Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   G6x3 stage? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194988)

Rage 01-11-2012 01:14 PM

G6x3 stage?

I keep hearing everyone regarding cams in stages...... Would the G6x3 be a stage 2 or 3? Sorry, bored at work. Lol:thumbsup:

Bad70supreme 01-11-2012 02:57 PM

The word stage in cams should be burned! Its a way of dumbing things down for people that dont understand cams. That cam would be simular to what they would sell as a stage 3 though, its a pretty big cam and has a ruff idle and comes on very strong in the high rpm side of the power band. They have made killer power and would work awesome with some 4.10 gears. So called stage 1 cam would have a smooth idle, very good street manners with good low end and mid range torque with a nice boost in power. Deciding on a cam depends on what you do with the car.

Rage 01-11-2012 02:58 PM

Thats what I thought, just needed some confirmation...lol

fldrummer 01-11-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad70supreme (Post 4298302)
The word stage in cams should be burned! Its a way of dumbing things down for people that dont understand cams. That cam would be simular to what they would sell as a stage 3 though, its a pretty big cam and has a ruff idle and comes on very strong in the high rpm side of the power band. They have made killer power and would work awesome with some 4.10 gears. So called stage 1 cam would have a smooth idle, very good street manners with good low end and mid range torque with a nice boost in power. Deciding on a cam depends on what you do with the car.

:thumbsup: What he said... Get some gears already, Nick. You'll LOOOOVE the improvement in acceleration from a dead stop (might not help with spinning your tires at the track with street tires though, LOL).

Ivan @ Southwest Speed 01-11-2012 08:24 PM

Stage....LOL

Never noticed the term until that Fast and the Furious movie came out. Then EVERYBODY from Mustang guys to Pro 5.0 Guys started talking "stages."

The LG G6X3 is a serious cam and has proven to make some of the highest RWHP on an LS3.

Those are the undisputed facts and I can say that. There are a handful of known good configurations with other cams that produce that power.

Hope this helps you. If you actually are looking for a great deal on one....then I could prolly be of better help than just giving you an opinion.

Good Luck!
Ivan

MikeOD 01-11-2012 09:49 PM

The only thing that should be referred to in stages...is nitrous. Where you have say a 150 shot as your first stage, then at a higher rpm you have a second shot...maybe 75 or 100...whatever amount, as your second stage.

SUX2BU 01-11-2012 11:02 PM

I too, hate the whole "stage" crap.

14pilot 01-11-2012 11:35 PM

Stage = Lame ass marketing term coined from lame movie dialogue.

ss/rs-matt 01-11-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed (Post 4300728)
Stage....LOL

Never noticed the term until that Fast and the Furious movie came out. Then EVERYBODY from Mustang guys to Pro 5.0 Guys started talking "stages."

The LG G6X3 is a serious cam and has proven to make some of the highest RWHP on an LS3.

Those are the undisputed facts and I can say that. There are a handful of known good configurations with other cams that produce that power.

Hope this helps you. If you actually are looking for a great deal on one....then I could prolly be of better help than just giving you an opinion.

Good Luck!
Ivan

Wait, are you saying the fast and the furious wasn't real?? I based my whole life on that movie! haha!

briancb1 01-12-2012 04:08 AM

Blame Mopar, they started that "stages" game with their Hemi heads way back in the day.

Buick had a "stage 1" GS 455 (Bad ass!) but thats where it stopped for GM from what I can remember.

1977and2010 01-12-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ss/rs-matt (Post 4302324)
Wait, are you saying the fast and the furious wasn't real?? I based my whole life on that movie! haha!

So you live your life a quarter me at a time, Lol?

ss/rs-matt 01-12-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1977and2010 (Post 4303040)
So you live your life a quarter me at a time, Lol?

Haha yes!

fldrummer 01-12-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed (Post 4300728)
Stage....LOL

Good Luck!
Ivan

FYI, the O.P. already has the cam in question (see sig.). ;)