Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   AI Super Chiller Shipping! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196968)

TrekGTO 01-21-2012 06:42 PM

AI Super Chiller Shipping!

As a special introduction to Camaro5 as a new sponsor Active Interchiller is offering complete Competition Super Chiller kits $799 + $35 Shipping to lower 48 for a limited time 30 days! So that’s 1/22/12 through 2/20/12.
:D
I am also offering 2 free installations until claimed, installation by me in new location St. Pete Fl or by Phil at Phil’s Automotive in Murphy NC. That’s $100 off list price of $899. Personally I offer installation for $500 until further notice. Installation should cost around 6hrs normally.
We welcome Edgard Niebles at Dsmlights Tuning for Authorized Installation and Dealer in Miami FL.
$1199 13" Competition.
$1299 19" Xtreme Chiller.

:w00t: To order PayPal Interchiller@tampabay.rr.com

Dave Spurlock Email Interchiller@tampabay.rr.com
Active Interchiller
1900 28th St N
St. Pete Fl 33703

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/k...t5/Camaro5.jpg

TrekGTO 01-22-2012 12:49 PM

The AI Super Chiller system is guaranteed to lower ICWT 50deg with ICWT running around 32 to 55deg depending on conditions.

The Super Chiller uses the cars AC system to refrigerate the coolant used in water to air intercoolers same way a water fountain makes cold water. The Super Chiller automatically bypasses the original heat exchanger when AC is on with AC off it automatically uses original heat exchanger so there is nothing for driver to do. Competition model has a switch in cabin to turn off Freon to cabin AC so there is no condensation to drip from car there is also an LED to show when in competition mode. Personally I don’t recommend for road racing, as I don’t think cycling AC compressor that much is good idea or having compressor stay on would over RPM reducing life of compressor.

This is a complete kit with nothing extra to buy except Freon and AC oil for installation. No cutting of main body with only a couple mounting holes to drill and trim some plastic parts. Installed system requires only 2-3oz's additional Freon. Any competent AC technician can do the install. Super Chiller kits carry a 1yr limited warranty and if installed by Active Interchiller installation caries a 1 yr warranty also. Any one that can do there own AC work can install this. First Freon is captured by approved machine then after installation is finished return to technician to vacuum system and charge with measured amount of pag oil and Freon 134A.

Turbo99 01-23-2012 09:03 PM

Good to see you made a Sponsor Dave. So far the chiller is still doing its job on my car. Hopefully people will see how easy it is and how much it drops the IATs.

I will say that the data logging on my car showed around 40* drop from before I had the chiller, and the cruisng around with it on is what I like is the IATs are at 65* on a 95* day here in Florida. On a 1/4 mile run my IATs topped at around 105-115* instead of 140-160* and it takes the heatsoak issues out of the picture.

TrekGTO 01-23-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo99 (Post 4366057)
Good to see you made a Sponsor Dave. So far the chiller is still doing its job on my car. Hopefully people will see how easy it is and how much it drops the IATs.

Thank you, this is a great community.

Quote:

I will say that the data logging on my car showed around 40* drop from before I had the chiller, and the cruisng around with it on is what I like is the IATs are at 65* on a 95* day here in Florida. On a 1/4 mile run my IATs topped at around 105-115* instead of 140-160* and it takes the heatsoak issues out of the picture.

That is one bad a** car best of all it’s a stick! You were the best choice for first Camaro5 customer, you truly put it through the paces. Thanks for the support one more thing you know you’re not pulling any timing so that adds more consistency. That’s the biggest complaint I get from before chiller is heat soak where second pass or pull has less HP.

bumblebeecamaro 01-24-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

so you can run the chiller constantly w/o any ill effects, right?

I'm really looking to go this route but I want to be sure this is the type of thing that I can set it and forget it.

TrekGTO 01-24-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro (Post 4367266)
so you can run the chiller constantly w/o any ill effects, right?

I'm really looking to go this route but I want to be sure this is the type of thing that I can set it and forget it.

Street version there is nothing to do, competition version just one switch and LED. Its either set to street with LED off or track with LED on. There is a LCD to display ICWT that runs on a battery you can either hide it away or display. Its pretty well worked out now. Its working anytime AC is on without affecting AC performance.

camaros and vettes 01-25-2012 09:10 PM

Does it come with good institutions? I too have been thinking about something like this so i can add more boost.

TrekGTO 01-25-2012 10:50 PM

I have several people interested in the 2 free installations but no commitment yet. A deposit will reserve free installation or sale price. I just booked a new model car driving from St. Louis, MO to FL 2/10 – 2/24 He has not commented on it yet on his Forum but I will say it has a –V so yet another model covered I’m looking forward to this build that came out of the blue.
:thumbsup:

TrekGTO 01-26-2012 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaros and vettes (Post 4376484)
Does it come with good institutions? I too have been thinking about something like this so i can add more boost.

Good Instructions-- We don't need no stinking Instructions :facepalm:
My KB install for G200Pilot is posted here somewhere. The AI Super Chiller Kit adds an AC charge port for KB since blower blocks the stock one.

Instructions and pictures are included. I’m available for questions but it’s not a bag of bolts so far every one has been able to install without many questions. Mostly just to double check what they already knew.

Looking at picture above you see every thing is assembled as much as possible so only final connection is needed. My experience instructions make things seem more complicated than they really are.
;)

bumblebeecamaro 01-26-2012 01:24 PM

deposit made for free install.

TrekGTO 01-26-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro (Post 4379161)
deposit made for free install.

That’s Correct Bumblebeecamaro is getting first Free Installation at St Pete location and sale price..:cool:
Only one free installation left. :thumbup:

TrekGTO 01-31-2012 06:35 PM

Sale price still on $799 Competition $699 Street version and one FREE installation left by me in St. Pete location or N.C. by authorized installer.

bumblebeecamaro 01-31-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrekGTO (Post 4407748)
Sale price still on $799 Competition $699 Street version and one FREE installation left by me in St. Pete location or N.C. by authorized installer.

what's the difference between street and competition versions?

jasycz28 01-31-2012 09:22 PM

Whats the lead time?