Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Clutch Review: Out w/ Monster in w/ the Slayer (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300547)

The 2010 Sin 06-10-2013 07:45 PM

mine was a single too. I hope people and vendors read this so they're not buying or selling a customer service nightmare.

quincy speeder 06-12-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dekan513 (Post 6645269)
monsters seem to alway have problems unless u get in the twins. but street slayer and rxt is wht u hear nothing but good things about . glad u can enjoy ur car now .

My friend bought the Monster triple (not listening to me) Never worked right and smoked itself in about 2 weeks. He then put in a McLeod.

The 2010 Sin 06-12-2013 01:56 PM

bazinga! Another monster kicked in the bell housing.

newmoon 06-13-2013 02:35 PM

I had the same issues with a Monster Stage 3. The car was a PIA to drive, no fun at all unless it was under hard throttle. First Monster wanted me to go beat the hell out of the clutch and car, which did not help, then they wanted me to un-install the clutch so they could inspect it. Between the clutch and axle issues I became so frustrated with it and the reality that I had just wasted $1,000.00 on the Monster and now was looking at another $2,000.00 for the Slayer, and another $1,500.00 for axles, I sold the car. I knew I should have bought an automatic car:noidea:

The 2010 Sin 06-13-2013 03:09 PM

should've just bought a slayer. I almost sold my car because of monster clutch too. Waste of damn money.

blufin 06-13-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newmoon (Post 6666459)
I had the same issues with a Monster Stage 3. The car was a PIA to drive, no fun at all unless it was under hard throttle. First Monster wanted me to go beat the hell out of the clutch and car, which did not help, then they wanted me to un-install the clutch so they could inspect it. Between the clutch and axle issues I became so frustrated with it and the reality that I had just wasted $1,000.00 on the Monster and now was looking at another $2,000.00 for the Slayer, and another $1,500.00 for axles, I sold the car. I knew I should have bought an automatic car:noidea:

That's a shame. It may have been a wash based on how big of a hit you took on the trade in vs the money to get the right clutch. Oh well. The past is the past.

On a different note: How do you like the 'Stang? Is it everything you hoped it would be?

newmoon 06-14-2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blufin (Post 6667925)
That's a shame. It may have been a wash based on how big of a hit you took on the trade in vs the money to get the right clutch. Oh well. The past is the past.

On a different note: How do you like the 'Stang? Is it everything you hoped it would be?

You might be right in the wash. But at the time I was so frustrated I didn't want to sink another penny into the car. I bought the 5.0 used for a very nice price. Had the car for only 2-months. While it was a fun car the MT82 transmission was garbage and it was going to take voiding the warranty to correct the issues. I could see the transmission and clutch issues starting all over again. In comparing the SS to the 5.0 I liked the SS much better.

My next car will be an automatic, maybe a SS, Zl1, or another 392 Challenger. For the way I like to drive and race the 6-speed just isn't for me.

H-E 06-14-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newmoon (Post 6668933)
You might be right in the wash. But at the time I was so frustrated I didn't want to sink another penny into the car. I bought the 5.0 used for a very nice price. Had the car for only 2-months. While it was a fun car the MT82 transmission was garbage and it was going to take voiding the warranty to correct the issues. I could see the transmission and clutch issues starting all over again. In comparing the SS to the 5.0 I liked the SS much better.

My next car will be an automatic, maybe a SS, Zl1, or another 392 Challenger. For the way I like to drive and race the 6-speed just isn't for me.

Man I wish we could have helped you. On a side note that dodge ran 12.40s stock dang killer time with that low of a mph I like those cars but was waiting on the convertible

The 2010 Sin 06-14-2013 08:40 AM

Really sorry to hear monster clutch made you want to sell your car it was so bad. That's completely unacceptable in my opinion. Thought about suing but there is no buyer protection from this type of situation. There should be because its RIDICULOUS. And were just a few people that have spoken out.

newmoon 06-14-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H-E (Post 6669181)
Man I wish we could have helped you. On a side note that dodge ran 12.40s stock dang killer time with that low of a mph I like those cars but was waiting on the convertible

Out of the 3 cars the 392 was clearly my favorite. The car was really quick. I am pretty sure it is capable of stock 12:20s as a few others have done. My quickest runs were with TC on which gave me high 1:80-1:90 60' times, with it off the best I could do is 2:05. It took me awhile to figure out that I wasn't faster than the computer :). Had I been able to launch it properly with out computer nannies who knows what it would have run.

The 2010 Sin 06-14-2013 07:42 PM

Oh well.. maybe a ZL1 someday!?!?! :-)

H-E 06-14-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newmoon (Post 6669278)
Out of the 3 cars the 392 was clearly my favorite. The car was really quick. I am pretty sure it is capable of stock 12:20s as a few others have done. My quickest runs were with TC on which gave me high 1:80-1:90 60' times, with it off the best I could do is 2:05. It took me awhile to figure out that I wasn't faster than the computer :). Had I been able to launch it properly with out computer nannies who knows what it would have run.

That's really impresive

jamesr 06-14-2013 10:36 PM

Ordered a billet twin carbon today,Thomas was very helpful answered all my ? will let you all know how install and driving is ,cant wait to get the monster out!

H-E 06-15-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesr (Post 6672337)
Ordered a billet twin carbon today,Thomas was very helpful answered all my ? will let you all know how install and driving is ,cant wait to get the monster out!

Thanks for the order!!! Looking forward to your review