Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   MyWorld in Here (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281584)

TJ91 03-07-2013 06:29 PM

MyWorld in Here

Post up Buddy lol

Just repost your posts in here
I feel bad about the thread jack haha

MyWorld 03-07-2013 07:17 PM

Hey Thanks TJ,

I've been meaning to start my own thread, but I was going to wait until my car was finished. Now is as good time as any. My car should be finished up in the next week or so.

OK, I haven't been on Camaro5 for a very long time. I orginally got a STS kit in late 2010. I had a thread going for that build, and I created it way too early. I sort of just stopped updating that thread because it stopped being fun posting about all the issues I encountered, and trust me there were a lot more issues after I stopped posting. For historical reference, if you want to view that thread, it can be viewed here (minus most of the pictures):

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116365

On to the present...

I've been wanting to change up my setup for a long long time now. I finally took the plunge, and brought my car down to Tracy (SC2150) at RX Performance. I heard really good things about him on the forums, but working with him in person blew me away. It shines through like sunshine that he is really into working with LLT / LFX Camaros. You have to love what you are doing to really be good at it, and Tracy genuinually likes work on our V6 Camaros. The last two performance shops I used, you could tell that they didn't enjoy working with a V6 Camaro. It was obvious in their tone, and in their facial expressions. I have the complete opposite experience with Tracy. I wish I would of gone to Tracy alot sooner.

OK, on to what I had done.

1) Replace the STS Turbo with a BorgWarner EFR Turbo.

2) Reconfigure much of the STS piping, most noticeablly on the hot side. The piping was reconfigured so that all of my exhaust goes to the Turbo. With my previous STS setup, the left side was sent to the wastegate, and the right side was sent to the turbo. The EFR has a builtin wastegate, so everything is now being sent to the right side, with the left exhaust tip, just being a dummy now.

3) Move the oil pump to the rear of the car, near the turbo.

4) Installed a ported Throttle Body

5) Installed a ported intake Manifold

6) Installing a custom meth injection system from Alky Control, because it will be running at 12 pounds!

Tracy is tuning it with Vince, and the meth kit is not in yet, so it has not been on the dyno yet.

Tracy, feel free to post picture is here! Thanks.

butters 03-07-2013 07:27 PM

Glad to hear your finally getting things running again. I've only heard bad things about STS.

Are you on chicago5thgen?

lscamaro 03-07-2013 07:40 PM

How do you like the gauges in the middle? Why did you decide to go with them there as opposed to on the a pillar?

MyWorld 03-07-2013 07:43 PM

Yep, I'm on chicago5thgen. I will be at the 5/5 hooters cruise. I'm looking forward to stretching out my legs at the Rockford speedway that day.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

lscamaro 03-07-2013 07:45 PM

Be sure to post what it runs!!! :D

MyWorld 03-07-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lscamaro (Post 6259260)
How do you like the gauges in the middle? Why did you decide to go with them there as opposed to on the a pillar?

The biggest reason was that auto meter wasn't doing a pillar pod at the time (October 2010). There was concerns about the curtain airbag under the a pillars. I had my center speaker pod custom made when I was putting in my stereo system. I really like the center speaker pod. I also like that nobody really has one.

lscamaro 03-07-2013 08:15 PM

Yea, I get you. Yours is actually the first I've ever seen with the gauges there. Are you running cobalt gauges for both? Any reason you went with the mechanical boost gauge over the digital like you did for the AFR?

MyWorld 03-07-2013 08:24 PM

Yep, they are both cobalt gauges.

Truthfully, I did the mechanical boost gauge at the time to save a bit of $ when I first had my kit installed.

I now have a boost controller behind the rearview mirror up high that has a digital boost readout that I can read perfectly. Since I now have two places to read the boost, I never felt the need to replace the mechanical one, plus it looks cooler than a digital one.

butters 03-18-2013 10:49 AM

Did you get your car back yet?

TJ91 03-18-2013 01:49 PM

The Fi section is honestly very promising these days. Some monster builds, love it

MyWorld 03-18-2013 04:39 PM

Nope, I decided to fly down to Florida to pick it up instead. I'm flying down Saturday March 30th.

Its T-minus 12 days for me to go pick it up. I can't wait!!

butters 03-18-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyWorld (Post 6301745)
Nope, I decided to fly down to Florida to pick it up instead. I'm flying down Saturday March 30th.

Its T-minus 12 days for me to go pick it up. I can't wait!!

Awesome! That's going to be a great ride home. Can't wait to get out of this nasty weather!

MyWorld 03-18-2013 06:37 PM

Yep, I'm going to make a three day trip out of it and head a little further east than I need to before heading northwest.

I want to check out the southern Appalachian roads in eastern Tennessee/Kentucky on the way back.