Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - California (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   So. Cal. Camaro Club (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5532)

linkwpc 08-04-2008 09:00 AM

Is there any special name we are going to call our group?

The_Beast_ 08-04-2008 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 106102)
Pardon me, irwindale is near la/monrovia. I was thinking Buttonwillow.

Buttonwillow doesnt have a drag strip. Its track racing. Now we need to find a 1/4 mile that is open to the public.

Mindz 08-04-2008 03:57 PM

gotcha. Well buttonwillow is there if you guys want to have hotlapping day events. See who's a better racer, and you can use the strip for the people who want to get their jollies from reaction time and standing on the noise pedal.

Personally I'm down for both even though I'll be in my convertible just having a blast win or lose.

The_Beast_ 08-04-2008 04:50 PM

IM down to race there but if I total my car I sweat Mindz I'm blaming you!!!!!!!!!!

:sm0:

Mindz 08-04-2008 05:27 PM

Learn 2 Drive would be my response. =P One of the best present I ever received was Skip Barber Driving school gift certificate. Took ACR vipers at Laguna Seca. Even the dodge neon we learned in taking the corkscrew at 50 was exhilerating.

The_Beast_ 08-04-2008 11:35 PM

what kind of school did you do: high performance driving, racing???? I would really like to do that.

Mindz 08-04-2008 11:55 PM

just the 2 day driving school. Taught offensive and defesive driving. Then we put them all together into an autocross course in the vipers, and got to drive on Laguna Seca as well. Not only is it educational, but it's beyond fun learning how to control the slide of a car and truck with hands on practice.

The_Beast_ 08-05-2008 12:00 AM

Mindz was it the high performance driving school or just to normal (Mazda) one????????

Mindz 08-05-2008 12:14 AM

it wasn't a mazda one. It's the 2 day driving school. The Hi performance school was released later.

The normal one used Dodge neons and dakotas, with the Viper being the pinnacle of driving machines.

the new ultra hi performance driving school is all in the viper.

09'Z28 08-05-2008 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 106742)
just the 2 day driving school. Taught offensive and defesive driving. Then we put them all together into an autocross course in the vipers, and got to drive on Laguna Seca as well. Not only is it educational, but it's beyond fun learning how to control the slide of a car and truck with hands on practice.

my parents are making me take on of those classes out at infineon before i can get my license i honestly think it would be fun even in the one with boring cars, sliding is sliding right? just a viper is more fun:bonk:

The_Beast_ 08-05-2008 11:40 AM

I'd love to fly around the track in porche's but that thing is expensive.

Mindz 08-05-2008 03:28 PM

09'z28, it's fun because you get you drive a car like you stole it. Granted, sip barber wet down the skidpad and we drifted around cones, but it's great. Very informational and fun at the same time.

scotchsride09 08-05-2008 03:41 PM

*jealous*

Sounds like a blast... my boyfriend and I want to start autocrossing but I'd be too scared I'd hurt the 'Maro to take that and I'd really like to take one of those classes first...

Especially the high performance class... or stunt driving school.

Mindz 08-05-2008 04:00 PM

Stunt driving will only teach you the tricks, the driving school actually teaches you how/why the car reacts in certain ways and the fundamentals.

As for autocrossing, I doubt you will ever hurt your camaro doing it. It's just a bunch of cones. If you miss shift trying to get that last tenth or so then it's possible, but if you're doing it for fun, you shouldn't ever have a problem.