Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2011 Escalade/Avalanche/Silverado/Sierra recall (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121202)

TMoneySS 12-22-2010 04:58 AM

GM orders big recall

General Motors says it's recalling 111,136 2011 Cheverolet Equinox, GMC Terrain and Cadillac SRX crossovers because of seat belt anchors that could fail in a crash.
Some of the crossover vehicles were produced with a seat belt buckle anchor that was cracked, according to GM.
It could contribute to a fracture if the buckle is rotated in a certain way and suddenly is subject to the huge strain of a crash.
If the buckle anchor separates, the seat belt system will noonger restrain the passenger, increasing the potential for injury.
GM says customers will be notified on or before Jan. 18 to bring their vehicles in for dealers to rework the seat belt.

(This article is out of the USA Today. I did NOT write it.)

Just thought i would post this so that all C5ers and their families could be aware and safe!

Have a safe and happy holiday!

-Taylor (TMoney)

MatchbookSS 12-22-2010 05:21 AM

Doing a better job than Toyota. Lol.

midnighter 12-22-2010 05:22 AM

As long as Camaros are good, I'm good ;)

shockandawe 12-22-2010 05:40 AM

That's old news.

R6P 12-22-2010 05:50 AM

All carmakers have recalls, it's the ones who act responsibly (or irresponsibly) that makes the difference.

Sandor 12-22-2010 06:24 AM

This is the "camaro5" forum...

heRS 12-22-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChevyTech (Post 2659115)
All carmakers have recalls, it's the ones who act responsibly (or irresponsibly) that makes the difference.

*coughwindstarcough* :paddle:

Sneeks20 12-22-2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandor (Post 2659135)

:word:

FenwickHockey65 12-22-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Yes, Camaro5...a website about a vehicle sold by Chevrolet within the Chevrolet lineup, designed, engineered, and built by General Motors, which also sells vehicles under the Buick, GMC, and Cadillac brands in North America.

Can't just sit in the Camaro corner and pretend that's all that exists.

Stew 12-22-2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 2660010)
Yes, Camaro5...a website about a vehicle sold by Chevrolet within the Chevrolet lineup, designed, engineered, and built by General Motors, which also sells vehicles under the Buick, GMC, and Cadillac brands in North America.

Not to mention the subforum

"General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion Come chat about other cars."

TMoneySS 12-22-2010 06:10 PM

My appologizes if i offened anyone by posting this, non Camaro specific info, i felt that some people on this forum who may not drive their Camaro year round may drive one of the above stated. Just wanted to make everyone aware that hadnt heard it yet, because it wasnt old news to me and i thought that there may be others who had yet to hear it. Just trying to make sure all my fellow C5ers were safe. Again sorry that this wasnt Camaro specific info.

Have a safe and happy holiday.

-Taylor (TMoney)

ViperTomcat 12-22-2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoneySS (Post 2661141)
My appologizes if i offened anyone by posting this, non Camaro specific info, i felt that some people on this forum who may not drive their Camaro year round may drive one of the above stated. Just wanted to make everyone aware that hadnt heard it yet, because it wasnt old news to me and i thought that there may be others who had yet to hear it. Just trying to make sure all my fellow C5ers were safe. Again sorry that this wasnt Camaro specific info.

Have a safe and happy holiday.

-Taylor (TMoney)

Dont be sorry!

Thanks for posting this info, and ignore the people who gave you a hard time.

ViperTomcat 12-22-2010 06:23 PM

Quote:

And the "General Automotive+ Other Cars Discussion" area..

Oops..

a_Username 12-22-2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 2660010)

:sm3: