Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   What all do I need? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296991)

ryanb910 05-21-2013 11:33 PM

What all do I need?

I am probably going to pick up the ZEX Nitrous blackout kit from Phastek pretty soon (unless I can find it for cheaper) and I was wondering if this kit came with everything I will need or will I need more? Also is the this a good kit or would you with a different kit? How much would install be?

ryanb910 05-21-2013 11:41 PM

Sorry just realized I put this in the wrong place.

PoorMansCamaro 05-22-2013 06:51 AM

you also want to purchase their purge kit. and a shop should be able to install in 3-4 hours. so whatever their hourly rate is.

ryanb910 05-22-2013 12:09 PM

So it should only take 3-4 hours to install both kits? I got a quote that was just about $1600 for the blackout kit and install, not including the purge kit.

lscamaro 05-22-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanb910 (Post 6575042)
So it should only take 3-4 hours to install both kits? I got a quote that was just about $1600 for the blackout kit and install, not including the purge kit.

It really depends on the shop. A lot don't quote the minimum amount of time to make sure that they can do everything and do it well. Me personally, I wouldn't mind paying a little more if the shop is trustworthy and does good work. But I would ask around because 1000 for just labor is quite a bit.

I would also look into the ny-trex kit. Only reason I say that is because the ny-trex kit has a plug and play harness that doesn't require splicing into anything. For that reason, it's easier to install. It's also a plate kit so it doesn't require drilling into your intake. I personally will be going with nitrous very soon as well and so far, ny-trex is my choice for those very reasons. If you want the best price on the kit, pm me, I know where to get the best deal for it.

PoorMansCamaro 05-22-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lscamaro (Post 6575174)
It really depends on the shop. A lot don't quote the minimum amount of time to make sure that they can do everything and do it well. Me personally, I wouldn't mind paying a little more if the shop is trustworthy and does good work. But I would ask around because 1000 for just labor is quite a bit.

I would also look into the ny-trex kit. Only reason I say that is because the ny-trex kit has a plug and play harness that doesn't require splicing into anything. For that reason, it's easier to install. It's also a plate kit so it doesn't require drilling into your intake. I personally will be going with nitrous very soon as well and so far, ny-trex is my choice for those very reasons. If you want the best price on the kit, pm me, I know where to get the best deal for it.

+1111111111111111111111111

nytrex for me as well. and I will be doing the install.

ryanb910 05-22-2013 02:12 PM

I was thinking about doing the install myself but as far as that goes I've only done my CAI and Black Ice-Olator, not sure how easy doing this would be. Plus I heard it takes hours to do. Thanks, I'll send you a PM

PoorMansCamaro 05-22-2013 03:01 PM

Hardest part is probably mounting the bracket for the bottle. And maybe the wiring. Time consuming, but not hard. I watched the shop do it the first time. I felt retarded because I could have done it myself lol