Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   SCT Tuner questions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253381)

WheelmanSS 10-02-2012 12:41 PM

SCT Tuner questions

Hey yo,

First of all, let me state that I am a total SCT Tuner noob.

The tuner came with my Vortech V3 supercharger kit. I uploaded the base tune to my SS and drove it around for a bit prior to my dyno tune.

The car was dyno tuned without removing the SCT tune. The tuner who worked my car did a great job, and I am 100% satisfied. I have no use for this SCT Tuner now, as it is pretty much a paperweight for me.

My question is, what do I have to do to clear/erase/reset the tuner so that I could sell it to someone? Is this an easy step-by-step process, or do I have to return it the manufacturer for reset?

Thanks!

JANNETTYRACING 10-02-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WheelmanSS (Post 5645484)
Hey yo,

The tuner came with my Vortech V3 supercharger kit. I uploaded the base tune to my SS and drove it around for a bit prior to my dyno tune.

The car was dyno tuned without removing the SCT tune. The tuner who worked my car did a great job, and I am 100% satisfied. I have no use for this SCT Tuner now, as it is pretty much a paperweight for me.

My question is, what do I have to do to clear/erase/reset the tuner so that I could sell it to someone? Is this an easy step-by-step process, or do I have to return it the manufacturer for reset?

Thanks!

Return to your tuner.

While in his driveway, do a Return to stock with the SCT then have him reload your Custom Tune file with what every software he used.

This will Unlock the device for Sale and use.

Ted.

WheelmanSS 10-02-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING (Post 5645613)
Return to your tuner.

While in his driveway, do a Return to stock with the SCT then have him reload your Custom Tune file with what every software he used.

This will Unlock the device for Sale and use.

Ted.

Oh I see. I guess I'll have to set something up. It was done through a speed shop, so I'll see what they can do. Thanks for the heads up.

Crime2 10-03-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WheelmanSS (Post 5645484)
Hey yo,

Thanks!

Was it a shop in Chicago? Who was it?