Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   PFadt Tri-Y headers (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347010)

ZL1 Brian 03-12-2014 12:44 PM

PFadt Tri-Y headers

I couldn't find a thread on this so I don't know if it's been broadcast or not. Apparently Pfadt has gone out of business. I was going to order a package from Jannetty and they told me the bad news. So my question now is what headers do I go with? I am so bummed that I almost don't even feel like going through with my build. Any suggestions?

Stephen12ZL1 03-12-2014 12:49 PM

American Racing, Kooks, or Stainless Works/Power are good choices. Yes, Pfadt went out of business recently.

JDP Sales 03-12-2014 12:52 PM

It is a bummer Pfadt has closed their doors, but there are still plenty of top tier headers available that fit great and make excellent power. The only disadvantage is that you may have to trim your belly pan (if equipped) for clearance.

My recommendation would be to go with a set of KOOKS 1-7/8" headers. We use them in over 90% of our shop builds as the quality and workmanship is very high and the price is affordable, not to mention they are backed with a lifetime warranty by a company who has been around for over 50 years.

We also use KOOKS headers in our ZL-Performance packages. Please feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with question and I will be happy to help.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

BPG 03-12-2014 01:03 PM

Kooks here and I couldn't be happier.

Blackdevil77 03-12-2014 01:05 PM

I can't speak for this car specifically, but ARH makes fantastic stuff. I had there headers on my G8 GT and the fit and quality was absolutely perfect. I can't say one bad thing about them. And they have the power gains to match. Bottom line, you can't go wrong with ARH or Kooks

ZL1 Brian 03-12-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDP Tyler (Post 7489074)
It is a bummer Pfadt has closed their doors, but there are still plenty of top tier headers available that fit great and make excellent power. The only disadvantage is that you may have to trim your belly pan (if equipped) for clearance.

My recommendation would be to go with a set of KOOKS 1-7/8" headers. We use them in over 90% of our shop builds as the quality and workmanship is very high and the price is affordable, not to mention they are backed with a lifetime warranty by a company who has been around for over 50 years.

We also use KOOKS headers in our ZL-Performance packages. Please feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with question and I will be happy to help.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

How is the power band, sound interior/ exterior , and drone?

ZL1 Brian 03-12-2014 01:10 PM

Does anyone know anything about Dyna Tech headers?

Fast92RS 03-12-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZL1 Brian (Post 7489124)

I have them on my truck good quality headers but the cats I got with them are not great. The welding on them could have been better because after a while the heat shields loosened and starting rattling. It was getting real annoying until I used large worm claps to stop the rattling.

Deke736 03-12-2014 01:37 PM

I just installed a set of Stainless Power headers from Stainless Works (only difference is where the flanges are welded on) on my ZL1 and they are great. Install was pretty straight-forward and the sound is amazing! No drone at all. And you won't be disappointed in the price!

CAM....ZL1 03-12-2014 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZL1 Brian (Post 7489124)

I have them also at thr recommendation of Ted @ JRE.
They sound bada** I am very pleased with them, no drone at cruise
but when you put the hammer down WOW.
Just ask Ted what he recommends and I bet he tells you Dynatech.
Also have the HF cats. the fit and finish is 2nd to none

Lethal Z 03-12-2014 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZL1 Brian (Post 7489055)
I couldn't find a thread on this so I don't know if it's been broadcast or not. Apparently Pfadt has gone out of business. I was going to order a package from Jannetty and they told me the bad news. So my question now is what headers do I go with? I am so bummed that I almost don't even feel like going through with my build. Any suggestions?

I was in your boat a few weeks ago. I ordered a set of Kooks Headers from Tyler @ JDP. Give him a call to discuss.

JDP Sales 03-12-2014 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZL1 Brian (Post 7489120)
How is the power band, sound interior/ exterior , and drone?

The power band is great; very linear and climbs until just about the very end. As for the sound, you will not find much sound variation between different headers as far as sound goes. They pretty much all sound about the same. Sound is dictated more by your catback than the headers, but headers will definitely increase any sound you currently have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lethal Z (Post 7489344)
I was in your boat a few weeks ago. I ordered a set of Kooks Headers from Tyler @ JDP. Give him a call to discuss.

Thanks for the support! I just received word the coating is done, so we'll be picking them up shortly, boxing them back up and shipping them out hopefully this afternoon! :thumb:

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

EvilZL1 03-12-2014 08:38 PM

I did not know they went out of business.I was looking forward to ordering the headers in a few weeks. thats a bumme, i have to find some replacements

Kmax 03-12-2014 09:23 PM

Do all these headers require trimming the belly pan?