Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ordered my first Camaro (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55632)

00kar 12-08-2009 10:23 AM

Ordered my first Camaro

Ordered my first Camaro after a long time breaking my head on deciding whether a used beamer or an infiniti would suit me. :mad0259:

Made my mind up the minute I looked at one in person... (ohh she's a beauty :drool: )

Order details :
Order # NQMKPO
Model : 2010 Camaro 2LT
Color : CGM
Transmission : 6MT
Options : RS package, Hockey stripes (black) (still debating on which stripe would suit the car better)

Need biased opinions on which stripe package would suit her....

PS : This is the first forum that I have joined as I realized that I seem to spend more than half my day reading all your posts (really good details posted.... you guys rock :headbang:)

So I feel all your experience would help me with my "long" wait now....

2010 SSRS 12-08-2009 10:29 AM

Congrats.

AZCamaroFan 12-08-2009 10:35 AM

Congratulations. Sounds like a great combinations you pikced. So you're going with black stripes for sure?

CloudXTC 12-08-2009 10:40 AM

nice nice... now... when are you buying the other ones?

calflan 12-08-2009 10:41 AM

Congratulations and welcome !
I've seen a few CGM with white - looks pretty good.
Also suggest checking a dark blue hockey stripe.
You're going to love the car !

hdhomer 12-08-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00kar (Post 1260846)
Ordered my first Camaro after a long time breaking my head on deciding whether a used beamer or an infiniti would suit me. :mad0259:

Made my mind up the minute I looked at one in person... (ohh she's a beauty :drool: )

Order details :
Order # NQMKPO
Model : 2010 Camaro 2LT
Color : CGM
Transmission : 6MT
Options : RS package, Hockey stripes (black) (still debating on which stripe would suit the car better)

Need biased opinions on which stripe package would suit her....

PS : This is the first forum that I have joined as I realized that I seem to spend more than half my day reading all your posts (really good details posted.... you guys rock :headbang:)

So I feel all your experience would help me with my "long" wait now....

IMO, the factory Hockey stripe kit has 3 problems. The hood stripe looks like a big blob. It needs to have a pinstripe. The other issue I have is the shape of the "Hockey" end does not extend low enough past the marker light. Finally, the visible break at the bumper is too wide on most of the ones I have seen. But that's just me. It's your car, get what you like.

hdhomer 12-08-2009 10:53 AM

I forgot to mention. I love your car.
I'm ordering a 2LT, M6, "Summit White" in the spring.

00kar 12-08-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azfan (Post 1260896)
Congratulations. Sounds like a great combinations you pikced. So you're going with black stripes for sure?

Well... I decided on the black as it would have a "meaner" look and maybe not attract unwanted attention.... ;)

00kar 12-08-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdhomer (Post 1260954)
IMO, the factory Hockey stripe kit has 3 problems. The hood stripe looks like a big blob. It needs to have a pinstripe. The other issue I have is the shape of the "Hockey" end does not extend low enough past the marker light. Finally, the visible break at the bumper is too wide on most of the ones I have seen. But that's just me. It's your car, get what you like.

That is why I am planning not add the stripes on the hood.... (just get the stripe on the side...)
But would like to know if it is feasible to get the stripes painted...

shad2009 12-08-2009 11:44 AM

congratulations...i'll be ordering an IBM march 31st...find something to do for the longest 6weeks+ of your life, it's gonna be nerve-wrecking lol

shad2009 12-08-2009 11:45 AM

oh, and welcome to the fam :thumbsup:

00kar 12-08-2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloudXTC (Post 1260913)
nice nice... now... when are you buying the other ones?

Hahaha... Nice one...
opted for the camaro as it gives me all requirements (style, power, the "WOW" effect,... and most of all it will customized to my liking...)

PAUL SS 12-08-2009 12:21 PM

I've seen a CGM with white stripes, looks really great. You have to get what you like, and you will like it! Congrats and welcome to the forum.

AZCamaroFan 12-08-2009 12:42 PM

Personally i like the hockey stripes better than the rally stripes. A lot more subtle. I've seen CGM with silver stripes, which really looked good. But i think i also saw a CGM with black rally stripes, and it did look nice as well.