Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I finally Painted my 18" heritage wheels on the LS. ....not bad! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164227)

allenthomasb 08-10-2011 12:57 AM

I finally Painted my 18" heritage wheels on the LS. ....not bad!

1 Attachment(s)
There she is.... :D Im thinking of more ways to amplify the red/red/black theme... do you guys have some suggestions? I thought about red wipers but everyone i asked laughed at me with the idea. WATCHA THINK GUYS?!?!?!?!

Attachment 274108

camaroitalia 08-10-2011 01:04 AM

thats looks cool. did u sand the rings? or just primer, paint? i did red wipers on my 05 mustang, i liked them. thats up to you, i think it would be cool

Lil' Nasty 08-10-2011 01:05 AM

Wheels look good:thumbup: IMO I wouldn't mess with the wiper blades

Bonanza7 08-10-2011 01:07 AM

Nice. I did mine the same way, but yellow. I used Krylon Sunshine Yellow. Almost perfect match. Get lots of compliments, and some want to know where I got the wheels. Don't go overboard. I painted the back of the trunk where the bowtie is, matt black, and put blue led lights in the dome light. Red is available, but I think the blue makes a nice contrast. Also put blue led's under the hood for the car shows. (same ones as I used in the dome light. Simple to wire up) hve fun. You might try some of the gill slit vinyl stickers. makes them stand out, and they are cheap..Like $15 bucks or so. I also painted the calipers red. No need to even remove the wheels, did it throught the openings.

allenthomasb 08-10-2011 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaroitalia (Post 3594994)
thats looks cool. did u sand the rings? or just primer, paint? i did red wipers on my 05 mustang, i liked them. thats up to you, i think it would be cool

The dealership did it for me for 50 a pop. I DONT KNOW HOW THEY DID IT.

allenthomasb 08-10-2011 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonanza7 (Post 3595000)
Nice. I did mine the same way, but yellow. Get lots of compliments, and some want to know where I got the wheels. Don't go overboard. I painted the back of the trunk where the bowtie is, matt black, and put blue led lights in the dome light. Red is available, but I think the blue makes a nice contrast. Also put blue led's under the hood for the car shows. (same ones as I used in the dome light. Simple to wire up) hve fun. You might try some of the gill slit vinyl stickers. makes them stand out, and they are cheap..Like $15 bucks or so.

HAHAHA! nice!!! Dude, you're gonna have to show me pictures of that!

Bonanza7 08-10-2011 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allenthomasb (Post 3595004)
HAHAHA! nice!!! Dude, you're gonna have to show me pictures of that!

Unfortunately, I have never been able to figure out how to post a picture to this site. Tried to post a picture of the sunroof but couldn't make it work.

Nightfall 08-10-2011 01:22 AM

Nice save on them rims. When i was looking into the camaro first one i looked at was a black LS. If it was all i could pay for i would have gotten it. But the rims are hillbilly inbred UGLY. :yikes: look like spare rim donuts IMO i hate them with a passion. So that looks 100% better

*edit* IF i had gotten the LS i would have payed my dealer extra to put the 16 inch steel rims LOSE the donut LS black rims. Though black rims on a black camaro is HOT just not the styleing. If i could i love to get the 21 inch black rims

BaldCamaroStud 08-10-2011 01:23 AM

Black stripes possibly? Maybe somehow paint the silver bowties in the middle red? Go with either red or black bowties on the front and back? Swap out the silver camaro lettering with black...

Taintedveins 08-10-2011 01:24 AM

Okay this is like the 20th ls i have seen with gloss tires..
Mine are matte! and glossing them doesn't do anything...

Bonanza7 08-10-2011 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taintedveins (Post 3595028)
Okay this is like the 20th ls i have seen with gloss wheels..
Mine are matte! and glossing them doesn't do anything...

Well...I like it.

Taintedveins 08-10-2011 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonanza7 (Post 3595032)
Well...I like it.

Just makes me wonder if i got the wrong tires sometimes.. like a dealer swap or something.

keving2873 08-10-2011 01:28 AM

I would get the CAMARO lettering painted black. I think that would make the black accents really pop.

Nightfall 08-10-2011 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keving2873 (Post 3595039)
I would get the CAMARO lettering painted black. I think that would make the black accents really pop.

you should take the camaro letters off. Put on the Black lettering like on the black camaro conspect i think it would be hot mod