Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Sports Lounge (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Help with fantasy football (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313678)

lscamaro 08-18-2013 05:05 PM

Help with fantasy football

I'm doing a league with some friends and was hoping to get some help. I've only done fantasy once before but that was fantasy basketball so I have no idea what I'm doing in fantasy football. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a big sports fan so I'm not new to sports by any means. Can anyone give me some tips or who I should take? I did some research and it looks like wr and rb are where it's at in fantasy. Anything else you guys would be willing to share?

Steve Dallas 08-18-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lscamaro (Post 6912983)
I'm doing a league with some friends and was hoping to get some help. I've only done fantasy once before but that was fantasy basketball so I have no idea what I'm doing in fantasy football. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a big sports fan so I'm not new to sports by any means. Can anyone give me some tips or who I should take? I did some research and it looks like wr and rb are where it's at in fantasy. Anything else you guys would be willing to share?

Draft Sanchez first.

mlee 08-18-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Dallas (Post 6913081)
Draft Sanchez first.

:doh:

lscamaro 08-18-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Dallas (Post 6913081)
Draft Sanchez first.

Done. :lol:

mlee 08-18-2013 06:24 PM

Get a couple of good RB's first and depending on who's left in the QB dept you might pick one up and then work on WR's. TE Kicker should be your last pics. Don't get caught up in getting that one top kicker at the expense of a decent WR.

Mydivorcegift 08-18-2013 06:39 PM

Draft Tebow 2nd.

Mydivorcegift 08-18-2013 06:41 PM

It really will depend on what pick you are in the draft an what league it is...yahoo, espn, etc...

lscamaro 08-18-2013 06:48 PM

It's on espn

mlee 08-18-2013 07:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lscamaro (Post 6913249)
It's on espn

What site you're on doesn't make a difference. Your league will be customized by whoever created it. If it's a PPR league (points per reception) it adds some value to WR's and TE's. Also, it may be set up as WR/TE or FLEX position. If you can use a WR instead of a dedicated TE that's usually best.

Check your league settings to see how the pts are set up and what positions fills the roster.

Mydivorcegift 08-18-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 6913294)
What site you're on doesn't make a difference.

Ummm...yes it does. If it's a yahoo league it's 3 wr's and 2 rb's....

Mydivorcegift 08-18-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lscamaro (Post 6913249)
It's on espn

Again it will depend on what your draft position is. But my general rule of thumb in ESPN leagues this year will be RB, RB, WR, RB, QB, WR....

But that can very easily be changed up depending on who others draft. If you go RB, RB and say for some crazy reason Jimmy Graham is available in the 3rd round you would take him and move everyone else down one slot.

Mydivorcegift 08-18-2013 07:56 PM

Another example....

I just got done with a money league draft in yahoo...I had the 7th pick overall. So I had a choice, I could take an Alfred Morris'ish RB or I could take the #1 WR in FF, Megatron. Now if I take Morris with the #13 pick I could have taken a Dez Bryant/AJ Greene ish WR...but in my mind the difference between Calvin Johnson and these 2 is greater than the difference between Alfred Morris and the RBs available at 13.

So I ended up with Megatron, Steven Jackson, Chris Johnson, Marques Colston, Jordy Nelson, Russel Wilson, Owen Daniels, Houston's D, and Goskowski...

mlee 08-18-2013 08:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift (Post 6913379)
Ummm...yes it does. If it's a yahoo league it's 3 wr's and 2 rb's....

Negative... All of these leagues are totally configurable. Here's an example

Attachment 547659

It's all up to the guy who sets up the league. I play 3 different Yahoo leagues and all are different.

Mydivorcegift 08-18-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 6913471)
Negative... All of these leagues are totally configurable. Here's an example

Attachment 547659

It's all up to the guy who sets up the league. I play 3 different Yahoo leagues and all are different.

Are these "free" leagues or leagues that at set up by people you know and play with?