Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Let's talk strategy shall we? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283045)

chloew920 03-15-2013 03:16 PM

Let's talk strategy shall we?

I'm going through my Union's auto buying service to get my car. I submitted a request Wednesday. They told me they emailed their dealers and "are looking all over the courntry" for the car I want. Becky was kind enough to find 3 that have exactly what I want already, so I know the cars exist.

When should I tell the buying group this information? I want to wait to see what they find (and hopefully its one that i know of already), but I dont want to wait too long because I want to take delivery by 3/31/13 and want some time to do my own negotiations with the dealers if the auto buying service doesn't work out.

Also, anyone use an auto buying service before? How'd that work out?

Chloe

JimE 03-15-2013 06:16 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if they aren't searching the full inventory (as Becky did for you), but only searching those dealers that they work with.

In any case, I see no problem with telling them now. You would at least get an answer.

chloew920 03-15-2013 08:28 PM

It seems that they are steering me towards their dealers. Said they found one enroute to Chicago which their dealer can intercept.

I just don't have a good feeling about them. They seem pretty vague and keep quoting me a high MSRP.

cadyshac 03-15-2013 08:34 PM

If you already know of 3 cars why don't you just contact the dealers and do your own negotiating? I would be surprised if you couldn't get a better deal than your "buying group".

JimE 03-15-2013 09:31 PM

You should be able to negotiate below MSRP on your own. Any reason why you are using them to make the purchase? They should be quoting you Supplier Pricing numbers, not MSRP.

Go to your local dealer (or use Becky), and you can likely at least get Supplier Pricing (about 1500 below MSRP depending on model). Plus if you are planning to buy in March there is a $1000 incentive and if you can get Private Offer ($1000), you will save a bit more.

chloew920 03-16-2013 04:20 PM

I wanted to see how t worked and to see what they would come with. They aren't that helpful. I was nervous about the "car buying process". I am now doing my own negotiating and am armed with lots of information provided here! So far so good. I'm confident I can get a great price without the buying group.

chloew920 03-16-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimE (Post 6291766)
You should be able to negotiate below MSRP on your own. Any reason why you are using them to make the purchase? They should be quoting you Supplier Pricing numbers, not MSRP.

Go to your local dealer (or use Becky), and you can likely at least get Supplier Pricing (about 1500 below MSRP depending on model). Plus if you are planning to buy in March there is a $1000 incentive and if you can get Private Offer ($1000), you will save a bit more.

Thanks. I have the private offer and I know the $1000 incentive! So far my negotiations are going well.

hotrodder9102 03-16-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chloew920 (Post 6294030)
Thanks. I have the private offer and I know the $1000 incentive! So far my negotiations are going well.

In my opinion, you would be better off without them anyway....don't you have to pay these guys for their services?

chloew920 03-16-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotrodder9102 (Post 6294143)
In my opinion, you would be better off without them anyway....don't you have to pay these guys for their services?

I suspect there may be a commission or something since MSRP is being quoted as +$2000.... I asked about it and they gave me a bs answer.

cadyshac 03-16-2013 07:57 PM

Just do not disclose your private offer to any dealer you are negotiating with until you have them down to a price agreeable to you, save the private offer until the very end.

The_Blur 03-16-2013 08:10 PM

Becky will take good care of you. She's an honest, respectable salesperson who is worthy of the business she gets here. I have yet to see any complaints.

Also, you're going to love that 2LT.

Valkyrja 03-16-2013 09:58 PM

Ditto for not showing your cards early. Keep everything close. do not disclose how you are going to finance, if there will be a trade in, monthly payments, etc until you get a price that you like. I used the link to see the employee price for a car and right now have negotiated to +800 of that. They want to charge $550 in doc fees so I am pushing for it to be lower.

I have used email and texts for the last two days to work on the price and finally gave in to show up at the dealership to do what could be the final negotiations. The fact I can walk at any time and still have a nice car to drive helps. Be sure to check around the area and get quotes from other dealers. If they do not want to deal with you online just skip and go to the next one.

Good luck.

FINALLYSATISFIED 03-17-2013 06:20 PM

I'd look into asking Becky for her services but it sounds like you've already done so. I'm not familiar with the Union buyers service, im assuming its similar to USAA and NavyFeds car buying services?

What I would start with if you haven't already is get the Invoice pricing and GM Preferred pricing for that particular vehicle. If you give me the Options and everything I can find out for you if you'd like. Then whatever incentives you have whether it be a USAA discount ($750) and or the GM Private offer ($1000). The idea price for it would be the GM Preferred pricing + USAA + GM Private offer. Doc fees can always be waiverable, just depends on the dealership...

chloew920 03-18-2013 12:26 PM

Thanks guys!

I want a White 2LT automatic, sunroof, spare tire only.

I'm working with a dealer listed in the "MSRP or below" deler sticky by sheer coincidence...and they are certainly below MSRP..im actualyl suprised at what they are giving me! They have given me a good price so far, am trying to sort out delivery and trade....