Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Turbo Kit for V6!!! Turbochargers.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49493)

Teamturbo 10-28-2009 02:46 PM

Turbo Kit for V6!!! Turbochargers.com

We at Turbochargers.com have decided to develop a Turbo Kit for the V6 2010 Camaros to satisfy the speed and power urges for those of you who opted out of the SS. We project a power increase of at least 100whp which would be enough for an SS to see nothing but your tail lights. :) This will be a complete kit including tune and fuel system upgrades. We are unsure of whether it will be a single or twin kit until we get a donor car and inspect it closely. So, we need a donor vehicle!! We will need the car for 2 weeks max and it will be returned to you back to complete stock untouched with a $300 gift certificate to our shop or if you decide to purchase the kit, you'll receive a generous discount over what it will be sold for. The kit will include name brand parts and will be designed and fabricated by our our talented R&D team here at Turbochargers.com.

If you are interested, please contact us at the shop at:
713-681-1111 ask for Jack.

We are located in Houston, TX but if you are willing to ship your car to us we would certainly accept.

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...oboostlogo.jpg

C4 10-28-2009 02:48 PM

whats the total cost

ssump29 10-28-2009 02:51 PM

I think you will need more then 100rwhp to make an SS see the back of your taillights. Given the stock V6 puts out around 233 to the wheels. Gonna need a little more. Other then that good job on stepping up.

MontyCarlo 10-28-2009 03:16 PM

Man, more of these places looking for donor vehicles for discounted kits need to be in the upper midwest.

rolnslo 10-28-2009 03:30 PM

How are you tuning the V6 for the turbo?

Last I heard, no one could do it yet.

I'd let you use my Camaro but I don't think I'm willing to give up my warranty just yet.

ZNOLMT 10-28-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolnslo (Post 1102109)
How are you tuning the V6 for the turbo?

Last I heard, no one could do it yet.

I'd let you use my Camaro but I don't think I'm willing to give up my warranty just yet.

I heard SLP can, but other than that, no one else for now.

Teamturbo 10-28-2009 03:36 PM

We are expecting more than the 100whp increase which is reason for the "> SS" talk however we don't want to get too ahead of ourselves. With the lighter weight of the V6 we think it may make up for a little less power.

We have exclusive information on a full tuning solution by a well known supplier will be available when we are ready for that step of the development. :)

ZNOLMT 10-28-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teamturbo (Post 1102142)
We are expecting more than the 100whp increase which is reason for the "> SS" talk however we don't want to get too ahead of ourselves. With the lighter weight of the V6 we think it may make up for a little less power.

We have exclusive information on a full tuning solution by a well known supplier will be available when we are ready for that step of the development. :)

:w00t: Sounds good! Any estimate on the price yet?

Teamturbo 10-28-2009 03:45 PM

We are looking to retail between $6000-7500.

A gentleman just called to see the discount for the donor car and it's very difficult to project ahead of time because we are unaware of the EXACT amount. That is why we have the option to not keep the kit if it's out of your price range once it's determined.

brAnd7onX 10-28-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teamturbo (Post 1102175)
We are looking to retail between $7500-9500.

A gentleman just called to see the discount for the donor car and it's very difficult to project ahead of time because we are unaware of the EXACT amount. That is why we have the option to not keep the kit if it's out of your price range once it's determined.

Not to be rude or anything and I do love turbos... isn't it cheaper just to upgrade to the SS stock than to buy a turbo for the V6 and ruin the warranty and gas mileage?

P.S. I am getting the V6 camaro so you know im not ripping the V6...

rolnslo 10-28-2009 03:59 PM

I'm sure you'll be able to sell the turbo kits to someone that loves to mod V6 engines but you do realize that MSRP difference between a 2LT/RS and a 2SS/RS is $6620, right?

That gap gets smaller as depreciation kicks in. To price your kit above that range is just asking for fewer and fewer sales. If your target with your turbo kit is at or just slightly above the V8 RWHP, then you need to make sure it's priced right otherwise people are just going to go buy an SS instead. I know I would if I had an extra $7k that I could drop on a turbo for my V6 or just upgrade to a V8.

Teamturbo 10-28-2009 04:04 PM

Not rude, it's a fair comment/ question. :)

The cost is estimated high, however, if we are able to build it for the cost we expect then that estimate will be closer to the $6k mark. And for the gas mileage, depending on how heavy your foot is, can be very minimally effected if at all. You'll still be able to maintain the 29mph hwy because you will be out of boost during cruising. In some cases, turbos have even been known to increase gas mileage slightly due to their ability to increase the efficiency of the engine.

scrming 10-28-2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brAnd7onX (Post 1102196)
Not to be rude or anything and I do love turbos... isn't it cheaper just to upgrade to the SS stock than to buy a turbo for the V6 and ruin the warranty and gas mileage?

P.S. I am getting the V6 camaro so you know im not ripping the V6...

I agree with your assessment... as much of a V6 enthusiast as I am and a turbo fan... I think $7500 to $9500 would be a very hard pill to swallow...

Teamturbo 10-28-2009 04:13 PM

Again, the estimate was set high but it's unfortunately spooked many of you. Realistically we are expecting to be able to sell them somewhere between $6k-7500