Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Did anyone else hear about a driving school at B.J.'s auction (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173570)

radz28 09-26-2011 12:30 PM

Did anyone else hear about a driving school at B.J.'s auction

I swear I heard a comment from the auction-guy (sorry - I'm not familiar with the proper name; I'm not an auction-type...) about a high-performance driving school in NV for this car?... Does that mean the auction included that event for the buyer, or, I wonder, if that's going to be an option for all ZL1 buyers...

If a high-performance driving school is part of the ZL1 purchase, standard or option, would anyone be interested? If you're interested, how much would you think is reasonable to spend?

I know I'd like to go, but I'm not sure if I'd pay to go. There are many things I know I could learn, however, I have plans for any money that would go toward that. JMVHO.

What say yous guys?

actireman 09-26-2011 12:44 PM

Yes,I heard it. They may do it with the ZL1. They do it with the ZR1 and will also do it with the new COPO Camaro.

radz28 09-26-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by actireman (Post 3803969)
Yes,I heard it. They may do it with the ZL1. They do it with the ZR1 and will also do it with the new COPO Camaro.

Did I miss an official announcement? That's why I was surprised. I don't recall anything from GM...

fiascoes1 09-26-2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 3803875)
I swear I heard a comment from the auction-guy (sorry - I'm not familiar with the proper name; I'm not an auction-type...) about a high-performance driving school in NV for this car?... Does that mean the auction included that event for the buyer, or, I wonder, if that's going to be an option for all ZL1 buyers...

If a high-performance driving school is part of the ZL1 purchase, standard or option, would anyone be interested? If you're interested, how much would you think is reasonable to spend?

I know I'd like to go, but I'm not sure if I'd pay to go. There are many things I know I could learn, however, I have plans for any money that would go toward that. JMVHO.

What say yous guys?

Yes it was a lesson from Ron Fellows, I think 300-400 would be reasonable. I doubt Rick Hendrick needs that lesson though.

LOWDOWN 09-26-2011 12:55 PM

It was announced as a "warmer-upper" comment during a break in the bidding. My interpretation was, it was a one-time this-deal offer. From Fellows.

But, hey, a hell of a good idea! Just like the ZR1 buyers get, at Spring Mountain or Mosport.

GoldenBear 09-26-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 3803979)
Did I miss an official announcement? That's why I was surprised. I don't recall anything from GM...

The way I interpreted what was said during the auction was that the winning bidder of the CFM ZL1 gets two days at the driving school at Spring Mountain included as part of the package for having the winning bid.

I don't believe the Spring Mountain driving school is an option that will be included for all of those who purchase ZL1s. Of course, one can purchase two days at the Spring Mountain driving school on one's own if one so desires.

radz28 09-26-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiascoes1 (Post 3804035)
Yes it was a lesson from Ron Fellows, I think 300-400 would be reasonable. I doubt Rick Hendrick needs that lesson though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOWDOWN (Post 3804041)
It was announced as a "warmer-upper" comment during a break in the bidding. My interpretation was, it was a one-time this-deal offer. From Fellows.

But, hey, a hell of a good idea! Just like the ZR1 buyers get, at Spring Mountain or Mosport.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenBear (Post 3804061)
The way I interpreted what was said during the auction was that the winning bidder of the CFM ZL1 gets two days at the driving school at Spring Mountain included as part of the package for having the winning bid.

I don't believe the Spring Mountain driving school is an option that will be included for all of those who purchase ZL1s. Of course, one can purchase two days at the Spring Mountain driving school on one's own if one so desires.

OK - thanks guys :drinking::respekt: I was kinda' thinking along those lines, but the thought of how cool that would be got me pretty excited. For a few hundred bucks I'd certainly be interested in going, but much more would bite too much into my budget :D

OldJedi 09-26-2011 06:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 3804070)
OK - thanks guys :drinking::respekt: I was kinda' thinking along those lines, but the thought of how cool that would be got me pretty excited. For a few hundred bucks I'd certainly be interested in going, but much more would bite too much into my budget :D

The winning bidder gets a two day driving school from Ron Fellows. For those of us who did not win the bid, we get a 30 second school on how we thought we were bad ass drivers until the pros from Ron Fellows School showed us how much we really DID NOT know.

Mr. Wyndham 09-26-2011 07:51 PM

I'm already concerned about keeping the price down on this car.....pretty please don't inflate it with a mandatory driving school purchase. :(

Let me do that later, on my own.

htron50 09-26-2011 08:13 PM

The way I interpreted the comment as it was made was this:

The commentator was talking about the ZR1 driving experience at the auction. In the sentence immediately after discussing the ZR1, he mentioned there is a driving school for all ZL1 buyers. My take was he meant to say ZR1because it was a ZR1 we were all watching the girls ride in. It seemed to me to be a mistake simply because the ZL1 was on his mind even though he had just been discussing ZR1. DunnO????? Although it does make sense to have a ZL1 drive school option.

Mr. Wyndham 09-26-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htron50 (Post 3806081)

The commentator was talking about the ZR1 driving experience at the auction. In the sentence immediately after discussing the ZR1, he mentioned there is a driving school for all ZL1 buyers. My take was he meant to say ZR1because it was a ZR1 we were all watching the girls ride in. It seemed to me to be a mistake simply because the ZL1 was on his mind even though he had just been discussing ZR1. DunnO????? Although it does make sense to have a ZL1 drive school option.

It wouldn't be the first time this has happened...nor the last. :laugh:

iirc, MotorTrend's article about the 580hp announcement called it the "ZR1" in the middle of the article, after naming it correctly numerous times above...they corrected it, but it happens! :D

OldJedi 09-26-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htron50 (Post 3806081)

The winner of the auction, Rick Hendrick gets the driving school free, OK $250,000. Everybody else has to pay for their own driving school.

htron50 09-26-2011 09:34 PM

My wife thinks she has to attend before driving it LOL

radz28 09-27-2011 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htron50 (Post 3806446)
My wife thinks she has to attend before driving it LOL

Were you guys going M6 or A6? With all the suspension and transmission modes, I hope she realizes it's not like driving a 500 horse' musclecar from years ago. Traction and Stability control are going to make ZL1 driveable any day (except the obvious snow-type weather). If she's into performance driving, I know that I'd want a little more tutoring :D

I agree with Dragon', too. If there is any such school, please make it optional. I need all the $$$ I can get to go toward the car and SPEED!!! :D