Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Sports Lounge (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Next stop...Superbowl (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272183)

Mindz 01-20-2013 05:48 PM

Next stop...Superbowl

1 Attachment(s)
Here's hoping for a Super Harbowl. Even though Brady is from my hometown.

IrocJack 01-21-2013 07:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:thumbup:

3 SS's 01-21-2013 09:00 AM

most uninteresting Superbowl in recent history, only thing going for it is the brothers coaching....just sayin :D

dorfmac 01-21-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 SS's (Post 6063372)
most uninteresting Superbowl in recent history, only thing going for it is the brothers coaching....just sayin :D

No way! Steelers/Cards and Steelers/Seahawks easily come to mind as worse matchups. Go back a little further and you have the Bucs and Raiders - forgot that one even happened and now that I'm reminded I still don't remember any of it.

Tons of good story lines here:

Harbowl
Kaepernick taking over halfway thru the season
Flacco getting over the hump
Best MLB ever vs. the current best MLB
and of course, the best storyline of all, the opportunity for (arguably) the best player to ever play the game going out on top

Mindz 01-21-2013 12:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Uninteresting because it's different? or because both teams have a good defense. Both teams that won completely shut out two of the best QB's this season in the second half. It's going to be a chess game, and probably low scoring, although that was with Alice Smith, the manageable qb with a low ceiling, was the starter.

I'm anxious to see how John chooses to deal with Kaepernick. Either way, I'll be watching for the game, instead of just the commercials as I have in recent years.

3 SS's 01-21-2013 02:55 PM

uninteresting because nobody cares, :D

3 SS's 01-21-2013 02:58 PM

Steelers anybody has tons of people rooting for the Steelers to lose, the Raiders Bucs had Gruden against the team that just fired him.
All this has is Brothers coaching against each other..... and I guess people not wanting to see the phony murdering rat not going out a winner. :iono: ;)

dorfmac 01-21-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 SS's (Post 6064542)
Steelers anybody has tons of people rooting for the Steelers to lose, the Raiders Bucs had Gruden against the team that just fired him.
All this has is Brothers coaching against each other..... and I guess people not wanting to see the phony murdering rat not going out a winner. :iono: ;)

Yeah, I would say that the storylines I listed are all much better than the steelers having a chance to lose and Gruden switching teams.

As far as the murderer thing, here's a good retelling of the facts. Pretty obvious that if there was any reason to think Lewis did it, they would have persecuted him. It's just easier to be uninformed.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...is-controversy

blink 01-22-2013 06:55 AM

This is probably the best superbowl matchup I've seen in the past 5-10 years. Last year's superbowl was supposed to be Ravens/Niners. Glad both teams have shown they are consistent.

Not saying I like either team, I'm just saying it's a much better matchup than the previous teams. I felt like I was watching NASCAR with Jimmy Johnson keep winning the championships with some of the teams. BORING!

PoorMansCamaro 01-22-2013 07:04 AM

i guess I'll root for the afc. although the best super bowl in recent history is the giants/pats in 2007/8.
:D

3 SS's 01-22-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorfmac (Post 6065994)
Yeah, I would say that the storylines I listed are all much better than the steelers having a chance to lose and Gruden switching teams.

As far as the murderer thing, here's a good retelling of the facts. Pretty obvious that if there was any reason to think Lewis did it, they would have persecuted him. It's just easier to be uninformed.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...is-controversy

yeah...uninformed, he's a stand up guy:rolleyes:

Murder trial

Following a Super Bowl XXXIV party in Atlanta on January 31, 2000, a fight broke out between Lewis and his companions and another group of people, resulting in the stabbing deaths of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar. Lewis and two companions, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting, were questioned by Atlanta police, and 11 days later the three men were indicted on murder and aggravated-assault charges. The white suit Lewis was wearing the night of the killings has never been found. Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard alleged the blood-stained suit was dumped in a garbage bin outside a fast food restaurant.[37]

Lewis' attorneys, Don Samuel and Ed Garland, of the Atlanta law firm Garland, Samuel & Loeb, negotiated a plea agreement with Howard, where the murder charges against Lewis were dismissed in exchange for his testimony against Oakley and Sweeting,[38] and his guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice.[12] Lewis admitted he gave a misleading statement to police on the morning after the killings. Superior Court Judge Alice D. Bonner sentenced Lewis to 12 months' probation, the maximum sentence for a first-time offender,[39] and he was fined $250,000 by the NFL, which was believed to be the highest fine levied against an NFL player for an infraction not involving substance abuse.[40] Under the terms of the sentence, Lewis could not use drugs or alcohol during the duration of the probation.

Oakley and Sweeting were acquitted of the charges in June 2000 on the basis of self-defense.[41][42][not in citation given] No other suspects have ever been arrested for the crime.

The following year, Lewis was named Super Bowl XXXV MVP. However, the signature phrase "I'm going to Disney World!" was given instead to quarterback Trent Dilfer.

On April 29, 2004, Lewis reached a settlement with four-year-old India Lollar, born months after the death of her father Richard, pre-empting a scheduled civil proceeding. Lewis also reached an undisclosed settlement with Baker's family.[41]

Lewis is a Christian, and his commitment to his faith was featured in a Sports Illustrated cover story in 2006. He has six children by four women

Mindz 01-22-2013 10:19 AM

So that means you'll be rooting for the niners then. Looks like we're on the same team.

IrocJack 01-22-2013 10:22 AM

Like I said before it's all about Ray Lewis...:sm0::sm0:
He was cleared about all that crap a long time ago but since we win let's talk about that now.

GO RAVENS....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

PIPE 01-22-2013 10:34 AM

They all hate cause theyre jealous they dont have the best linebacker of modern era football on theyre team. Its also funny that HOF linebackers have even said they think Ray Lewis is the best of ALL TIME.