Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   How do you guys handle the attention? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336705)

Dtowndog420 01-11-2014 10:27 AM

How do you guys handle the attention?

I finally saw the 1LE in person. It was Red Hot and all I can say this thing is just insane. It just blew me away. Seeing it in photos, it's looks great but I wasn't expecting to be blown out of my socks like I was. I'm not ordering until August because I'm saving up for a down payment. Having seen it in person and being blown away by it, it has me thinking about the attention it will get. Being 37 years old, married with kids, attention isn't something I seek nor want. I just want a bad ass 2 dr car. When I bought the G8 it was almost unbearable so there were times I took my wife's car out instead. Is this something you guys have had to deal with or is it just me?

John E 01-11-2014 10:42 AM

Its just you. IMO. Assuming your not in sales.

cornerspeed92 01-11-2014 11:06 AM

I too am not seeking attention,guess i should im single.I dont look at people when i drive,cause quite frankly i dont like people :),but whenever im getting gas,or at the track, i always have someone say something. At Willow springs last month i had a guy with a supercharged Mustang ask if he could talk to me about my car.Long story short, he is ordering a 1LE,and selling his Mustang.I must admit this car is pretty **cking cool
:thumbsup: make sure you continue to save your money,and order this car,you wont be disappointed.

SimpleGreen 01-11-2014 11:07 AM

Mine gets a bit of attention. A lot of kids and often a random passerby wanting to talk about it. It's not uncommon. I like when people ask about it though and am happy to stop and chat for a minute.

Novie LE 01-11-2014 11:12 AM

I usually get is that one of this supercharges ones....Lol I go no...then they ask me if I'm sure Lol.

beany323 01-11-2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimpleGreen (Post 7327890)
Mine gets a bit of attention. A lot of kids and often a random passerby wanting to talk about it. It's not uncommon. I like when people ask about it though and am happy to stop and chat for a minute.

same here. I had dad stop and ask why the camaro he was getting didnt look like mine. lol.. i explained the differences and hes like, hmmmm,.. maybe i should change the order before it gets to far. i told him it only came in stick..

he was well, she cant drive stick. :evil: lol...

cornerspeed92 01-11-2014 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beany323 (Post 7327919)
same here. I had dad stop and ask why the camaro he was getting didnt look like mine. lol.. i explained the differences and hes like, hmmmm,.. maybe i should change the order before it gets to far. i told him it only came in stick..

he was well, she cant drive stick. :evil: lol...

Hey beany,i see you're a SoCal guy,a bunch of us 1LE guy's are running Fontana in May,wanna join us?

CamaroDreams76 01-11-2014 11:43 AM

I get compliments all the time. I love seeing the heads turn. Not many people talk to me about it, just give a compliment or two. Really doesn't bother me.

el ess A 01-11-2014 11:54 AM

If you're ordering in August, it'll be a 2014 leftover or a 2015 (provided they still offer the 1LE).

Camaro Dude 01-11-2014 01:11 PM

How to handle the attention?

You can tint the windows to the max your local laws allow, and cower as you drive.... OR you could do like I do, and drive with no tint at all, like being naked really, lol.

It's the nature of the beast, it's an extroverted one, you have to live with it I fear.

Q'smuscle 01-11-2014 01:25 PM

Rare and bad A## looking on the road = Attention Grabber ! I still haven't seen one on the road but I have seen a ZL1 on the road.

RyanR3KC 01-11-2014 01:36 PM

I'd say embrace it friend. Life is more fun meeting new people.

Stock Boy 01-11-2014 03:05 PM

I don't get any attention in mine. When I find myself next to a possibly attractive woman at a stoplight (who can tell, really, with it being dark out so early) I'll lay on my horn for 10-15 seconds at a time. I also will floor the accelerator while in neutral so she (hopefully it's a "she") will hear my powerful internal combustion aphrodisiac and look over. If she's lucky and deserving of it, I'll do both at the same time. How do I do this if it's on an incline? Hill assist, my friend.

Schluney 01-11-2014 04:57 PM

You could always get black or AGM they aren't quite as in your face as red/yellow... That being said they are still pretty flashy