Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Sports Lounge (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Grand-Am races Road America in 2011! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108541)

RRrumbLE 09-30-2010 08:57 PM

Grand-Am races Road America in 2011!

Hey all!

I just got an email from Grand-Am.com a couple hours ago announcing that Grand-Am will be joining the Nationwide Series at Road America in 2011!

Both Grand-Am series will take part on the weekend of June 23-26. Stevenson Motorsports runs two Camaros in each series, including the legendary Sunoco Camaros in the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge. The Sunoco Camaros take on strong Mustang efforts from Roush and others, plus a Challenger from TPN/Blackforest Racing and a bunch of BMW M3s and Porsches. From all accounts, Stevenson Motorsports is one of the friendliest pro racing teams in the country, and #6 Sunoco Camaro driver Matt Bell belongs to the Camaro5 forum!

Don't know how many midwestern racing fans there are around here, but Road America is outstanding. Besides being the closest top-notch road course to my home, it's also one of the very best in North America.

I'm gonna plan on making it there one way or another. There should be space at the circuit for a Camaro Corral, and a strong Camaro5 contingent would be awesome. Road America usually provides a time during intermissions for fans to drive their road cars around the race track a few times, though not quite at race pace. :)

So, especially for those of you in the Midwest who can't quite make it to Phoenix for Camaro5Fest II, this is a great opportunity for a fun get together at a great event.

Lemme know whatcha think!
:chevy: :headbang: :chevy:

CamaroScotty 09-30-2010 09:04 PM

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!

RIGHT IN MY BACK YARD!!!!

OctaneZ28 09-30-2010 10:49 PM

Road America is AWESOME!
It would be especially cool to have all our cars on the track.

I'm for it. :)

"prima"Donna 10-01-2010 12:28 AM

I will have to settle for watching the races on tv, however, I am thrilled by the Camaros this season in Grand-Am...:w00t:

Just wait for 2011!!!...that will be the year of the Camaro!!!...:chevy:

MJanowich 10-01-2010 02:50 PM

I just saw this today on grand-am.com. I'm excited to see the race! It's a beautiful track from what I've seen on TV and in Forza 3.

RRrumbLE 10-01-2010 07:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Awesome! Great to see so much interest! :w00t:

I would LOVE to see a parade of Camaro5 Camaros just rockin that event. As we get closer to the date we'll have to take a head count and try to nail down a spot to rally.

:army:

I'll see what I can do about setting up a 'Camaro Corral' where we can all park together and represent. :chevy:

Rock ON! :chevy: :headbang: :chevy: :headbang: :chevy:

RRrumbLE 10-01-2010 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "prima"Donna (Post 2390833)
I will have to settle for watching the races on tv, however, I am thrilled by the Camaros this season in Grand-Am...:w00t:

Just wait for 2011!!!...that will be the year of the Camaro!!!...:chevy:

I think we should put Donna and her Camaro on a freight train so she can come watch the race with us.:thumbup:

"prima"Donna 10-01-2010 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRrumbLE (Post 2393632)
I think we should put Donna and her Camaro on a freight train so she can come watch the race with us.:thumbup:

LOL, sounds good to me!!!! :w00t: :thumbup: :thumbsup: :happyanim:

CamaroScotty 10-02-2010 06:47 AM

Yes, Already working on something for this - :)

Captain Vlad 10-02-2010 01:09 PM

Hell yes, I love that track.

RRrumbLE 10-02-2010 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 2394680)
Yes, Already working on something for this - :)

Really?!? Share! Share!! :popcorn:

CamaroScotty 10-05-2010 03:01 PM

Working with friends to set up a special area.... Jeff B thought it would be cool - maybe he could come over and hang out with us when he isn't racing....

Might just be the midwest event of the year!

RRrumbLE 10-10-2010 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 2406209)
Working with friends to set up a special area.... Jeff B thought it would be cool - maybe he could come over and hang out with us when he isn't racing....

Might just be the midwest event of the year!

Outstanding!! :happyanim:

Well, keep us posted. Sounds like you're all over it! And I think you're right - Camaros galore at Road America cheering on the Camaros on the track? Can't think of anything much better than that!

:stang:

OctaneZ28 10-12-2010 03:48 PM

Big Camaro parade ON the track at some point? Hmmmm?

Hmm, I wonder if we could work with Grand-Am to make that happen.
I already know the Road America staff, so that part wouldn't be a problem.