Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Lowering Springs question (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302590)

Cornflakes'Camaro 06-18-2013 07:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have BMR front and rear lowering springs (1.4")

Just low enough not to scrape unless theres a really bad designed parking lot....hahaha

Chef Camaro 06-18-2013 10:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by cd3neil19 (Post 6686540)
Both of your cars look great! Ahhh, I have to sit and debate now. I think I should decide which front splitter I want first then go from there (I know some sit lower than others).

If you're not wanting any clearance issues then go with the ACS Composite T4 Splitter. I personally have PFADT lowering springs and have no inclines in my town so am upgrading to a Stillen splitter eventually

SS PANTHER 06-19-2013 05:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I went with Hotchkis sport springs specifically designed for the convertible. 1" drop. I would not go any lower for a DD. My ride quality is good and it handles and brakes better.

cd3neil19 06-20-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef Camaro (Post 6687579)
If you're not wanting any clearance issues then go with the ACS Composite T4 Splitter. I personally have PFADT lowering springs and have no inclines in my town so am upgrading to a Stillen splitter eventually

Thanks for the advice, I did some research and I actually like the way that splitter works.

cd3neil19 06-20-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS PANTHER (Post 6690615)
I went with Hotchkis sport springs specifically designed for the convertible. 1" drop. I would not go any lower for a DD. My ride quality is good and it handles and brakes better.

I think I decided Hotchkis and a splitter.

Chef Camaro 06-20-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cd3neil19 (Post 6692427)
Thanks for the advice, I did some research and I actually like the way that splitter works.

Sounds great! I would like to offer a kind word of advice though. Be very careful when installing it and IMHO make an extra effort to secure it somehow. Now for the reason I say these words: I have 2 friends from back home who both got the splitter. Friend 1 has had zero problems and is a bit "ridiculous" of a driver. Friend 2 had (notice I said HAD) no problems until his lead foot got the better of him, and decided to go 100+mph down the highway !RIP! tore his splitter right off and broke it into 6 pieces. Needless to say, be smart with the installation and you will be fine! :thumb:

cd3neil19 06-20-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef Camaro (Post 6693501)
Sounds great! I would like to offer a kind word of advice though. Be very careful when installing it and IMHO make an extra effort to secure it somehow. Now for the reason I say these words: I have 2 friends from back home who both got the splitter. Friend 1 has had zero problems and is a bit "ridiculous" of a driver. Friend 2 had (notice I said HAD) no problems until his lead foot got the better of him, and decided to go 100+mph down the highway !RIP! tore his splitter right off and broke it into 6 pieces. Needless to say, be smart with the installation and you will be fine! :thumb:

Wow, that's good to know. I'll be taking it to my body shop and make sure they put it on properly and secure.

Chef Camaro 06-20-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cd3neil19 (Post 6694122)
Wow, that's good to know. I'll be taking it to my body shop and make sure they put it on properly and secure.

Good, glad to hear! Good luck with the springs and splitter! Look forward to seeing them installed

coptzr 06-20-2013 09:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is mine with Hotchkis drop springs and a GM frt splitter.

Dznts 06-20-2013 10:14 PM

Pedders FTW!