Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Chevy wins two awards in Chicago....... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2896)

fbodfather 02-19-2008 10:48 PM

Chevy wins two awards in Chicago.......

Bumblebee wins "Car I'd most like to have in my driveway" -- this is the second year that Camaro has won this award -- the Convertible concept won it last year.

Also - Chevy Exhibit won "Best of Show" -- which is quite an accomplishment when you realize that Jeep had their "ride and drive" in their display.......

stovt001 02-19-2008 11:02 PM

:w00t: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap:

GTAHVIT 02-19-2008 11:06 PM

I have to say, It's easy to sit back here and armchair quarterback what's going on at GM. Without question, when you put it all together, I really like what GM is doing and saying. Based on these awards, I'm not alone.

With the alternative fuel R&D, commitment to keep quality high with the Malibu as the new baseline.

GM must be excited about the future.

DGthe3 02-20-2008 12:46 AM

The end of the bad days has past. Lets face it, it was tough to be a GM fan in the 90's. The used cars were from the 80's, and the new designs were nearly all fwd. Reliability was lacking compared to some import brands. some brands were boring and without identity. Interior quality was sub par

That has changed. You can tell a Buick from a Cadillac. Cars have more power and better economy. There are cars that appeal to every market segment, either on sale now or within a year or two. Not just on sale in every segment, but cars that people will say "ooh, thats cool. I want one" in every segment. Several vehicles are offering unbelieveable numbers for their particular segment: ZR-1, full sized hybrid trucks, 2010 Camaro, and on and on. Right now there is the CTS, the new Malibu, the full sized trucks, and the crossovers (were 4 really needed? doesn't matter, they do what they do well regardless of brand). This summer cars like the G8 and the ZR-1 will be winning a whole bunch of track comparisons. And the Camaro a year later.

TAG UR IT 02-20-2008 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 46159)
Bumblebee wins "Car I'd most like to have in my driveway" -- this is the second year that Camaro has won this award -- the Convertible concept won it last year.

Also - Chevy Exhibit won "Best of Show" -- which is quite an accomplishment when you realize that Jeep had their "ride and drive" in their display.......

First: Congratulations!!! On both counts! Of course, the Camaro is going to pick up an award!:happyanim:

Second: Speaking of Bumblebees in driveways, have you heard anything on the Bumblebee sweepstakes giveaway? Just out of curiosity. I imagine word won't be given out until late this year. But, just curious (as a lot of us are) as to how all that was supposed to work out.

Thanks, and congratulations again!

SilverTurtle 02-20-2008 04:15 AM

congrats, Scott! (well, congrats to Chevy, too, lol)

the "car I'd most like to have in my driveway" award is also quite an accomplishment since the Challenger debuted there, too... so this is a big win in the car world :)

Camaroman_99 02-20-2008 04:26 AM

Thats great news Scott, The "new" Camaro just continues to win people over!:cool:

GothamCamaro 02-20-2008 08:52 AM

Not surprised, it didn't matter that the Mustang had it's "show" cars, Dodge with it's new Challengers or that very cool Jeep ride (line was too long for us to wait but we watched)... there were no bigger crowds than around Bumblebee. Made me proud at the Chicago Autoshow. :D Chicago knows what's the best. :respekt:

radz28 02-20-2008 10:35 AM

Congrats' on the awards! It looks like GM is coming around :)

Georgianne 02-20-2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 46159)

I do believe that this award is a direct accomplishment of Scotts since this is his job. Granted you have have great people that work for GM but Scott is the sense of direction. Right? Congrats Scott :w00t: It it nice to be appreciated but to have the award to go with it is way cool!

3whiterag 02-20-2008 11:18 AM

It just keeps getting Better!!! :thumbup:

radz28 02-20-2008 12:24 PM

Indeed. The little bits from Father are always reassuring. I just hope this crappy CAFE garbage doesn't screw it up...
:mad0260: :brokenheart: :barf: :slice: :flame: :moon: :smm7: :suicide: :fighting0072: :fighting0056:

Mr. Wyndham 02-20-2008 12:50 PM

Congratulations Scott, Chevy, and GM!!!
The 'dark' days really have passed. I've never felt embarassed to say it before (EVER) but now I can really be proud to say I'm a GM-guy.:headbang:

Cue the bad joke:
You guys are gonna have to give Chevy dealerships a full runway, 'cause these Camaro's are gonna be flying off the lots!!:D

TheMadHatter99 02-20-2008 01:56 PM

Congratulations to everyone who has worked so hard for those awards (and for the awards certain to come in the not-too-distant future).