Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Some Dealer Info..... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4983)

theholycow 07-10-2008 11:38 AM

IROCZJEFF, you make a great point about the reality of a free market, and normally it wouldn't seem so bad...but in this case, we're talking about the possible success or failure of our (by "our" I mean nearly everybody on this forum) favorite car, and GM as a whole, which is very important to many of us here too. I want to see GM continue to succeed (despite all the media talk of failure), and would hate to see individual dealers reduce the chances of that by being greedy.

Mike C 07-10-2008 11:50 AM

KarlChev,

Thanks for the info. Keep us posted.

All I know is they(the dealerships) better honor GM Employee discounts and Supplier Discounts, or I'm going to be very :mad0260:

Txturbo 07-10-2008 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike C (Post 87299)
KarlChev,

All I know is they(the dealerships) better honor GM Employee discounts and Supplier Discounts, or I'm going to be very :mad0260:

Same here....we get the supplier discount.

pinkcamaro10 07-10-2008 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike C (Post 87299)
KarlChev,

I dont see why they wouldnt, the only car you cant get a discount on is a corvette.

Im counting on the GM employee discount too, so i guess we will just have to wait and see.

The_Stache 07-10-2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 (Post 87356)
I dont see why they wouldnt, the only car you cant get a discount on is a corvette.

Im counting on the GM employee discount too, so i guess we will just have to wait and see.

Currently the only car not available by GMS discount is the corvette ZR1.

GothamCamaro 07-10-2008 02:11 PM

I totally get that salesmen/women need food on their tables too and that dealerships need to bring in money but as Tag stated earlier.

Some of us work hard as hell just to make the MSRP amount and to have that jump up a few thousand more will break a lot of people, including me.
Yes some of the special/limited editions have to be marked up but that's for the rich guys to deal with.

At MSRP or less will have me at the dealership, like most at the board I will keep searching dealerships to make that happen.

Txturbo 07-10-2008 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GothamCamaro (Post 87373)
I totally get that salesmen/women need food on their tables too and that dealerships need to bring in money but as Tag stated earlier.

Some of us work hard as hell just to make the MSRP amount and to have that jump up a few thousand more will break a lot of people, including me.
Yes some of the special/limited editions have to be marked up but that's for the rich guys to deal with.

At MSRP or less will have me at the dealership, like most at the board I will keep searching dealerships to make that happen.

Also, its not like there will be a limited number of Camaros. If you can't pay the marked up price, just wait a couple months. Once production is at full capacity and the initial mayhem subsides there will be Camaros on most every dealers lot and the prices will come down below MSRP just like on every other car.

Emher 07-10-2008 03:41 PM

This isn't really to be an issue I can handle over here. With all the import costs and such, the best I can do is try and find the dealers with the best price. Getting down to MSRP is a pipedream.

KarlChev 07-10-2008 04:25 PM

I would guess that there will be around $2k in markup from Invoice to MSRP.

We will honor anyone who qualifies for GMS, Supplier, Millitary Discount, College Student, etc. I do it on Vette's all the time. The only vehicle that does not qualify is the ZR1 I believe.

We didn't become the largest Chevy dealership in the midwest by making cutomers unhappy. What we ask for, and what we take are always going to be different. If there are cars on the lot that are not spoken for, deals can be had.

I think a few might have misunderstood me. I don't expect us to markup any regular Camaro's. However, if there are limited edition vehicles, then they will bring a premium price. If someone wants to pay $5k extra, who am I to tell him not too?

I don't understand the problem with the concept of supply and demand. Let me ask a question, if you bought your new Camaro, and as you drove off the lot, someone offered you $5k more for it than you bought it for, would you take it, if you knew you could go buy another one? Or would that be immoral and greedy?

Mindz 07-10-2008 04:43 PM

If they offered, I don't see a problem with that. If you asked them to pay 5k more, that's immoral/greedy.

At least thta's how I see it.

theholycow 07-10-2008 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarlChev (Post 87462)
We will honor anyone who qualifies for GMS, Supplier, Millitary Discount, College Student, etc.

There's a College Student discount? Is it necessary to be a full time student?

KarlChev 07-10-2008 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 87492)
There's a College Student discount? Is it necessary to be a full time student?

If you are 6 months from graduation or graduated 6 months ago, you qualify for supplier pricing. (close to invoice)

Captain Awesome 07-10-2008 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 87295)
IROCZJEFF, you make a great point about the reality of a free market, and normally it wouldn't seem so bad...but in this case, we're talking about the possible success or failure of our (by "our" I mean nearly everybody on this forum) favorite car, and GM as a whole, which is very important to many of us here too. I want to see GM continue to succeed (despite all the media talk of failure), and would hate to see individual dealers reduce the chances of that by being greedy.

Another important point is that there's some wacky thing GM does called "Allocation" and they have some magical pixy dust formula that determines that the big wheel dealers get to purchase more of a particular car for their local customers while small-town friendly dealer with no markup gets less cars "allocated", so even though you may WANT to go to the nice dealer, he may not HAVE any of the model you want and if you place an order with him for one you have to WAIT until they get an "allocation", which could be a LONG time if the model is popular.

I ordered a 1994 Z28 on president's day (mid february) in upstate NY and didn't get an allocation until a few days before they ceased production on 1994's (end of august?) The dealer was nice enough to pull some strings and get them to switch it to a 1995 model and I got it in September of 1994.

CamaroScotty 07-10-2008 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Awesome (Post 87513)
Another important point is that there's some wacky thing GM does called "Allocation" and they have some magical pixy dust formula that determines that the big wheel dealers get to purchase more of a particular car for their local customers while small-town friendly dealer with no markup gets less cars "allocated", so even though you may WANT to go to the nice dealer, he may not HAVE any of the model you want and if you place an order with him for one you have to WAIT until they get an "allocation", which could be a LONG time if the model is popular.

I ordered a 1994 Z28 on president's day (mid february) in upstate NY and didn't get an allocation until a few days before they ceased production on 1994's (end of august?) The dealer was nice enough to pull some strings and get them to switch it to a 1995 model and I got it in September of 1994.

The way it was described to us at a regional meeting was, like any new model, it will be allocated. After that, it is planned to be open allocation - meaning order what you want.

Corvettes were on open allocation a few months ago due to slow sales.

:thumbsup: