Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Hennessey vs Lingenfelter SC Packages (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34466)

Mod4SS 07-27-2009 07:48 PM

Hennessey vs Lingenfelter SC Packages

Does anyone have any feedback (good or bad) on performance upgrade parts they have bought from either Hennessey or Lingenfelter? I was surprised to see a HUGE price difference (approx. $4k) between the HPE550 package and Lingenfelter's version.

usmcjlp 07-27-2009 08:13 PM

I can only say buyer beware. Do your background research before spending your hard earned money. Lingenfelter is well known in the Corvette community. Their reputation is impeccable. I won't throw dirt. Do a simple google search for past lawsuits and it is really eye opening. Let the facts speak for themselves.

GTAHVIT 07-27-2009 08:23 PM

I think the biggest factor for me is the dollar ammount.

I'm only interested in the power numbers. Not hoods or body kits, or special wheels. I just want the HP. So with that I'm leaning towards Lingenfelter.

usmcjlp 07-27-2009 08:29 PM

I agree with GTAHVIT. Lingenfelter is all about performance. You do not see unnecessary components in their builds that detract from performance.

Speed74SS 07-27-2009 08:39 PM

Lingenfelter has been a great company for me so far. They endure my emails and calls almost every other day. I should hopefully have my car back from them this weekend to let you know how it is. The reputation was the big deciding factor for me. Hennessey seems like a decent company also but I have always associated them with Dodge and Lingenfelter with Chevy, even though I am sure they work on different cars.

03ss 07-27-2009 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcjlp (Post 728961)
I can only say buyer beware. Do your background research before spending your hard earned money. Lingenfelter is well known in the Corvette community. Their reputation is impeccable. I won't throw dirt. Do a simple google search for past lawsuits and it is really eye opening. Let the facts speak for themselves.

I agree Lingenfelter is popular in the Corvette Community. Money is one thing because if it isnt done right the first time it will end up costing you more money in the long run.

Hennessey Performance 07-27-2009 08:51 PM

We have built and delivered over 15 supercharged Camaros in the last 6 weeks. We would be more than glad to give references to anyone interested in our packages. One of the last HPE550 Camaro's we built ran 11.9 in the 1/4 mile on street tires.

LPE builds a great product and you wont go wrong with them either.

ToddSS 07-27-2009 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcjlp (Post 728961)

Google "Viper Tuner" :popcorn:

GTAHVIT 07-27-2009 09:03 PM

Everyone gets a clean slate here. I'm not saying your shouldn't do your research. But we won't bash any vendors on this forum.

And No, we don't have any sponsors so I'm not defending anyone for any alterior motive.

Back on topic,

Pros and Cons for each package.

jbrown 07-27-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moderator4SS (Post 728867)
Does anyone have any feedback (good or bad) on performance upgrade parts they have bought from either Hennessey or Lingenfelter? I was surprised to see a HUGE price difference (approx. $4k) between the HPE550 package and Lingenfelter's version.

Give me a couple weeks and I'll share my opinion on the Lingenfelter supercharger. I was impressed with the package and with the folks from LPE that I've been dealing with.

Mod4SS 07-27-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed74SS (Post 729070)
Lingenfelter has been a great company for me so far. They endure my emails and calls almost every other day. I should hopefully have my car back from them this weekend to let you know how it is...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrown (Post 729284)
Give me a couple weeks and I'll share my opinion on the Lingenfelter supercharger...

Yes, PLEASE share both of your experiences!

Also, if there is anyone who has purchased one of the HPE packages, would love to hear your comments too.

I'm going to be buying one or the other, so the more information I have before making my decision, the better!

Mod4SS 07-27-2009 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hennessey Performance (Post 729135)
We have built and delivered over 15 supercharged Camaros in the last 6 weeks. We would be more than glad to give references to anyone interested in our packages. One of the last HPE550 Camaro's we built ran 11.9 in the 1/4 mile on street tires...

Can you provide some reasons as to why the HPE550 package with installation is being priced so much higher than the comparable LPE package?

Dans ls1 07-27-2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddSS (Post 729161)
Google "Viper Tuner" :popcorn:

Wow is all I can say after I googled Viper Tuner...

hot ss 07-27-2009 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moderator4SS (Post 729488)
Can you provide some reasons as to why the HPE550 package with installation is being priced so much higher than the comparable LPE package?

to cover all the bandwidth costs due to posting rebuttals to your posts. lol.

do you see LPE posting on forums all the time, except for their own?
:sm0: