Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   New COR Wheels Arriving Tomorrow! What do you think? Thanks Nineball and COR. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153777)

usmcjlp 06-19-2011 07:02 PM

New COR Wheels Arriving Tomorrow! What do you think? Thanks Nineball and COR.

7 Attachment(s)
Warning: Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to share the great customer service that I received.

I have been working with forum member Nineball and Gio at COR wheels. I wanted to post a thread to let other forum members know about the great customer service that I received. This was my first time ordering custom built wheels. I've always ordered cheaper cast wheels. But, I've put so much money into my Camaro, that I wanted something unique. I was really hesitant to drop this kind of cash on wheels. After talking to Nineball for over a year, I decided to take the plunge.

I ordered COR Bravas in a 20x9.5 and 20x11.5 combo to get the deepest dish possible. I also ordered Nitto NT-05s in 275/40/20 and 315/35/20 sizes after Tim at T&T Performance recommended them. I'm at 650+ rwhp with a 4.11 gear set in a manual, so traction is a huge issue.

Tony and Gio were awesome to work with. I never expected this kind of service after the sale. I exchanged emails and over a dozen phone calls. Gio sent at least 30 pictures of the wheels during the build process.

I had a hard time deciding on the finish of the wheels. My SS is red jewel tintcoat with custom black RJT pearl rally stripes. The camaro is debadged, so I wanted a wheel to match my color scheme. Nineball sent me several pictures of custom clearcoats that could be applied to the wheel, at no extra cost!

I initially chose a chrome lip, brushed center with liquid smoke clear coat, gloss black inner, and chrome hardware. The liquid smoke was supposed to be dark but allow the brushed finish to show through. After spraying, the finish was too dark and came out like gloss black. Gio contacted Tony, who then contacted me. Gio knew that wasn't what I wanted and told me to pick something else. How many companies would do that?

Gio recommended the Black Diamond finish to go with my RJT. It looks black, but in direct light it has a reddish tone that shows the brushed finish. Here are a few pictures where you can see the change in the finish, what do you guys think? The final centercaps will match the face. I was going for something subtle that looked performance oriented. I won't get home until probably the end of August. I can't wait to see them on the camaro.

I am very particular about my camaro. I can't say enough good things about Nineball and Gio. They are both true car guys. Gio really takes a lot of pride in his company. I will be a repeat customer. If any other member is considering ordering from either of these vendors, you won't be disappointed.

mikepage0007 06-19-2011 07:10 PM

looks good, but i,m a little biased..lol

Nine Ball 06-20-2011 10:20 AM

And thank YOU for the business and service to our country! It was good working with you, and I can't wait to see these on your RJT Camaro.

Tony

COR Forged 06-20-2011 03:03 PM

John,

Thanks for the kind words brother! I would like to thank you for the service you've provided this country and for making sure that we stay safe as Americans. It was my pleasure making sure you were treated the way you deserved to be as a customer and most importantly as a veteran. Anything you may need in the future please feel free to contact me.

Gio

Darth_Emma 06-20-2011 04:08 PM

I can't wait to see those on your car.

I am getting ready to order a set of 20" wheels for my car and these COR wheels are near the top of my list. (Are you ready Nine Ball?)

JoeP@TeamBeckyD 06-20-2011 04:12 PM

Very nice, but I'm a little partial to your car :wub:

Looks good, can't wait to see pics on the car. :thumbsup:

Nine Ball 06-20-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 3362676)
I can't wait to see those on your car.

I am getting ready to order a set of 20" wheels for my car and these COR wheels are near the top of my list. (Are you ready Nine Ball?)

Noooooooo! :laughabove:

Darth_Emma 06-20-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nine Ball (Post 3364117)
Noooooooo! :laughabove:

pfffffffffft :paddle:

you know you love me. really.

GreenMonster 06-22-2011 11:45 PM

want to see these mounted

usmcjlp 06-23-2011 12:18 AM

I won't be home for a while. I will post as soon as I get them.