Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Exhaust Warranty (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36373)

CamaroGreg 08-08-2009 02:43 PM

Exhaust Warranty

If you chose to put aftermarket exhaust on, which warranty would this void? Sorry if this is a stupid question. :D

MikeBing 08-08-2009 03:23 PM

I believe an axle back exhaust would just void the warranty on the stock mufflers, which wouldn't be there anymore, so it wouldn't matter.

CamaroGreg 08-08-2009 03:30 PM

Thats what I thought.. I was arguing with someone who said that it would void the whole basic 3 year warranty. Would new headers void the engine warranty? :]

SGOS252382 08-08-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroGreg (Post 776103)
Thats what I thought.. I was arguing with someone who said that it would void the whole basic 3 year warranty. Would new headers void the engine warranty? :]

No
Most service departments will look at the mod (whatever it might be) and see if it's related to the issue.
They will also look at any bulletins that are out on defective parts. Right now my dealer is replacing a heater hose valve on my SS because of a weird noise coming from behind the glove box. They just received a bulletin on it this week. So that is a defective part and would most likely be replaced on any Camaro that came in with the issue.

Even with more serious mods, you can still get warranty work done on unrelated issues.
When I had a cam package, headers, high flow cats, exhaust, intake, and a tune, I still got lots of warranty work done on my GTO (radio controls not working, gas tank seal replaced, etc).

BryanB 08-08-2009 06:02 PM

There's a law that states that aftermarket parts can not void your warranty unless the aftermarket part can be proven to have caused the problem.

c0rsa180 08-08-2009 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGOS252382 (Post 776141)
No
Most service departments will look at the mod (whatever it might be) and see if it's related to the issue.
They will also look at any bulletins that are out on defective parts. Right now my dealer is replacing a heater hose valve on my SS because of a weird noise coming from behind the glove box. They just received a bulletin on it this week. So that is a defective part and would most likely be replaced on any Camaro that came in with the issue.

Even with more serious mods, you can still get warranty work done on unrelated issues.
When I had a cam package, headers, high flow cats, exhaust, intake, and a tune, I still got lots of warranty work done on my GTO (radio controls not working, gas tank seal replaced, etc).

how would u explain this noise? I took my car on a trip and was hearing a clicking or something from behind the glove box, is that what you heard?

DDustiNN 08-09-2009 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c0rsa180 (Post 777411)
how would u explain this noise? I took my car on a trip and was hearing a clicking or something from behind the glove box, is that what you heard?

+1

CamaroGreg 08-09-2009 07:11 PM

Ok so for the heck of it lets say i do a muffler delete and add straight pipes. Obviously any warranty on the exhaust is void. Lets say in a month something random starts going on with my engine.. would whatever warranty on the engine be voided? Or is it the dealer call? What about headers also?