Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Can people actually ride in the back seats? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307685)

Mister Will 07-17-2013 10:05 AM

Can people actually ride in the back seats?

Now that I have a family with an 18 month old toddler. My current two seater Corvette may not work so well with the family in mind.

However, while there are back seats in the camaro, there doesn't appear to be a lot of room there. Can you put a car seat, kids, or even an adult in the back seats? I did a search, but the only applicable thread was from 2009.

Any insight people?

angie7 07-17-2013 10:08 AM

I have 7 year old twins that ride in the back with booster seats. They fit fine unless my boyfriend is with us b/c hes 6'4 so the one behind him has to sit criss cross. Its not a daily driver tho so that helps. Ive had an adult in the back and she never complained about being cramped.

upflying 07-17-2013 10:09 AM

From what I read, rear facing car seats is a tight fit with the front passenger seat slid forward.
Forward facing car seats fit fine. Adults in the back seat depends on their size, age, traveling distance and ability to withstand discomfort.

justa25thTA 07-17-2013 10:12 AM

how tall are you? I am 6'2 with long legs and nobody wants to try to sit behind me. We have had 4 adults in the car before, but not for long stretches and not the most comfortable. You can fit a car sit, I have one in mine now, but the kids tend to put their feet against the back of the front seats, driving me crazy.

Denis 07-17-2013 10:12 AM

I have had 4 adults in it....it's not fun. But it works.

blk13SS 07-17-2013 10:13 AM

I sat in the back of mine to test out the back seats one day... that was the last day I will ever sit in the back seat of my SS...

blk13SS 07-17-2013 10:15 AM

...I'm 5'10ish" and my head was hitting the roof

JR 1 07-17-2013 10:21 AM

It depends how tall you are. My wife and I are both 5'8" and people our size or smaller can ride fairly comfortably behind us. I have ridden in the back of a Camaro on a short trip and I didn't think it was too bad.

Wizard1183 07-17-2013 10:23 AM

A rear facing car seat in the camaro and whoever is sitting in front of it better me no taller than 3 ft. Its almost impossible if not impossible to have a rear face car seat and 2 adults up front. Forward facing no problem. Adults in the back seat? Sure! As long as they dont have legs. lol

MikeSVX 07-17-2013 10:29 AM

I wouldn't recommend putting anyone taller the 5'5" in the rear. They will smack their head on every bump. FWD facing seets work fine on passenger seat. Driverside is a little harder to get them in and out, but doable.

Mister Will 07-17-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justa25thTA (Post 6788021)
how tall are you? I am 6'2 with long legs and nobody wants to try to sit behind me. We have had 4 adults in the car before, but not for long stretches and not the most comfortable. You can fit a car sit, I have one in mine now, but the kids tend to put their feet against the back of the front seats, driving me crazy.

Close enough to 6' to call it. Typically peole don't ride behind me in the back seat. My legs are not all that long. I can adjust for short trips. For more spirited driving with the seat moved back, I wouldn't have anyone in the back seat anyway.

SSGUNNER 07-17-2013 10:44 AM

Why does everyone think the back seat is too small. Car seats fit just fine. Put my niece there with no problem. Even a 300 lbs fits just fine back there. The problem is on long trips.

2Carats 07-17-2013 10:45 AM

A car seat and kids will fit in the back seat. Even adults can as well, although they may not be comfortable back there.

My 7 & 8 year olds were fine in the back seats. My teenager who is about 5' 3" was okay as well. I tried to sit in the back seat and I determined it was not for me.

Mind controlled by Cerebro

SSGUNNER 07-17-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upflying (Post 6788004)
From what I read, rear facing car seats is a tight fit with the front passenger seat slid forward.
Forward facing car seats fit fine. Adults in the back seat depends on their size, age, traveling distance and ability to withstand discomfort.

Yep.