Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Camaro Disciple looking for input (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204223)

Janet 02-20-2012 12:59 PM

Camaro Disciple looking for input

The Camaro Disciples will be meeting in a few weeks & I would like your input.

I do NOT want any OLD complaints. The Camaro Team are well aware of problems & take your complaints very seriously.

I am looking for your wishes, dreams and any changes you would like. Remember that most changes come with trade offs, $ cost or weight. What would you like me to present to the Camaro Team?

Janet

ShnOmac 02-20-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet (Post 4513016)

I do NOT want any OLD complaints. The Camaro Team are well aware of problems & take your complaints very seriously.

I am looking for your wishes, dreams and any changes you would like. Remember that most changes come with trade offs, $ cost or weight. What would you like me to present to the Camaro Team?

Janet

Z/28

;)

blazzin1 02-20-2012 01:03 PM

A street-legal version of the COPO!!! That's what I would like to see! The original COPO's were street-legal, why not this one? Who the heck can afford to buy a track only car?!?!?

90503 02-20-2012 01:04 PM

An aftermarket supercharger that doesn't void the warranty...

jesserayjames 02-20-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazzin1 (Post 4513033)
A street-legal version of the COPO!!! That's what I would like to see! The original COPO's were street-legal, why not this one? Who the heck can afford to buy a track only car?!?!?

X's Two.............................................. :thumbsup:

Also, they should adapt the look of MPD1 rear exhaust panel, really makes the car look like it should.......... JMHO............. JRJ :thumbsup:

90503 02-20-2012 01:09 PM

Old school cragar wheels...

Rangore 02-20-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet (Post 4513016)

Janet

Is this an ask of how to improve the Camaro for future production?

ctk1 02-20-2012 01:10 PM

More affordably priced wheel options. 5K for the 21"s is a bit much.

TheHorse13 02-20-2012 01:12 PM

1) Get rid of that horrible mail slot on the SS model.
2) Make badging improvements. The current ones are horrible. Look at the gen 1 Camaros for design cues.

Fightinfire921 02-20-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShnOmac (Post 4513030)
Z/28

;)

:word:
:whatz28:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHorse13 (Post 4513077)
Get rid of that horrible mail slot on the SS model.

:word:

Wakemaker89 02-20-2012 01:17 PM

Old style gills behind the front wheels like on 60's vettes!

Russell James 02-20-2012 01:18 PM

Sun visors that block the sun, front and full length side. Should slide out and extend full length of the side window. Just like an Equinox or C/K.

Harmon Kardon or similar top quality sound system.

V8 auto trans with no AFM.

Keep the retro theme going, make it even more like a '69 Z28.... hideaway headlights, hounds tooth,

A little smaller, a little lighter.... but a hair more side window height, less roof chop. This will make using an ATM possible, and still look like a '69 Z.

Factory tint on the rear windows.

A couple real sweet blues like IBM and ABM.

Fascia suppliers that can match the front fascia to body color perfectly or have the plant paint the whole car. 2 cars in row for me, front fascias not even close to matching the body color. Yes, an old issue, but unless addressed will be a new issue.

Dirt nib free paint.

fourmz 02-20-2012 01:19 PM

Mail slot delete for SS.hash mark stripe option.

Darth_Emma 02-20-2012 01:21 PM

The SS Camaros should come with a "sport suspension" option that includes solid subframe bushings, a lower stance (drop springs), beefier sway bars, and stronger trailing arms.

It should be possible to turn off AFM on the automatic cars and skip shift on the manual cars.

Nav system option.