DRIVE them or flatbed them?

SchwarzerDrache 07-25-2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS1owner (Post 2141550)
Can someone who has done this explain the process?

1) If I go into Chevy tomorrow and ask them to "locate" the car which they offered to last time I bought a new car (2 years ago but I settled on what they had) what is the process like for this? If they can find the car they have to get the other dealer to agree to give it to them. Usually involves a trade.

2)How many days does it take to get the car? Depends on how far away it is.

3)What MONEY or signatures are required to make this happen? Is the car "sold" and the paperwork done BEFORE the car gets there, or is it a deposit situation? Usually you put down a deposit and the deal is finished when the car arrives.

4)What if the car shows up and It's not perfect, or whatever? They make it the way you want or you don't buy it.

5) Also do they DRIVE them or flatbed them? I have had both happen when I have had a dealer locate a car.

Danprh427 07-25-2010 05:14 PM

They could find a left over 2010 but i doubt its gonna be what you want. To order from factory could take two or more months atleast. It always depends where the car is located that they found and if they can trade for it. If it shows up its not perfect u dont buy it. They do drive them on a flatbed unless its from a dealership that is really close by.

IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 07-25-2010 06:33 PM

Go to Chevy's website and do a locate? If you still can't find what you're looking for, hit the "Live Chat" and tell them what you're looking for and a radius. I did a live chat locate yesterday and they found me five cars like what I've ordered.. Too far to drive so I'll wait.

LS1owner 07-25-2010 08:20 PM

What is usually the deposit?

LS1owner 07-25-2010 10:38 PM

500? 1000?

AnnaBear@SpartaChevy 07-26-2010 08:08 AM

A deposit isn't always required. Really kind of depends on the dealer. Some might require one.

If what you want is something that is not way out of the ordinary, (say a Silver Malibu or Red Impala) we wouldn't even ask for a deposit. A signed buyer's order would be enough. If you decided not to buy it we would just put it into stock.

$500 or $1,000 wouldn't be out of line.

busaboy 07-27-2010 09:26 PM

1. If your going to spend the money why settle on what they have? Get what you want.

2. How far away is the car of your dreams and who is handling the transport? The further away the more cost. Somebody has to drive, fuel isn't cheap and someone somewhere is going to make a profit.

3. I have little experience on this one. My opinion, some is going to be dealership policy, some haggling.

4. It's the product you want to purchase and it's the dealerships job to make you happy. Would you buy a dozen eggs if one of the eggs was broken?

5. Most of the time the cars are transported on a trailer. If you pay attention in traffic on our way to and from work sometimes you will see a dually pickup towing a gooseneck trailer. The cars on the trailer will not have tags but will have window stickers.

Don't settle for what they have, its your money, your comfort, your pleasure get what you want. Do your research and go talk to the sales people. All you have to do is ask. If you don't like what you hear move on.