Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Horrible accident involving LEO DUI (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101801)

SirPhobos1 08-21-2010 10:30 PM

Horrible accident involving LEO DUI

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...=9999100813056

Quote:

At 11:20 a.m. on Friday, Aug. 6, 2010, an Indianapolis Metropolitan Police cruiser driven by Officer David Bisard plowed into a group of four riders on three motorcycles stopped at a red light. One rider was killed, and two others critically injured.

A blood test indicated Bisard was drunk and he was initially charged with seven DUI-related felonies. But those chargers were later dropped because the blood test had been mishandled and no other evidence supported the DUI charge.

This is a pretty big deal right now in Indianapolis. DUI charges were dropped under the claim that the test wasn't administered correctly. It's pretty sad that any and all options are being put forth to save this guy's ass. People like this give honest LEOs a bad name.

2010 SSRS 08-21-2010 10:31 PM

wow, that is wrong

franknbeans 08-21-2010 10:33 PM

wow man this is messed up. . . I hate to see this. . . cop gets in trouble then bailed out so there isn't a bad name for the force or he has friends on the inside. .

2ndgenz28 08-21-2010 10:50 PM

We had a bunch here in Toledo last year, some so drunk they couldn't walk on duty, some with pot in their system during random test and all was swept under the rug, till the local paper got wind. And asked why no official paper work was filed? Police unions brushed it off as normal work stress everyone has.

Though regular folks don't get a freebiee DUI or pot bust with no official paper work and secret hearings.

They should turn and feed on their weak to become stronger and better.
Hold each other up to higher standards then regular folks.

KnightRiderSS 08-21-2010 11:36 PM

Smells like a cover up to me...
First IPD tries to blame the motorcyclists for not doing what they are supposed to when clearly staying put was the best choice and is what we are taught when there is no where to go! DUH!!! Who would have expected to get @ssholed by a cop coming up behind you? Not me!

Next officers responding didn't notice him being impaired....how could you miss it when a person has a BAC of 0.19? Stevie Wonder anyone?

Now because of some bureaucracy bullshit the charges are dropped because the lab tech isn't forensically trained....how hard is it to draw blood? Not very....How accurate is the test? SPOT ON!

Sorry, just needed to vent...I grew up and Indiana and this pisses me off...

McBeevee 08-22-2010 09:51 AM

Yeah I was just reading about that this morning. That jerk got lucky in the fact that the lab tech wasn't certified to draw the blood. I'd hope they give him max sentences for the remaining charges....but who knows.

Zabo 08-22-2010 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Never Satisfied (Post 2247198)
Yeah I was just reading about that this morning. That jerk got lucky in the fact that the lab tech wasn't certified to draw the blood. I'd hope they give him max sentences for the remaining charges....but who knows.

What else can they charge him on? Damage to police property? That's all I can think of.

Either way the jobs that did this one now probably screwed their department and the city outright.

It's got a good chance of going to civil court where the officer (and possibly the city/county) could lose everything. DUI charge or not, that won't matter when you file suit for wrongful death/Assault/whatnot against the city/county. Can 'o worms..

McBeevee 08-22-2010 10:12 AM

I read that he still faces three charges: reckless homicide and two charges of criminal recklessness.

BackinBlackSS/RS 08-22-2010 10:18 AM

I believe the FBI is getting involved on this one. There is a whole lot of corruption going on with this I'm afraid.

SirPhobos1 08-22-2010 10:45 AM

The funny thing about the initial report stating the motorcyclists didn't yield right-of-way... I got a ticket four years ago by IMPD FOR yielding right-of-way (by going through a red light) to a fire engine in almost this exact scenario.

Bit of a double standard.

WadeWilson 08-22-2010 12:20 PM

:thumbdown:

Z28RockStar 08-22-2010 04:27 PM

I can't post what should happen to any cage owner fataly hitting a biker, DUI or not. If its the cage operators fault, woe to them. . . . .

dmiller66 08-22-2010 04:39 PM

Yeah...the test wasn't "administered properly".....right.....wow, crooked lawyers at work again.

CaniacFan 08-22-2010 04:47 PM

Ya, our society is messed up. Here near Raleigh over the past 5 yrs, a pair of DA's in the court were just found guilty of dismissing 33 DWI's to some stupid lower charges - they lost their jobs.

Just this week, a private investigator formerly with the FBI investivated the SBI's policies and procedures and found that the core blood analyst had severely botched 230 cases in which three had already been executued. One guy was released after 17 yrs of wrongfully being in jail. This is just inexcuseable - and these bazztaards are suspeneded WITH PAY... I don't know which is worse - they lied under oath, sent wrongfully charged people to jail or they are being paid for it.. This mess is going to cost taxpayers in NC billions..