Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   A few recent cool things.... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297245)

Lethal Z 05-23-2013 07:44 AM

A few recent cool things....

I just wanted to confirm a few cool recent events as I have seen some discussion on these items recently:

1) XM Radio: I just got a renewal notice from XM in the mail yesturday and they show my renewal date is exactly 1 year from the pruchase date, Sweet. I know some guys have said they got shut off after 3 months.

2) ZL1 plaque: I got a cool letter from GM in the mail yesturday congradulating me on the purchase on my ZL1 and it had a cool type plaque (very worthy of being framed) with my name/vin and details of my car...Very Cool.

3) I got a phone call last night. I have called ID and the caller was listed as, General Motors,,,,HHMMM? I answered and sure enough it was a GM engineer asking about my ZL1. He wanted to know if I was happy with the Car and if there were any issues, complaints or comments I wanted to share. I spoke with him for about 15 minutes, told him I loved the Car and thanked GM for making such a badass ride.

I have owned Vipers and Vettes and never received a call from the factory, to see what I thought.....

Nice job GM!!! :happy0180:

tmandoug1 05-23-2013 07:47 AM

Very impressive, dont suppose you still have the number, I tend to ignore calls that I dont know. I would like to take that call if it ever comes my way.

swizlstik 05-23-2013 07:49 AM

Very cool!!!

Asanti 05-23-2013 08:44 AM

Very nice! I have never heard of a car manufacturer sending out letters of congratulations or certificates of ownership and NEVER a pro-active phone call. Really high marks here for GM.

Normagene 05-23-2013 08:56 AM

Glad to hear about the XM Radio, mine was shut off, and then turned back on, and then another letter telling me it would be shut off in three months, so I had to thru the whole process again. Looks like now its all set. A plaque from GM, are you talking about the Certificates, all of us are waiting/waited on? I received my temp, still waiting on the hard copy. Lastly, did you order the car and was it placed on hold? I know some have/are waiting, the car is long done w/assembly and is/was in some sort of Quality Control holding period. Just wondering why your car? Picked at random/number out of a hat? Your the first I've heard of getting a call, I really like that someone actually took the time to get a customers opinion. I filled out this like 100 question survey, but that's about it. Especially glad you've had no issues! I love my ZL1 too!

Lethal Z 05-23-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Normagene (Post 6578898)
Glad to hear about the XM Radio, mine was shut off, and then turned back on, and then another letter telling me it would be shut off in three months, so I had to thru the whole process again. Looks like now its all set. A plaque from GM, are you talking about the Certificates, all of us are waiting/waited on? I received my temp, still waiting on the hard copy. Lastly, did you order the car and was it placed on hold? I know some have/are waiting, the car is long done w/assembly and is/was in some sort of Quality Control holding period. Just wondering why your car? Picked at random/number out of a hat? Your the first I've heard of getting a call, I really like that someone actually took the time to get a customers opinion. I filled out this like 100 question survey, but that's about it. Especially glad you've had no issues! I love my ZL1 too!

I ordered my ZL1, and it was never placed on hold. As far as the plaque, I dont know if its the certificate you guys are waiting for or if this is different. I will take a pic of it and post. It did not say what # my ZL1 was, just details, Vin and my Name. :happy0180:

DRTH VDR 05-23-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lethal Z (Post 6579038)
........................................ It did not say what # my ZL1 was, just details, Vin and my Name. :happy0180:

The # of your ZL 1 is the last four digits of the VIN.:nod:

2012-1822 05-23-2013 09:48 AM

Yeah that's cool, my XM went away after 6 months but I paid for it, then they sent me a letter saying it was free for a year and I got a refund and it's still on.

But that phone call is cool, too bad I changed my number since then

Lethal Z 05-23-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRTH VDR (Post 6579069)
The # of your ZL 1 is the last four digits of the VIN.:nod:

Cool!! Thanks! :headbang:

Mil 05-23-2013 10:31 AM

I got mine too; my certificate came in the mail about 4 months ago.

swizlstik 05-23-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mil (Post 6579244)
I got mine too; my certificate came in the mail about 4 months ago.

Mine came in my wife's name. :noidea: I have since asked for one in mine. She could care less if it was in her name or not. Me on the other hand, I tend to geek out on stuff like that.

2010 SSRS 05-23-2013 10:55 AM

That is great, GM will always be #1

Chevrolet Customer Svc 05-23-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lethal Z (Post 6578621)
I just wanted to confirm a few cool recent events as I have seen some discussion on these items recently:

1) XM Radio: I just got a renewal notice from XM in the mail yesturday and they show my renewal date is exactly 1 year from the pruchase date, Sweet. I know some guys have said they got shut off after 3 months.

2) ZL1 plaque: I got a cool letter from GM in the mail yesturday congradulating me on the purchase on my ZL1 and it had a cool type plaque (very worthy of being framed) with my name/vin and details of my car...Very Cool.

3) I got a phone call last night. I have called ID and the caller was listed as, General Motors,,,,HHMMM? I answered and sure enough it was a GM engineer asking about my ZL1. He wanted to know if I was happy with the Car and if there were any issues, complaints or comments I wanted to share. I spoke with him for about 15 minutes, told him I loved the Car and thanked GM for making such a badass ride.

I have owned Vipers and Vettes and never received a call from the factory, to see what I thought.....

Nice job GM!!! :happy0180:

Hello Lethal Z,

We are happy you're having such a great experience with your Camaro ZL1. We are sure things will continue to meet and exceed your expectations.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

KaotiK 05-23-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 6579515)
Hello Lethal Z,

We are happy you're having such a great experience with your Camaro ZL1. We are sure things will continue to meet and exceed your expectations.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

It's nice that it looks like GM went the extra mile for some, but it's too bad that they have different tiered service (see: Canada).

I barely had XM for 3 months and it was cut. I did not nor do I expect a call to see how happy I was. No discount on the carbon fiber hood extractor... my window sticker was removed and has a big boot print from the truck driver who hauled it off the car hauler and lastly no ZL1 certificate or plaque such as Lethal Z received!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not disgruntled just pointing a few inconsistencies that demonstrate a different level of customer service.