Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Check TPWs Again! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16558)

TJ91 03-24-2009 10:25 PM

Check TPWs Again!

Ok guys, it seems that one other member has had their TPW pushed back a month!
So for those who have gotten a TPW, including myself, i really suggest that you check again with your dealer to see if your TPW has changed.
I was all happy, but now im in fear of what my dealer will tell me when i get him to check tommorow.
So hopefully, this doesnt happen to everyone because one month and a bit is a huge delay!
So guys, i just advise you guys all check ASAP to make sure and report back to this thread if it had changed or not. Thanks guys:chevy:

detroitboy 03-25-2009 01:59 AM

I still never got a TPW. My order was pulled for production over 3 weeks ago, but has had no change in status since. Dunno whats going on and neither does my dealer. Guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Rodrunner 03-25-2009 10:48 AM

Hey, TJ. You talking about OUR72GTO? He commented that it seems production may be running behind as his TPW is moved from two weeks ago back to May 4th and another car at his dealership was pushed back 2 weeks to April 6th. Of course that is in Canada, but if they've now scheduled 17 Saturdays to be worked, I'm afraid we may see this become more widespread. :iono:

GLBL WMR 03-25-2009 12:12 PM

Not worried. However if I get the call from my dealership confirming this, somebody is going through a wall.

OUR72GTO 03-25-2009 12:13 PM

YUP!

TJ91 03-25-2009 02:58 PM

Just told my dealer to check, he called back and mine has been moved to May 4th, no reasons why. This is just getting retarded now. I wonder what the actual reason is!

Kooter81 03-25-2009 03:05 PM

Message from Ed Peper

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ91 (Post 361257)
Ok guys, it seems that one other member has had their TPW pushed back a month!
So for those who have gotten a TPW, including myself, i really suggest that you check again with your dealer to see if your TPW has changed.
I was all happy, but now im in fear of what my dealer will tell me when i get him to check tommorow.
So hopefully, this doesnt happen to everyone because one month and a bit is a huge delay!
So guys, i just advise you guys all check ASAP to make sure and report back to this thread if it had changed or not. Thanks guys:chevy:

Here's an excerpt from a message that was posted on GM's message board on Global Connect by Ed Peper.

"Ship to Commerce "

"Although production starts today, the actual shipments of produced units will not take place for at least a week to ten days as initial production quality reviews take place. Only after those reviews are completed will ship to commerce begin.

amaro Unveiling Activity May 6, 2009

Orders are already at the plant scheduled to be built and shipped to you for the Camaro unveiling activity. These units are not showing as in system or in bound units because they are ordered under a special account. As the units are produced and released for shipment, they will be reassigned to a dealership and then shipped. Only then will a dealer see an inbound unit on their reports.

As a reminder, these preordered units will be in one of four models and colors and all of them equipped with the award winning 3.6L V-6 that achieves 29 MPG HWY and 304 Horsepower. These units are over and above the initial estimated retail production guide numbers previously provided, and will be invoiced as they are assigned to dealers. The assignment of vehicles will be at random and the dealership cannot make any changes as the units will have already been built.

It is expected every dealership will have at least one unit in time for the reveal on May 6, and in some cases, well before that date. Although we would prefer you to hold this unit until May 6, it is a dealership retail unit, and there are no restrictions to delivering it before May 6.

More information regarding this activity and the availability of point of sales material will be provided in the near future."

Just some info for you guys who are wondering where your car is. I looked at the locator and there are still ZERO vehicles showing up as "delivered". I am almost positive GM has not shipped a single Camaro to a dealer yet.

OUR72GTO 03-25-2009 04:03 PM

I think that post belongs in the "shipping thread" ...this one is about revised TPW.:popcorn:

austinpowersIII 03-25-2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kooter81 (Post 362607)
Here's an excerpt from a message that was posted on GM's message board on Global Connect by Ed Peper.

I think this announcement may be related to this thread I started:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16596

:iono:

Rodrunner 03-25-2009 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ91 (Post 362597)
Just told my dealer to check, he called back and mine has been moved to May 4th, no reasons why. This is just getting retarded now. I wonder what the actual reason is!

What was your TPW?

GLBL WMR 03-25-2009 05:51 PM

Does this appear to be limited to Canadian orders? Has anybody in the US been told that their TPW has been pushed back?

I'm finding this really hard to stomach for you guys, even if it won't end up affecting me. IF this not just a few isolated orders, this is completely unacceptable.

fireresq157 03-25-2009 06:30 PM

I called a few weeks ago and was given 3/31 I din't see that happening realistacly since I was 8th out of 13th back then. I knew production had started earlier than the 16th but still. I'm not sure how accurate these dates are going to be in the start. I would go more on what order (prioraty) your dealer has gotten to.

B.A.Brunswick 03-25-2009 06:36 PM

Finally Some Progress

I ordered my 2LT/RS/Blk on Blk 6MNT on 11/12/08.
Finally today my dealer advised that I was preferenced (code 2500) yesterday (3/24).Still along way to go, but at least this is something.

My dealer is a mid-size Chevy/Cadillac/Buick dealer and there have been 5 Camaros ordered through that dealer (I am # 1 on the list).

:wave:

TJ91 03-25-2009 08:55 PM

I had a TPW of April 20th, nows its May 4th.
GTO was supposed to be checking for a vin this week, but his has been pushed back to May 4th as well.
The worst thing about this, is that your dealer does not get notified, its just changes itself on the workbench and you have to get your dealer to check. Im telling my dealer to check every week because now i have a fear of it being pushed further back. I dont see how GTOS order got pushed back to May 4th, and mine is the same date. Wouldnt that mean that all of those orders that were behind GTO up to me would also be on the 4th of May? Do you understand what i mean?