Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WHO CAN GO OUT IN PUBLIC IN THEIR CAR WITHOUT CAUSING MASSIVE ATTENTION??? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40680)

"prima"Donna 09-03-2009 02:47 PM

WHO CAN GO OUT IN PUBLIC IN THEIR CAR WITHOUT CAUSING MASSIVE ATTENTION???

I just got back from a day's worth of driving and errands and EVERYWHERE I went, I got admiration and positive feedback on my Camaro AND the RJT COLOR...:wub:

I feel like a "Rock Star" wherever I go, and I still LOVE that feeling and will enjoy it as long as it lasts...it doesn't bother me a bit...I just get a bigger and bigger :D "PERMAGRIN" :D the further I drive and the more compliments I get...:headbang:

I will say it yet again, this car is a "happy pill" and I wish GM could "bottle" the joy and elation I feel every time I go anywhere in my "ROCKETSHIP"...:thumbup:

I even had the best compliment today of the entire 3 months of owning my "baby" and that was by a teenager in a very "fast and tricked out" Mustang, and he says to me, "I bet that car is FAST"...(keep in mind I have the 2LT/RS V6)...I don't even bother telling people anymore that it's not an SS if they don't ask, because most people don't "get it" when I try to explain that the RS is a V6...;)

So, I tell this kid that "Yes, this car is very fast for ME, and much faster than the last car I drove, and I bet your car is very fast too"(I try to be polite and respectful to all car enthusiasts)...he says to me, which I still cannot believe, "I think your car is waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy faster than mine"...can anyone believe this kid???...I said, yes, it's a "ROCKETSHIP" to me...:thumbup:

Have I ever mentioned to anyone on this forum that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, :wub: this car!!!!!!!............:facepalm:
(maybe once or twice...lol...)

ricku1967 09-03-2009 02:52 PM

good story lol.....I cant wait to experience that. My RJT should be in my driveway at the end of the month

Bbrock25 09-03-2009 02:58 PM

I feel the same way! I live in a pretty small community. Like 500-800 people in my town, and prolly 8k in the entire county. Anywhere I go everyone stares, asks ?s about it, you know. And driving on the road everyone turns when I go by. My dad has drove it a few times and I swear he's gonna cause a wreck, he watches everyone else looking at the car instead of the ROAD!! lol I get on to him all the time about it. Cuz when he wants to take it for a spin, I'm right there in the passenger seat!

greenrail 09-03-2009 03:02 PM

When we were in Grand Rapids, MI last Friday evening. My wife was shopping and I took the time to go park way out in the mall parking lot.

I was expecting some peace and quiet. Boy was I ever wrong. Constant stream of people coming over (mind you this was way out in the furthest part of the lot) wanting to talk about my car, "Rosie!"

While it was not what I expected, I love talking about this car.

I much like "prima" Donna, love this baby!

Camaro gal 09-03-2009 03:03 PM

same here... i was at walmart the other day and i walked out to a woman taking pictures and she starting having a spaz attack yelling omg you look like megan fox the girl off of transformers (FYI: i have brown hair in common, that is it!) and took a picture of me and my car... then talked to me for an hour :) you gotta love it though...

rmpackers 09-03-2009 03:06 PM

I have really had some great experiences lately too. I went to my grandson's flag football game Monday night, people stopped in the road to look at her, then when I was leaving a guy walked up and stuck his head in the window and asked,"Is it as fabulous as they say?" I said "Absolutely!" As I drove out of the sports park every eye was on the car, and 10 year-old boys jumped up on benches and shouted; "Look! There's the new Camaro!" Last night 2 kids on their skateboards followed me into the garage when I got home. I invited them in and let them take a look. I am sometimes over whelmed with all this, I feel that this is what's right, what's right about America, and that I'm one of the lucky few that have an American hero in my garage!:happyanim:

greenrail 09-03-2009 03:15 PM

RM - You are so right. To me this car (even though this country has enough problems) is a sign of what is right about this nation.

Truer words are never spoken.

"prima"Donna 09-03-2009 03:30 PM

:flag1:

"AMERICAN HERO"...I like that...it sure is to all of us Camaro :chevy: enthusiasts....:thumbsup:

I forgot to say that when I was at the cemetery today to "visit" my Dad and Mom, as I was leaving, a worker driving a tractor was coming towards me, and I looked in my rear-view mirror as I was driving away from him, and saw his head facing backwards, still looking at my car, and the tractor almost going off the little cemetery path...:sm0:

Last time I was at the cemetery, I was a "ROCK STAR"!!!...I posted a whole thread about that cool adventure...I felt like that again today...:headbang:

JeffreyRyansGirl 09-03-2009 05:20 PM

We rented a Yellow 2LT a few months back (I rented this car to surprise my bf but then I fell in love with it...), anyway we came out from doing some shopping and there were like 10people looking at it walking all around and taking pictures. Kind of awkward since it wasnt even really ours;) Next time this happens it will be ours though:) And it will be white. and RS. Cant wait.

djsnoflake 09-03-2009 05:22 PM

Some days I love it, other days I don't have an hour to spare to talk to the people who want to ask questions, but I always have the perma-grin!

Michael_Js 09-03-2009 05:43 PM

SO COOL! I'm waiting for my bigger grin! :)

SGOS252382 09-03-2009 05:45 PM

I don't know how long you've had you car, but last Spring it was ridiculous. People would actually jump out into the road in front of me to make me stop just so they could look at my car.
When I would come out of a store, there would be a large group of people standing around taking pictures. It was crazy.
But in my area (S.W. Florida) people are actually getting use to seeing the new Camaro's. It's still a big deal, but nothing like it was last Spring.

Mayhem Matt 09-03-2009 05:52 PM

Had a day just like that today ... rather have that feeling then getting high any day lol

orangetwk 09-03-2009 05:55 PM

Still not seeing in this area much i have only seen 3 on the road and they are always going the other way. I am at 3000 as of tuesday so i hope to c mine soon, ordered june 6.