Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Kooks Header Install (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277724)

11vert w&o 02-17-2013 07:52 PM

Kooks Header Install

I bolted my Kooks stepped headers on tonight by myself. This was my first GM header install and I can't believe how easy they go on. The hardest part is trying to hit the hole in the block with the dipstick tube. Now it's time to order the Corsa exhaust and CAI intake. Thanks to Kooks and Maryland Speed for a great fitting product, I hope they perform as well as they fit.

Motion427 02-17-2013 08:03 PM

Same here.Installed quite a few sets.They are easier to install then people might think.
Yep,the dipstick can be a little challenge.
Congrats!!!!

SPCBA 02-17-2013 08:40 PM

congrats on the headers...you will love them for the life of the car

Sword5 02-17-2013 09:01 PM

Ordering mine in a couple of weeks, really looking forward to this mod. The tune will be right behind them.

11vert w&o 02-17-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motion427 (Post 6173386)
Same here.Installed quite a few sets.They are easier to install then people might think.
Yep,the dipstick can be a little challenge.
Congrats!!!!

I'm still amazed that it takes longer to install the dipstick tube than it does to put the headers on. I had everything off of the car and ready to go when I went to the garage tonight thinking I may get one header hung, the next thing I knew I was done.

Tibo1LE 02-17-2013 09:02 PM

nice!!

litle88 02-17-2013 09:13 PM

Welcome to the Maryland Kooks Klub! Lol

MOCamaro 02-17-2013 10:27 PM

So, I've been cruising along with my bone stock ride for three years and finally decided to jump into the mod pool by joining the "Maryland Club" (Kooks stepped headers, green cats, CAI) :thumbup: ...you guys are getting me excited to start swimming...once Kooks sends Brandon some more green cats! I'll be sure to post my progress.

2012InfernoSS 02-17-2013 10:40 PM

Grats on the headers.. I did my kooks myself also and was vary easy.. took longer to get it up on jack stands i thought. The planets must have been lined up cause my dip stick tube went right in first try lol.. should have marked it on the calender and played the lotto cause that never happens for me

11vert w&o 02-17-2013 10:45 PM

Brandon does a great job. I think my headers came in about two weeks and that was with getting them coated. Unfortunately it took me a month to put them on, the worst move I ever made was putting a TV and refrigerator in my garage.

MOCamaro 02-17-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11vert w&o (Post 6174111)
Brandon does a great job. I think my headers came in about two weeks and that was with getting them coated. Unfortunately it took me a month to put them on, the worst move I ever made was putting a TV and refrigerator in my garage.

x2 Brandon had the CAI and headers here in less than a week; not to mention the great deal in the first place! Apparently this group has single-handedly drained the manufacturer of all their green cats...but I've waited 3 years to do something with the car, I can handle another couple of weeks.

z28racer 02-17-2013 11:13 PM

I love my Kooks and the Green cats:happyanim:!!! Thanks Brandon and MarylandSpeed for the great deal!!:thumbsup::thumbup:

Dupontdon24 02-18-2013 03:55 AM

Have you tuned yet? Question I have is if a guy just installs headers and tune, will he have to tune again after he does the catback at a later date? Congrats on the mod!!! SS:chevy:

11vert w&o 02-18-2013 10:24 AM

No tune yet, I'm probably going to wait a year to do the tune, it won't get driven much and I know I will have a light. I want to add a cam, intake and maybe heads before I tune. I wanted to get it all done before spring but I bought a musclecar and it's eating up my time and money. I want both ready for driving season this year, even if they aren't 100%.