Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   first 2010 camaro only commercial! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26011)

DavidF 06-06-2009 10:36 AM

Great commerical. However, wouldn't it have been a little better to wait a month or two to when I could walk into a dealer with a reasonable chance of buying a V6 off the showroom without paying a huge markup?

I want one, I really do, but I don't want to pay over sticker for it, and my local dealers are in no mood to deal. They're selling them as they get unloaded from the truck, not too much advertising needed. They just call their waiting list and "before they can even get dirty" they're sold, at least that's the story they're giving me.

Get the supply up and then start pushing them.

Kvapil28 06-06-2009 10:54 AM

What do you want for a car?? Options,Pkg,Color???

VictoryRed08 06-06-2009 11:27 AM

I must say, I'm kinda surprised I did see the "This car does not actually transform into a giant mechanical robot" disclaimer.

DavidF 06-06-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kvapil28 (Post 558240)
What do you want for a car?? Options,Pkg,Color???

Sorry, I'm not up for a trip to Wisconsin...I would really like to buy from an Oklahoma dealer, which I'm sure I can do within a couple of months.

However, in answer to your question, 2LT w/ RS w/automatic, color somewhat flexible, thinking CGM, IBM, or RJT are my top three choices.

Black5thgen 06-06-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie Mac (Post 557961)
My bet is the new front end will be available. Probably on production models in 2011 or 2012. I think they are just rolling out the new look

Hopefully the 2012 Z/28.

The commercial was awesome. I like that they are advertising the V6 and keeping the V8 quiet. By focusing on 29 mpg and a cheaper MSRP it makes the car a viable part of GM's future. The side effect benefit of that is we still get our 426 hp SS and it's a more exclusive vehicle.

Wild Bill 06-06-2009 05:54 PM

I saw the commercial last night at the movies. That was the first time in a movie house that I didn't bitch about a commercial. My wife said I damn near broke her hand. :yikes:

I cannot begin explain to you the thrill that I got seeing my next new car coming at me at 5 times its normal size. I cannot wait! Thanks Chevy & GM.:chevy::chevy:

edog 06-06-2009 09:29 PM

I like it!

Richochet83 06-06-2009 09:58 PM

I'm SO glad I got SIM...That color shows ever line that car has to offer

cam2fst4u 06-06-2009 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tran (Post 556387)
They don't exactly have the budget flexibility right now seeing as how they're in federal bankruptcy reorganization. I think it's a smart move on their part to ride on the coat tails of the Transformers buzz and use bumblebee camaro footage to serve as the excitement generating portion of the ad. I'm just happy to see the Camaro getting its own commercial finally :happyanim:

Couldn't have said it better myself :word:

:clap:

Andro 06-06-2009 11:37 PM

Love It!

Ahdidah10 06-07-2009 12:34 AM

The silver one is just like mine, but makes me sick to know I can't drive it due to the moron that rearended me. If anyone tells me to get over it can kiss my you know what;) when I saw this commercial I was proud but sad too. I want my baby back. So glad they used the camaro for transformers, too cool.

RNK TX SS 06-07-2009 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahdidah10 (Post 560217)
The silver one is just like mine, but makes me sick to know I can't drive it due to the moron that rearended me. If anyone tells me to get over it can kiss my you know what;) when I saw this commercial I was proud but sad too. I want my baby back. So glad they used the camaro for transformers, too cool.

Sorry to hear about your car, hope it gets fixed soon.

I enjoyed the commercial. Makes me feel all giddy with happiness, or that could be the fact that I picked up my car today. :thumbup:

Punk_rider 06-07-2009 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtownCJA (Post 556406)
I can't wait till the aftermarket brings us that hood, and possible that fascia. :headbang:

I can't wait till they make it be the Z28

ns_ohs_32 06-08-2009 06:18 AM

:thumbup: That was an awesome video. If only the Bumblebee edition of the Camaro looked like that...