Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   lingenfelter package with stock transmission / rear end? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41364)

okyankee 09-07-2009 10:02 PM

lingenfelter package with stock transmission / rear end?

i was checking out the site. looked at the 570hp package since that is in my price range. i noticed there were no trans or rear end upgrades. can the stock stuff handle that much more power?

two_wheel_mayhem 09-08-2009 02:16 AM

For a while. Really though with added power it finds a weak link.

If your car can't put that much power to the road, then it's safer.

Automatic trans is smoother on driveline parts too.

600hp-lpe 09-08-2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okyankee (Post 895679)
i was checking out the site. looked at the 570hp package since that is in my price range. i noticed there were no trans or rear end upgrades. can the stock stuff handle that much more power?

"can the stock stuff handle that much more power?"
the car should be able to take it, for a while.
Eventually it can catch up to you.. you want to play you gotta pay.
I'll buy a trans or Rear end section if I break it.

There should be better parts coming out as well. I'm sure there will be a few new parts announcements at SEMA coming up in first week of November.

there is an upgrade to the rear half shafts to a larger diameter. LPE sells them.

some people are ordering stall converters for the automatics.

The car is still too new. Once Gear sets are out, people will do them as well.

Jeff@Lingenfelter 09-08-2009 02:15 PM

True there are and will be better components come out with the demands of the customers that find the weak links. Its really all relative to how each and every car is used. Most will just spin the power off and won't hurt the car. Some will put a sticky tire on it and make them weekend warrior. Those are the guys that will find the weak points. We are in the process of some very nice upcoming products, so stay in touch!

Jeff

Speed74SS 09-08-2009 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff@Lingenfelter (Post 897714)
True there are and will be better components come out with the demands of the customers that find the weak links. Its really all relative to how each and every car is used. Most will just spin the power off and won't hurt the car. Some will put a sticky tire on it and make them weekend warrior. Those are the guys that will find the weak points. We are in the process of some very nice upcoming products, so stay in touch!

Jeff

I look forward to some of the upcoming products. I have been running on stock tires so far (3500 miles) and a lot of spinning, which is ok. If your not at a dead stop, the car actually hooks pretty good on the street. Everything has held up just fine but will definately look at upgrading some more next year. One more thing - LPE has done a great job with my car and I would definately recommend them to anyone!!! Awesome - just Awesome:thumbsup:

okyankee 09-09-2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff@Lingenfelter (Post 897714)

Jeff

sweet. did not know we had a lpe guy on here.

jerseymike68 09-11-2009 12:10 AM

nice sources here