Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Local dealer states hold on camaro's? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59443)

kammrk 01-05-2010 09:08 PM

Local dealer states hold on camaro's?

I just wanted to see the sticker price on one SS this dealer had on the lot, of course a salesman was all over me , in short I advised him I am waiting on a order & hope to take delivery soon, he then postured kind of cocky and told me good luck as the camaro's are being restricted and they will be slowed in production, I took it with a grain of salt & went on my way, I have faith in the dealer I placed the order with and must calm down, tell me is this guy just a clown or could there be any truth in what he is saying. Oh and the one V/R SS-RS with auto I tried to look at they wanted 42K,Thanks.

Captain Awesome 01-05-2010 09:17 PM

He's an idiot. The "hold" is the holiday break and it ends within a week.

Big deal.

PAUL SS 01-05-2010 09:19 PM

Powerplay=Fail

CamaroScotty 01-05-2010 09:20 PM

ouch. No holds....just a Year end break.

coolman 01-05-2010 09:21 PM

Maybe their on hold to his dealership.LOL

Frank in MD 01-05-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 1352250)
ouch. No holds....just a Year end break.

:word:

The_Blur 01-05-2010 09:29 PM

Your dealer is an idiot. It is obvious that your dealer needs to relearn the English language. This is a common problem in the realm of car sales, especially with the rampant hazing that goes on these days. At many dealers, there are competitions where the highest selling dealers smack the lowest selling dealers with baseball bats, hockey sticks, brooms, and other bludgeons for each product they ordered or delivered.

Some dealers don't have this problem because they consistently get sales. Others get dumber as they get repeatedly smacked by those dealers each month.

solo40oz 01-05-2010 09:32 PM

Last summer a sales guy gave me the whole BS story about how this is a limited production car and they're only making a few thousand. I told him there would be 60k produced by the end of the year......boy was I wrong.....there were 82k produced!!! :)

Orange5thGen 01-05-2010 09:33 PM

:idiot:

chevydude26 01-05-2010 10:00 PM

its a sales tactic...sales people are taught to stretch the truth

songsj 01-05-2010 11:33 PM

We are probably in the final stages of dealers trying to rape buyers on these Camaro prices. Soon supply will be greater than demand, discounts will apply and there will be some deals to be had. They already are starting to sit on lots in the upper midwest.
Some dealers have 10 or more just sitting there.

And you may want to go back and give him a roll of toilet paper. Tell him it's to wipe his mouth every time he talks shit!!!

Frank in MD 01-06-2010 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by songsj (Post 1352776)
We are probably in the final stages of dealers trying to rape buyers on these Camaro prices. Soon supply will be greater than demand, discounts will apply and there will be some deals to be had. They already are starting to sit on lots in the upper midwest.
Some dealers have 10 or more just sitting there.

And you may want to go back and give him a roll of toilet paper. Tell him it's to wipe his mouth every time he talks shit!!!

LOL. Discounts already apply! Are you reading the boards?

TwoEcho 01-06-2010 07:25 AM

"You'll have to wait forever to get one made for you. There's such a demand and restricted production doesn't help. They are very hard to get. Look, here's the stack of people waiting for their orders to be filled. That's why you would be better off buying one of these on the lot. You could drive it home today as opposed to waiting 8 months. I know we don't have the color you are looking for, but once you drive it, color and options wont matter as much trust me."

These are just a few of the BS, salesman tactics one local dealer tried with me. Then he made the mistake of telling me that another local dealer had the car in the exact configuration and color I was looking for, and that he could "work a deal" to trade one of theirs with said other dealer, but that he would have to charge more (he already wanted 8k over sticker). I left his place, drove to the other dealership, got my car and saved myself 10k and didn't have to wait...

FLYNNZL1 01-06-2010 07:51 AM

20 Camaros at one of the Dealer here in Tucson :)