Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Late Model Racecraft's Street Stalker Package makes OVER 500rwhp Naturally Aspirated (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24996)

Late Model Racecraft 05-31-2009 12:58 PM

I totally understand that not everyone has the same budget when modding their cars. That is why we offer several different packages ranging from a $3k-CAI/Headers package to this street stalker package for $6k, our supercharger package(includes several other mods) for $20k, and all the way up to our LS7 440ci Punisher package around $30k. I promise if you search on these boards and read the fine print of other tuner shops you will see you got alot more for your money with us. At the same time you get what you pay for. So you need to look out for deals that sound too good to be true, usually means its a small shop with no overhead and not alot of experience and thats why they can charge so little for their work. People do not mind spending a little extra money to get it done right the first time, other wise you will end up spending twice as much in the long run.

To answer a few more questions I would recommend installing the U/D pulley and thermostat when installing a cam shaft. The reason being is we have to remove your stock pulley and thermostat for the install anyway, so for no extra labor charge why not install the U/D pulley and T-stat at that time.

If you do not have the money to go with the entire Street Stalker Package I would recommend starting out with our CAI/Headers/Tune. This way you get the performance gains you are looking for as well as the killer sound while driving down the road/track. After that we can install our custom grind cam kit along with the U/D pulley to get you around that 500rwhp marker:thumbup:

Hope I answered everyones questions, if not feel free to post up or always feel free to give me a call at the shop to discuss our different packages to see which one fits your goals/needs the most.

BADFNZ 05-31-2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amwellls1 (Post 536250)
Nice numbers will, How much for parts only?

Seems like maybe $3000 in parts tops. These shops make most of their money on installation and tuning. Plus, since most of these parts are new, the initial customers are footing the bill for the R&D.

blackedout010 05-31-2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADFNZ (Post 536674)
Seems like maybe $3000 in parts tops. These shops make most of their money on installation and tuning. Plus, since most of these parts are new, the initial customers are footing the bill for the R&D.

more like $3800-$4000 worth of parts and then throw in dyno tuning as well.

THE EVIL TW1N 05-31-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 383ss (Post 535932)
nice!!! and with a stock intake and heads!

great looking dyno graph. get some 18" wheels and DR's and rip off some mid 11's!

Im positive 18's will not fit over those rear brakes.

rayhawk 05-31-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex33x (Post 535624)
Changing the thermostat affects fuel economy and affects it a lot, if the stock stat is a 180 dropping to 160 would reduce the economy a lot.

What does reduce the economy a lot mean? I thought if anything there would be a more significant effect on emissions but I don't know, never installed one.

DON GIOVANNI 05-31-2009 04:32 PM

I'm installing ARH hearders but could you still do the CAM CAI Pulleys and TUNE? That'd still break 450rwhp right, or at least 400. Would all the installations have to be done at your shop or do you send the parts out as well.

blackedout010 05-31-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DON GIOVANNI (Post 536957)
I'm installing ARH hearders but could you still do the CAM CAI Pulleys and TUNE? That'd still break 450rwhp right, or at least 400. Would all the installations have to be done at your shop or do you send the parts out as well.

dude youl break 400rwhp with just arh headers and a tune. yes you will be above 450rwhp with added cam and cai

UsedTaHaveA68 05-31-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N (Post 536866)
Im positive 18's will not fit over those rear brakes.

I'm fairly positive (not fully) that the previous generation CTS-V used the same 14/14.4" Brembos as the Camaro. And it uses 18x8.5" wheels.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...fications.html

alex33x 05-31-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayhawk (Post 536942)
What does reduce the economy a lot mean? I thought if anything there would be a more significant effect on emissions but I don't know, never installed one.

It means that the EPA Estimated Fuel or MPG that the 2SS has 16/25 meaning 25 highway no longer would apply. Also like Evil Twin mentioned if will affect oil temperature too, I dont think its worth changing the stat. At least in my eyes I wouldnt want to deal with all those adversities to gain a few horses.

With the cam stat and all the changes made I doubt the car would make it over 20 MPG on the highway, significantly dropping fuel economy.

So a 30 bucks mod would in the end cost you a lot in fuel money.

jeffkit 05-31-2009 07:06 PM

Will these mods work on the L99?

EXTREME 05-31-2009 08:23 PM

very nice, did i miss the cam specs being posted?

Cessna510 05-31-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Late Model Racecraft (Post 536528)
I totally understand that not everyone has the same budget when modding their cars. That is why we offer several different packages ranging from a $3k-CAI/Headers package to this street stalker package for $6k, our supercharger package(includes several other mods) for $20k, and all the way up to our LS7 440ci Punisher package around $30k. I promise if you search on these boards and read the fine print of other tuner shops you will see you got alot more for your money with us. At the same time you get what you pay for. So you need to look out for deals that sound too good to be true, usually means its a small shop with no overhead and not alot of experience and thats why they can charge so little for their work. Most the time people do not spending the little extra money to get it done right the first time, other wise you will end up spending twice as much in the long run.

To answer a few more questions I would recommend installing the U/D pulley and thermostat when installing a cam shaft. The reason being is we have to remove your stock pulley and thermostat for the install anyway, so for no extra labor charge why not install the U/D pulley and T-stat at that time.

If you do not have the money to go with the entire Street Stalker Package I would recommend starting out with our CAI/Headers/Tune. This way you get the performance gains you are looking for as well as the killer sound while driving down the road/track. After that we can install our custom grind cam kit along with the U/D pulley to get you around that 500rwhp marker:thumbup:

Hope I answered everyones questions, if not feel free to post up or always feel free to give me a call at the shop to discuss our different packages to see which one fits your goals/needs the most.

Again, great job! i'll be shipping mine down when i get it..what $6k installed for 120+ rwhp? This is a great mid ranged $$$ kit!

Late Model Racecraft 05-31-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DON GIOVANNI (Post 536957)

pm sent

Lgray 05-31-2009 10:26 PM

Good power . Did they change rocker arms with the stage 3 cam?

Blownhotrodder 05-31-2009 10:41 PM

Very nice.

m0ore4ustin391 05-31-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDan (Post 534634)
This is whp, so add 13-20% for crank hp. This set up makes alot more power then the zo6. . . not the same.

Woops, even Better :thumbup:

Revo1 06-01-2009 02:11 AM

Goood LOOKIN! LS3 is a beautiful motor without all that plastic shroud. Good numbers too, a nice tune package! Puhlease tweak that timing a little tho, she chugs like a steam engine :thumbup:

fastrat350 06-01-2009 02:50 AM

that sounds amazing

amm__x 06-01-2009 05:46 AM

cam specs ???

pharmd 06-01-2009 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amm__x (Post 538632)
cam specs ???

I'd like some general specs also...saying 23x/23x lift around 0.600 on a 110-114 doesn't really tell you much, there are ALOT of other things that go into making a cam that can totally cause it to be a turd...IVC/IVO EVC/EVO lobes etc...I think getting some "general" specs would be fair....JMHO.

Late Model Racecraft 06-01-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffkit (Post 537335)
Will these mods work on the L99?

Yes, but for the automatics you will need to add one of our custom torque converters in the package.

BoostedX2 06-01-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Late Model Racecraft (Post 536528)
I totally understand that not everyone has the same budget when modding their cars. That is why we offer several different packages ranging from a $3k-CAI/Headers package to this street stalker package for $6k, our supercharger package(includes several other mods) for $20k, and all the way up to our LS7 440ci Punisher package around $30k. I promise if you search on these boards and read the fine print of other tuner shops you will see you got alot more for your money with us. At the same time you get what you pay for. So you need to look out for deals that sound too good to be true, usually means its a small shop with no overhead and not alot of experience and thats why they can charge so little for their work. People do not mind spending a little extra money to get it done right the first time, other wise you will end up spending twice as much in the long run.

Looks Great! Now if we could only see some real world performance stats, it would seal the deal for me. C'mon LMR, run it down the track!

THE EVIL TW1N 06-01-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharmd (Post 538643)
I'd like some general specs also...saying 23x/23x lift around 0.600 on a 110-114 doesn't really tell you much, there are ALOT of other things that go into making a cam that can totally cause it to be a turd...IVC/IVO EVC/EVO lobes etc...I think getting some "general" specs would be fair....JMHO.

It seems like in every post they side step the question and just ignore it. If they don't want to give any information, they should just say so.

mrgm 06-01-2009 03:20 PM

very nice. And in Houston- a bonus.

Late Model Racecraft 06-01-2009 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N (Post 539278)
It seems like in every post they side step the question and just ignore it. If they don't want to give any information, they should just say so.

Sorry guys, but there is going to be many tuner shops out there trying to come up with the same results as us. Giving away cam specs so early in development is kinda shooting our selves in the foot. Anyone interested in our packages can feel free to call me at the shop. Every customer has a different goal/needs for his/her car so the cam selection will be determined by each car with the setup.