Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   My Order, My dealer, My experience! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37024)

jpsuperman81 08-12-2009 11:46 AM

My Order, My dealer, My experience! Now w/ Pics

9 Attachment(s)
Well guys i ordered way back in February from City Chevrolet in Charlotte, NC. I haven't received my car yet it is in transit as i type but from start to finish this dealership has done it right. The only complaint if you can call it that is when I first ordered they did not mention allocation. They did tell me I was 31st or so in line and while they did not mention specifics they also did not make any false promises regarding timeframe or wait, they simply said it might take 6 months to get your car. Well I guess they are pretty good at math because that exactly how long it has taken. So even though the wait has sucked and i learned about allocation on here they were actually up front with me from the start they just didn't use specifics. I went in today to do paperwork and finalize price and I couldn't be more pleased. Absolutely no hassle, no attempt to get more than MSRP, not false promises, no add ons, nothing. I paid MSRP tax,tag title,dealer fee(which most dealers have and I was happy to pay for their service) and that was it. My 2SS/RS/M6/Sunroof is mine for under 38k out the door. :thumbsup:

The only previous new car experience I had was when i bought my civic in 2007. I bought it new off the lot and while the overall experience was good I did have to deal with price haggling, trade in haggling, add on haggling and all that. I guess City knew i was serious and all I wanted to do was buy the car out right with no trade. There was little to no paperwork. No rust proofing no lo jack, nothing but one smooth experience. I would reccomend them to anyone. :thumbup:

They started off right by sending me a personal welcome kit, with a signed letter, keychain and model matching the car i ordered and while the experience is not quite over so far they have ended it right. My next car will be purchased form them for sure. :chevy:

Also was introduced to a service tech he mentioned they would be stocking aftermarket goodies besides the boring GMPP stuff. I already have my headers and stuff waiting but he said they would stock and install Kooks and keep the warranty in tact. He mentioned they would offer superchargers and install them and keep warranty in tact as well. :headbang:

Update 8/26
Car arrived at dealer and i am headed at lunchtime to pick it up. Called insurance which is with allstate and premium is only going up $45 or so dollars, I am fairly sure i pay semi annually. I do my house,bike, and car with them and they seem to have good prices. Not bad going from a 4 cylinder to a V8. I will update again once car is received.

Edit: Picked it up around 1pm. Left dealer and headed to a close mechanic friend of mine he looked it over for me. He noticed small amount of mis alignment in the rear panel right behind the tire and I had previously noticed a very small nick near my kickplate drivers side. Both will be fixed no problems. I'm at home a minute just to meet guy buying my old car and then i'm back out of the road. I should be able to put some pics up later tonight. I will post more later.

P.S. I HATE the clutch which others have complained about, didn't stall it yet but i can see why it would be so easy, hopefully it will get better or I might take that spring out. Shifter is ok but still on list for hurst and didn't encounter skip shift yet.

8/27 Pics added, I am probaably worlds worst pic taker just FYI. I will update after next tuesday when i do stripes and tint and bowties and emblems.

jpsuperman81 08-14-2009 03:54 PM

:bump:

Leolee 08-15-2009 09:36 PM

hey i never got a welcome kit! lol

JTinFL 08-15-2009 09:37 PM

lol

Massman151 08-15-2009 09:39 PM

i wish i had a model of our Camaro :(

BB_Yellow2010 08-16-2009 09:35 AM

Very nice!

I hope I get the same treatment! I want a model too!!
Thanks for sharing your story with us, I know I enjoyed it!:thumbsup:

Ammo7 08-16-2009 09:42 AM

hey i never got a welcome kit! eather :mad0259::mad0260::barf:

jpsuperman81 08-16-2009 11:40 AM

Just so there is no confusion the gm welcome kit was for preorders only, and my dealer sent out a welcome kit from them as well. They said they were gonna do it for all their early orders.

SWHCPA 08-16-2009 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammo7 (Post 804259)
hey i never got a welcome kit! eather :mad0259::mad0260::barf:

it was only available to those that could successfully complete a spelling and grammar quiz....:iono:

jpsuperman81 08-26-2009 09:15 AM

Updated original post car is at dealer and little insurance info.

Seawolf 08-26-2009 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 (Post 845651)
Updated original post car is at dealer and little insurance info.

A premature congrats on the car from me!!

While I wasn't there from the get-go, I have been there with you for the last leg of your journey. Through the ups and downs, you held on good buddy...although it did get a bit hairy there towards the end. :D

Congrats again and don't spend too much time out on the streets after you get it. Remember, you got to get her home, take some photos, and post them here for all to see.

:chevy:

jpsuperman81 08-26-2009 02:26 PM

quick update

CloudXTC 08-26-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leolee (Post 803362)
hey i never got a welcome kit! lol

no one likes you....

j/k j/k...

congrats on your car! post some pics and enjoy

shawn18 08-26-2009 04:24 PM

Congrats man glad to hear it finally arrived! Hey my stripes came in atleast maybe the car will be here tomorrow who knows but atleast its on the ground and will be here when it gets here now go enjoy the car!!