Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ordered 2ss (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19868)

chopss 04-24-2009 07:27 PM

Ordered 2ss

hi,
everyone i just ordered a 2ss. im like omg....i was in the market for either an sti, evo, or 135 but when i saw this thing at the car show and some vids i fell in love.
i ordered the aqua blue w/ white stripes. 6 on the floor.
i went to Wigder chevy in NJ.and spoke with david and staff. all very nice and paid msrp price. he said prob mid june i take delivery.
now the only thing that concerns me is that 1 and 4 shift to save gas. is it easy to override?
i cant wait. and if its a long wait the better for me to save more cash
joey
oh i live in Staten island, ny

SSOOCH 04-24-2009 07:28 PM

Welcome and glad you finally decided to buy a real car! Cheers

2010SSRS 04-24-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSOOCH (Post 431280)
Welcome and glad you finally decided to buy a real car! Cheers

:word:

2010SSRS 04-24-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chopss (Post 431279)
hi,
everyone i just ordered a 2ss. im like omg....i was in the market for either an sti, evo, or 135 but when i saw this thing at the car show and some vids i fell in love.
i went to Wigder chevy in NJ.and spoke with david and staff. all very nice and paid msrp price. he said prob mid june i take delivery.
now the only thing that concerns me is that 1 and 4 shift to save gas. is it easy to override?
joey

i will throw the flag on ur dealers "mid June" date......:bs:
it could happen, but i wouldn't get my hopes up. very end of July thru beginning of September is more realistic!

uhhhhh, i think you will have plenty of time to save cash my friend!

but relax here in the waiting room. do some reading, learn some things!

Riderover40 04-24-2009 07:42 PM

There's a $20 gadget yuo can install to overide the dumb skip shift but after a while u dont even notice it. it only activates when you r puttering around!

camaroguy 04-24-2009 07:42 PM

Ya, you're order has to be accepted by GM today for it to be delivered around the middle of June.

Cessna510 04-24-2009 07:42 PM

Welcome, i'm glad the camaro is bringing some new faces to gm

Andro 04-24-2009 08:16 PM

Congrats

fad1 04-24-2009 08:33 PM

I can speak with ease saying you wont be disappointed.

IROCanSS 04-24-2009 09:42 PM

1-4 skip shift bypass. Had it on my C5 and C6. Threw a CEL on my C6 so I took it off. It rarely effects anything with it on. Drive normal and you should never encounter it. If you drive like a grandma you may... I hardly ever get bumped to 4th in my corvette unless I want to.

chopss 04-25-2009 05:08 AM

thxs for the responses.
i just cant believe it, its my very 1st car i every bought NEW and im 34 yrs old. i really dont mind waiting, just gives me more time to learn stuff about this car. i will look more into that skip shift thing but it seems i might just not need it.....
there are alot of my buds saying i wasted my money but i really dont think so. with the impressive #'s this car has and to support an AMERICAN company at this time. this is what makes me most happy/
joey

KILLER74Z28 04-25-2009 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chopss (Post 431279)
hi,
joey

Congratulation… :w00t:

Gameover 04-25-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010SSRS (Post 431294)
i will throw the flag on ur dealers "mid June" date......:bs:
it could happen, but i wouldn't get my hopes up. very end of July thru beginning of September is more realistic!

uhhhhh, i think you will have plenty of time to save cash my friend!

but relax here in the waiting room. do some reading, learn some things!

I have to agree. I ordered in March expecting probably around that time frame. Time will tell! :popcorn:

Timberline 04-25-2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

with the impressive #'s this car has and to support an AMERICAN company at this time. this is what makes me most happy/
I completely agree and car will be well worth the wait.