Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   165 miles and my car is in the shop - fixed (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368931)

Software Guy 07-16-2014 03:08 PM

165 miles and my car is in the shop - fixed

It started throwing all kinds or lights on the dash on Sunday,( keep in mind I picked it up Friday) brake, engine and the display threw a steering and traction errors. I took it in Monday and they found a loose connector on the ABS unit. I drove it about 5 miles and it started again. Back I went and left it.

GM said to replace the electronic brake module so they did. They drove it about 3 miles and said it was fine.

I picked it up today and put 6 miles on it and it started all over again so back I went. The service manager had already been involved with GM on it and he know's I'm pissed. I told him after the next fix to drive it at least 7 miles and gave him the route. I also gave him the spare set of keys because the car was fine on my 15 miles road test and the only thing that has changed was the key. They decided to take the spare key from me. I must have had that don't f*ing argue with me look on my face!

Ok, so I doubt it's the key but I told them I didn't think it was the brake module either.

Sigh. I wait 4 weeks for the car due to the damn recall and now this. I just wasn't meant to have the car yet I guess.

:iono:

RobertRS 07-16-2014 03:12 PM

What model do you have?

Mean Green Z28 07-16-2014 03:12 PM

wow, that sucks!

Software Guy 07-16-2014 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertRS (Post 7822680)
What model do you have?

2SS with the RS package.

Muscle Car Memories 07-16-2014 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Software Guy (Post 7822779)
2SS with the RS package.

After 3 dealer attempts to fix it you can lemon law the Camaro and get another one.

RobertRS 07-16-2014 03:58 PM

Curious if when it throws the steering errors if you lose power steering? There are a couple of guys that posted on here recently in the problems forums.with that problem on new SS's with the electric steering.

BLTZKRG 07-16-2014 04:12 PM

Im at 264 so far so good...other than the A/C quitting on me after a WOT blast to 4k...knock on wood.

shibbs 07-16-2014 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories (Post 7822798)
After 3 dealer attempts to fix it you can lemon law the Camaro and get another one.

Lemon Law varies state-to-state.

Software Guy 07-16-2014 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories (Post 7822798)

It's all on the same work order, but yes after 3 you can lemon law it.

I do lose power steering when I get the message. Both the dealer and GM are confused.....

Chevrolet Customer Svc 07-16-2014 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Software Guy (Post 7822671)
It started throwing all kinds or lights on the dash on Sunday,( keep in mind I picked it up Friday) brake, engine and the display threw a steering and traction errors. I took it in Monday and they found a loose connector on the ABS unit. I drove it about 5 miles and it started again. Back I went and left it.

GM said to replace the electronic brake module so they did. They drove it about 3 miles and said it was fine.

I picked it up today and put 6 miles on it and it started all over again so back I went. The service manager had already been involved with GM on it and he know's I'm pissed. I told him after the next fix to drive it at least 7 miles and gave him the route. I also gave him the spare set of keys because the car was fine on my 15 miles road test and the only thing that has changed was the key. They decided to take the spare key from me. I must have had that don't f*ing argue with me look on my face!

Ok, so I doubt it's the key but I told them I didn't think it was the brake module either.

Sigh. I wait 4 weeks for the car due to the damn recall and now this. I just wasn't meant to have the car yet I guess.

:iono:

My deepest apologies to hear of the vehicle concerns you've experienced; your frustration is certainly understandable. You're encouraged to keep us posted on the results of the service process, or message me privately if you have additional questions. If necessary, I can also contact their designated Customer Experience Manager if you believe additional assistance is needed. We'll look forward to your updates :).

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

RobertRS 07-16-2014 09:10 PM

Hey Software Guy...I'm curious as to whether your Camaro is automatic tranny L99 or manual tranny LS3?

Software Guy 07-17-2014 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 7823609)
My deepest apologies to hear of the vehicle concerns you've experienced; your frustration is certainly understandable. You're encouraged to keep us posted on the results of the service process, or message me privately if you have additional questions. If necessary, I can also contact their designated Customer Experience Manager if you believe additional assistance is needed. We'll look forward to your updates :).

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

I'm going to give them until Wednesday before I feel the need to escalate it through GM. The dealer is doing everything they can but it's beyond them. I'm trying to be really patient with them. I had a Saab years ago that would just randomly tell me I had no transmission while I was driving. Ultimately GM had to buy the sucker back. It had about 20 problems they couldn't fix that kept coming back.

The car is an Manual.

I'm trying to get them to give me a Vette for a loaner!

roadblock 07-17-2014 08:11 AM

As cars get more complicated, even the builders have issues troubleshooting and resolving issues. I would be unhappy. With each passing year, I miss the old days more! I am happy that I kept my '72 Corvette for the last 41 years. If it breaks, I can fix it!

mpiersd 07-17-2014 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shibbs (Post 7822954)
Lemon Law varies state-to-state.

This, if your state even has a lemon law.
I even had a Colorado Dealer argue it with me because the Pontiac I had at the time was purchased in Texas and had Kansas tags. They tried to feed me all kinds of crap about how lemon laws only apply to where you bought thecar, another trip it was where the car was registered. Final trip, it was kiss my ass we're so sorry Sir, we replaced the transmission. I had contacted GM corporate about the issue that time.
I'm Military, so yeah, I move around a lot.