Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   CAI inc, Air Scoop, and Waser Relocate (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277491)

dreamcamaro 02-16-2013 02:17 PM

CAI inc, Air Scoop, and Waser Relocate

1 Attachment(s)
Just got Done installing my CAI inc cold air intake with Apex Scoop and Washer Relocate. Install took about 2 1/2 hour and was fairly easy. Instruction were clear and the D.I.Y. posts here in C5 were a great help. All product are of good quality and got here to me on time as promised when I ordered.

mikeyg36 02-16-2013 02:22 PM

Looks great! Congrats

Apex Motorsports 02-16-2013 03:42 PM

Thank you for your order. Be sure to let us know what you think once you get a chance to take it for a spin.

http://apex-speed.com/images/emoticons/upgrade.jpg

SPCBA 02-16-2013 03:53 PM

i liked that combo almost as much as my headers..great choice and congrats

Frid 02-17-2013 02:59 PM

Sweeeeeeet! :)

2011RedSS 02-17-2013 07:47 PM

Looks good, I'm getting ready to do the same....

beany323 02-17-2013 08:43 PM

Just spent the day doing a washer relocate kits,air scoop added, a CAI (black) , upgraded drl's and added the running lite/drls harness. Also added a trex phantom grille.

FYI: to old to be laying on the ground. few things that hampered tasks:
had to remove one of the horns. couldnt get the air scoop upper bracket on without removing the horn. wasnt to clear on where to put the refill neck for the washer relocation. Glad i put it on the outside of the CAI. there is no easy way for me to pop off the lid and put back on without grabbing one of my sons to push and i pull to get it on.

Had a hellatime getting a jack under the car, ended up using the sizzor jack location to get it up and slide a jackstand under.

the grille was a pain but had a hook tool that i was able to use to pull the bracket forward. (i got the feeling it will scrap the paint on the inside of the the light area. Looks if i ever remove it, it will need to be painted.

other then that all is well. Will do a fuse pull next and since all my basic mods are done that should be it .. for now! lol..

thanks!

JM20 02-18-2013 10:37 AM

Looks Great! I really like the CAI in black.

Beany...tip for proper lid allignment:
Take the lid off, loosen the inside nut (somewhat snug but loose), reposition the lid and install (this will move the box to a happy position), then after you have it where you want it carefully remove the lid and retighten the nut without moving the box.

It used to drive me crazy removing that thing and found it a real PITA to install. Since I did the above (per an old post I found from the company CAI) it's now much easier to remove and reinstall the lid! I can actually do it now without any tools.

Apex Motorsports 02-18-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JM20 (Post 6175353)
Beany...tip for proper lid allignment:
Take the lid off, loosen the inside nut (somewhat snug but loose), reposition the lid and install (this will move the box to a happy position), then after you have it where you want it carefully remove the lid and retighten the nut without moving the box.

That is a great tip! :clap:

Sales @ CAI Inc 02-19-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamcamaro (Post 6168453)
Just got Done installing my CAI inc cold air intake with Apex Scoop and Washer Relocate. Install took about 2 1/2 hour and was fairly easy. Instruction were clear and the D.I.Y. posts here in C5 were a great help. All product are of good quality and got here to me on time as promised when I ordered.

Congrats on the new toys!! Thank you for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.! :thumbsup: