Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Thumb Drive USB issue (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25924)

Coop 2010 06-05-2009 07:30 AM

Thumb Drive USB issue

Is there anyway to have it "remember" there is a thumb drive plugged in.

Eveytime I switch to AUX it goes to the ipod jack, it doesn't see the thumb drive unless I unplug it and plug it back in. Comes up everytime I do that, so it's not the issue others are having with Zune that doesn't come up. It's just a pain to open the center console every time I want to listen to the thumb drive.

Crowley 06-05-2009 07:32 AM

hmm for me, when I choose sources, I have AUX and then the next source is the USB (Thumb drive I am using). After AUX it doesn't say USB but is blank because it is loading the song .. it starts right up.

Crowley

Coop 2010 06-05-2009 08:02 AM

Sweet... That worked, thanks for the help Crowley, I was just expecting some sort of display to come up showing USB so I was being too impatient then cycling from Aux to CD, not waiting for the USB.

Thanks for the help.

Crowley 06-05-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coop 2010 (Post 554737)
Sweet... That worked, thanks for the help Crowley, I was just expecting some sort of display to come up showing USB so I was being too impatient then cycling from Aux to CD, not waiting for the USB.

Thanks for the help.

No problem .. you know what .. it got me too at first .. LOL .. BTW .. I see your right down 75 from me .. I'm up in McKinney .. another member in McKinney just got his car .... you expecting to go to any local meets?

Crowley

codeman71 06-05-2009 12:08 PM

Sorry that it was a bit tricky to get that screen up. You can blame me for that!

There should have been a popup screen (just like AM/FM/XM) after you press the Aux button a couple times. The first would be purely for the analog 1/8" aux jack, second for the first aux device (USB drive, Zune, iPod, Bluetooth device, etc). If you had two devices connected (1 USB and 1 Bluetooth), the other device would come up after the first. The next aux button press would take you back to CD to start the cycle all over again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coop 2010 (Post 554737)

Thanks for the help.

racingray68 06-05-2009 12:23 PM

Hey Codeman, why dosen't my mp3 player work with this car? its not an ipod or a zune, I got it from over seas its really a good mp3 player but it isnt working in the car.please help I need my music!! Thanks Ray

codeman71 06-06-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racingray68 (Post 555582)
Hey Codeman, why dosen't my mp3 player work with this car? its not an ipod or a zune, I got it from over seas its really a good mp3 player but it isnt working in the car.please help I need my music!! Thanks Ray

Racingray, the PDIM was designed to operate with a lot of devices, but unfortunately, not every MP3 player operates quite the same. For the MP3 player to be compatable, it has to support PlaysForSure. Even with that, not all PlaysForSure devices will work. Only ones that support PlayFromDevice will allow the car to play music over the USB cable. Even with them supporting PlayFromDevice, not all of those players will allow DRM'd content to be played over the USB cable. Sorry that I can't be more help, it just really depends on the MP3 player and how it was designed.

I would recommend using a USB thumb drive to play your music. They are really inexpensive these days and you'll get the same experience using that as you would using your MP3 player. Then you can just leave the drive in the car and not have to worry about carrying it with you.

Let me know if I can help with anything else!

mbauer14085RS/SS2010 06-06-2009 11:58 AM

how do i get my music onto my thumb drive lol?

Coop 2010 06-07-2009 07:14 PM

Just copy the music files to the thumb drive just like you would any other file.

mobilin 06-07-2009 07:23 PM

Bluetooth Streaming? My cell phone is a Samsung Omnia that I'm currently streaming to a BlackBerry audio gateway then using the AUX in my Aveo. My Camaro should be here in about 2 weeks and I was wondering if I can stream music over the Bluetooth to the car speakers. Thank you for your help.

jr_hoyt 06-07-2009 07:27 PM

Yes, you can stream music via bluetooth. How, I don't know, cuz mine isn't here yet, but I know for fact that you can!

Wasn't really helpful, but at least you know it's possible...

JewelZ 06-07-2009 07:50 PM

honestly to me the thumb drive thing is kool but I would rather bluetooth sync it becuase that way I dont have to stick my phone into the consol

UCF w00t 06-07-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JewelZ (Post 561954)
honestly to me the thumb drive thing is kool but I would rather bluetooth sync it becuase that way I dont have to stick my phone into the consol

What does bluetooth sync have to do with not putting your phone in the console? I don't see how they're related. You can use a USB thumb drive and just leave it in there and do whatever you want. You can also use your phone if you want. The two are completely independent of one another.

DCSS 06-08-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coop 2010 (Post 561850)
Just copy the music files to the thumb drive just like you would any other file.

When you do this...how will the songs be seperated?..meaning will the thumb drive just have one large list of songs or can it be seperated into artists,albums, or genres for example so your head unit will display this information in that way?