Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hot Wheels Camaro Interview: Design Chiefs David Ross & Felix Holst (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258304)

ALLTRBO 11-02-2012 11:12 AM

I'm equally frustrated about the blue thing (I've wanted a blue like this all along. I've bought two new 5thgens since early 2010, both would have been a color like this if available).
Keep in mind, however, that GM probably has some kind of contract with Mattel that might keep this particular blue (Kinetic Blue Metallic) exclusive to the Hot Wheels edition.

That being said, I don't understand why they won't, and haven't, made one just like this available.

F-bod Father (Sp?) Said in an older thread (I don't have time to look it up right now) that medium blues don't usually sell well, and that's why they don't offer one. From what I gather, GM keeps using ABM as the excuse for the Camaro, saying that not enough people wanted that color to justify the expense of having it. Of course, they didn't even give it a chance in my opinion, but even if they did, a lot of people don't like the AQUA in Aqua Blue Metallic and would rather have BLUE Blue Metallic. (BBM? heh...)

Maybe next year?

INTENSS 11-02-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monstertodd (Post 5765552)
I have literally been mind f#$%@d by GM. I just cannot believe they are not releasing this blue for regular production.

I hate to crap on this thread like I have the others, and I apologize to the other members and forum mods, but I just cannot contain my anger and disappointment at GM.

No need to apologize, I feel your frustration. The only blue they have now might as well be black, it's ridiculous. Then when GM shows up with an absolutely beautiful blue that's actually being applied to a Camaro, they say nah, only if you pony up $7000 and get these Hot Wheels logos too. You know, the emblems on the car aren't even the bad part (you can pluck them right off), it's the embroidered seats that kill me...and the $7000 price tag to get it. Have I mentioned I'd prefer to have this color available on the 1LE? :chevy:

INTENSS 11-02-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALLTRBO (Post 5765885)
I'm equally frustrated about the blue thing (I've wanted a blue like this all along. I've bought two new 5thgens since early 2010, both would have been a color like this if available).
Keep in mind, however, that GM probably has some kind of contract with Mattel that might keep this particular blue (Kinetic Blue Metallic) exclusive to the Hot Wheels edition.

That being said, I don't understand why they won't, and haven't, made one just like this available.

F-bod Father (Sp?) Said in an older thread (I don't have time to look it up right now) that medium blues don't usually sell well, and that's why they don't offer one. From what I gather, GM keeps using ABM as the excuse for the Camaro, saying that not enough people wanted that color to justify the expense of having it. Of course, they didn't even give it a chance in my opinion, but even if they did, a lot of people don't like the AQUA in Aqua Blue Metallic and would rather have BLUE Blue Metallic. (BBM? heh...)

Maybe next year?

I too would assume there's an agreement with Mattel to use this color only on the Hot Wheels car, and that's a shame. But I also agree with your second assessment - that the aqua portion of ABM was its downfall. I like ABM from its more "blue angles" but don't at all like the green-ish tint it has from others. Unfortunately, I know what's going to happen...I'm going to order an IOM 1LE here in a couple of months and then a blue will come out next Fall....typical.

cawcolo 11-03-2012 08:03 PM

Hot Wheels Camaro

This is my first post on this forum, and I'm happy to say I like the new Hot Wheels Edition well enough that I went out and ordered one today. I've been waiting years to pull the trigger and get a Camaro, and today was the day! :happyanim:

PYROLYSIS 11-03-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cawcolo (Post 5770431)
This is my first post on this forum, and I'm happy to say I like the new Hot Wheels Edition well enough that I went out and ordered one today. I've been waiting years to pull the trigger and get a Camaro, and today was the day! :happyanim:

Congrats and welcome to the site. Your going to have one of the best looking Camaros GM has ever built.

wlvrine 11-03-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cawcolo (Post 5770431)

Congrats! Can we ask what the price will be?

stratosphere 11-04-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS (Post 5770620)
Congrats and welcome to the site. Your going to have one of the best looking Camaros GM has ever built.

damn straight :thumbsup:

i hate to say but if i was in the market it would be a no-brainer even with the $7k markup. This car looks stunning in pictures, cant wait to see it in person.

Mr. Wyndham 11-04-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stratosphere (Post 5772434)
damn straight :thumbsup:

i hate to say but if i was in the market it would be a no-brainer even with the $7k markup. This car looks stunning in pictures, cant wait to see it in person.

:word:

Personally, I'm dying to see that metallic strip...what Felix called the "flame lick" across the rear fender! :)

Congratulations Calcolo!! :thumbsup:

FINALLYSATISFIED 11-04-2012 03:58 PM

The next time we see this KB color might be on the Z__. Wouldn't that be something.

cawcolo 11-04-2012 05:20 PM

Thanks All! I'll be counting the days until it arrives.

wlvrine - Sticker Window price will be about $47,700 with the way I equipped it.

Rallysport 11-04-2012 10:06 PM

Well, I went to SEMA, and saw this Hotwheels Camaro. Pictures do not do it justice. Period. It is absolutely AWESOME.:thumbsup: I have been whining for several years on this forum about a decent Blue Metallic, how Aqua Blue was too green, and why GM wouldn't give us a better choice. Well, here it is. Unfortunately, I don't think I can afford the extra $7000 for the package.:facepalm: I really like it, its really trick looking, but I just don't think I can afford it. That is the part that sucks, frankly. I have been following this new Camaro before the first prototype hit the Detroit show several years ago. I have waited and waited patiently. Now, the color I have waited for is here...and I probably won't be able to get it. Please, GM...I beg you...offer this beautiful color on all the Camaro models.

wlvrine 11-04-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cawcolo (Post 5773200)
Thanks All! I'll be counting the days until it arrives.

wlvrine - Sticker Window price will be about $47,700 with the way I equipped it.

Thanks, and congrats! I'm seriously thinking about trading in my 2010, that blue is too awesome! I guess we'll see.

INTENSS 11-05-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rallysport (Post 5774288)
Well, I went to SEMA, and saw this Hotwheels Camaro. Pictures do not do it justice. Period. It is absolutely AWESOME.:thumbsup: I have been whining for several years on this forum about a decent Blue Metallic, how Aqua Blue was too green, and why GM wouldn't give us a better choice. Well, here it is. Unfortunately, I don't think I can afford the extra $7000 for the package.:facepalm: I really like it, its really trick looking, but I just don't think I can afford it. That is the part that sucks, frankly. I have been following this new Camaro before the first prototype hit the Detroit show several years ago. I have waited and waited patiently. Now, the color I have waited for is here...and I probably won't be able to get it. Please, GM...I beg you...offer this beautiful color on all the Camaro models.

I think there are a number of us who love this color, would actually purchase it, but are turned off by the $7000 price tag to make that happen. It appears the RS package is a part of the $7000 price though, right? I guess that makes the package slightly easier on the wallet, but I'd still prefer to use that money towards a 1LE package and not some Hot Wheels emblems/stitching. Otherwise, the wheels, stripe, and rest of the package look great.

Roll_the_Dice 11-05-2012 10:50 AM

I just sent the GM of my dealer an email asking about production #s. I am considering ordering one. Does anyone have a guesstimate or know the production run? I wanted an ABM car when I ordered mine...might have to bite the bullet on this one...can't make up my mind. Hate the premium and not crazy about the hot wheel seats, but we will see.

PYROLYSIS 11-05-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll_the_Dice (Post 5775543)
I just sent the GM of my dealer an email asking about production #s. I am considering ordering one. Does anyone have a guesstimate or know the production run? I wanted an ABM car when I ordered mine...might have to bite the bullet on this one...can't make up my mind. Hate the premium and not crazy about the hot wheel seats, but we will see.

The production numbers are limited by time. The hotwheels edition will be made from January to June 2013 so it will be however many are ordered during that time.

wlvrine 11-05-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS (Post 5775563)
The production numbers are limited by time. The hotwheels edition will be made from January to June 2013 so it will be however many are ordered during that time.

Am I wrong to think that $7k isn't too much?
i think the ground effects, and 21' wheels alone would get it kind of close to that, No?
Then all the other stuff is nice addition. Or am I just expressing my childhood nastalgia!! :-)
I would remove the side HW emblems, though. But that's just me.

PYROLYSIS 11-05-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wlvrine (Post 5775756)
i think the ground effects, and 21' wheels alone would get it kind of close to that, No?
Then all the other stuff is nice addition. Or am I just expressing my childhood nastalgia!! :-)

I think it's too expensive but I'm not interested in one. If you like it then the price is worth it. It's a great looking package but my gut tells me there is a pretty wide profit margin on this car. I also thought the dusk package was a little pricey when compared with the 1LE package.

Ron66Vette&10SS 11-05-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wlvrine (Post 5775756)

I thought $7K was pretty steep as well....until I optioned out a 2SS with "regular" (non Hot Wheel edition) options and the cost added up pretty quick: RS Package, 21" wheels, ground effects, stripes, different spoiler, premium paint, painted engine cover.......you're over $10K already and that doesn't even include the interior stiching, decals, different door inserts, different grill, and the uniqueness of the parts.

Still a bit steep, but not totally unreasonable. It would be nice if they at least included some sort of performance options (shifter, dual mode, higher rear gear....something!) for that much though.

wlvrine 11-05-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron66Vette&10SS (Post 5775931)
I thought $7K was pretty steep as well....until I optioned out a 2SS with "regular" (non Hot Wheel edition) options and the cost added up pretty quick: RS Package, 21" wheels, ground effects, stripes, different spoiler, premium paint, painted engine cover.......you're over $10K already and that doesn't even include the interior stiching, decals, different door inserts, different grill, and the uniqueness of the parts.

Still a bit steep, but not totally unreasonable. It would be nice if they at least included some sort of performance options (shifter, dual mode, higher rear gear....something!) for that much though.

Nice to know that info. Some thrown in options would be a good idea! Never hurts to try!

cawcolo 11-05-2012 07:33 PM

Hot Wheels Edition

Yeah, before adding options NOT included in the package, you start at (2SS) $36,135 + $6995 = $43,130. That's not bad.

Then decide if you want an automatic, navigation, illuminated footwells & cupholder, etc. As others have pointed out, the package already includes the RS package, 21" wheels, ground effects & rear spoiler (from the ZL-1 :thumbsup:), Blk engine cover, floor mats, etc. There's only a few things left to even consider adding.

FYI - My dealer called today and said it's not available with the sunroof.

wlvrine 11-06-2012 12:48 AM

When did a cup holder become an option??

INTENSS 11-06-2012 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cawcolo (Post 5777150)
Yeah, before adding options NOT included in the package, you start at (2SS) $36,135 + $6995 = $43,130. That's not bad.

Then decide if you want an automatic, navigation, illuminated footwells & cupholder, etc. As others have pointed out, the package already includes the RS package, 21" wheels, ground effects & rear spoiler (from the ZL-1 :thumbsup:), Blk engine cover, floor mats, etc. There's only a few things left to even consider adding.

Starting off at $43,130 is pretty brutal considering what they give you in a 1LE package for HALF the Hot Wheels package price. Dissapointing that you can't get a sunroof with it either.

cawcolo 11-06-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wlvrine (Post 5778384)
When did a cup holder become an option??

I don't know when the illuminated footwells & cupholders became available.

Rallysport 11-06-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cawcolo (Post 5777150)

Probably not available with the sunroof because of the stripe running over the roof...GM figures that would look awkward with a stripe and sunroof I guess. Makes no dif to me any way, I can't afford the car. Besides, with this election outcome, I'm not spending a dime on anything I don't need from here on out. Good luck, GM. Good luck, USA. It's pretty much over now.

INTENSS 11-07-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rallysport (Post 5782164)
Probably not available with the sunroof because of the stripe running over the roof...GM figures that would look awkward with a stripe and sunroof I guess. Makes no dif to me any way, I can't afford the car. Besides, with this election outcome, I'm not spending a dime on anything I don't need from here on out. Good luck, GM. Good luck, USA. It's pretty much over now.

They could have just deleted the stripe on the roof and add the sunroof. It's not that difficult. I've never been a big fan of a stripe being applied from nose to rear like a paint roller anyhow.