Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Reduced engine power and other codes, need info (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217666)

Brent_$$ 04-19-2012 02:58 PM

Reduced engine power and other codes, need info

I had several code post to my PCM last few months and warning light indicators with check engine, stability trac, reduced engine power, ABS being among the warning lights that came on. I have read that this could be due to an electrical short so I brought the car to the dealership to be checked out. The codes they found were as follows u0410,u0121, p2138,p0856,p0573, p0513. They stated that these codes were a result of communication with the PCM due to the upgrades I have and that they can not do any warenty work to correct the issue. Are these codes and problems legitimately caused buy the tvs2300 or my professional tune by east coast supercharger or is the dealership trying to pawn off faulty sensors or parts on to the fact that I have mods on my car. I understand that if any damage is done as a result of my mods I am responsible and have no problem paying to fix, just want to make sure this is the case. As far as a solution to correct these codes, is this an unforeseen flaw compatibility with the supercharger that will require a mechanical change or modification to correct, a computer tune adjustment that I need to contact east coast supercharger, or faulty sensor or bad part I need to replace my self as a result of my mods, or a faulty part that the gm warranty should cover? ( mods I have are tvs 2300, rotofab cold air intake, Kooks long tube headers with high flow cats, and comp manga flow cat back):help: Currently no lights are on, they went off on there own but want to fix the issue triggering them. The codes are still listed in my computer memory I have not cleared them.

SC2150 04-19-2012 03:56 PM

Dealer pawning it off as usual.

Contact ECS...they should be able to help. :thumbsup:

Brent_$$ 04-20-2012 01:49 PM

Talked with east coast supercharging and they were extreamly helpful in letting me know where the general problem is. Apparently this is a wiring issue somewhere under the dash where there is a bad connection, short, or the connection is loose. So the GM dealership is just trying to pass the buck off on mods, when this has nothing at all to do with the bolt on applications that I added or the tune. I don't mind paying for any damage that I cause by the add on of my mods, but I just don't understand how companies that make million on selling these product don't stand behind the workmanship to correct there mistakes. I'll try going to Another dealership but I just shouldn't have to jump threw hoops to fix a simple issue with bad connection on there wiring harness or bad wires that they used in construction of my vehicle.