Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2014 Camaro5 Fest (V) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=223)
-   -   CamaroCross Registration and Information (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341895)

skipinminn 02-12-2014 04:19 PM

^5

Quote:

Originally Posted by lscamaro (Post 7416454)
Are "newbs" welcome? I've never autocrossed at all.

Last year was my first YEAR and I did much better then I expected :) Another thing to AUTOCROSS off my bucket list. LOL It's apart of what the CARS built for :) :wave::smoking::amen:

JusticePete 02-12-2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lscamaro (Post 7416454)
Are "newbs" welcome? I've never autocrossed at all.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!

You'll find the environment very supportive for novice entries. We'll have qualified CC veterans available to coach you through event. Riding as a passenger with a skilled driver is great learning tool. Having an 'instructor' ride with you is just as valuable.

FYI: CamaroCross is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

JusticePete 02-12-2014 04:26 PM

Ahem

This is CamaroCross!

J_Vibe92 02-12-2014 06:15 PM

Im just scared imma mess up and forget which cones to turn at cause of the autox I have seeen, the cones can get very confusing

mp51998 02-12-2014 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Vibe92 (Post 7416806)
Im just scared imma mess up and forget which cones to turn at cause of the autox I have seeen, the cones can get very confusing

I had the same concerns when I was new. Even still when I go to a new venue. It comes to you quickly. Main thing to remember is that the comes on their sides are directional. Just turn the way that they are pointing. Upright cones you don't want to hit. What may help is to register for Friday afternoon of Saturday morning and then come by the Friday morning session and ride with someone. Then you will have an idea of the layout in your mind. I'm currently registered to run Friday am and would be more than happy to give anyone who wants a 'tour'. I am by no means the best but you'll get an idea of what is what.

New comers are most certainly welcome and encouraged. These courses are purposely design not to be overly complicated so beginners feel comfortable and have fun. That's our main goal. Having fun.

Hope to see you there

J_Vibe92 02-12-2014 06:54 PM

Ive just always wanted to do it once although i have no suspension upgrades and im a v6

JusticePete 02-12-2014 07:21 PM

Mods don't matter at a CamaroCross (or on Camaro5) :)

You can have just as much fun in a bone stock Spark when you are finding the limits of your driving skill and vehicle. No matter what your skill level, your experience level or your vehicle you'll have a great time with the group and on track. Camaro5FEST is a social event with car activities. The CC is one of the most social and exciting activities at the FEST.

skipinminn 02-12-2014 07:23 PM

JUST DO IT !

Batmanntexas 02-12-2014 07:31 PM

Registered!

KRIS10 02-12-2014 07:41 PM

I'm in! Just need to register. And I will need an instructor to ride with me. :D
I can tell all of you now I will win for the slowest time....I did last time at the San Antonio Texas Camaro Revolution. It was a blast!
Sent from my cammed Orange and Black using Tapatalk ♥

JusticePete 02-12-2014 08:09 PM

Yes.

dreamcamaro 02-12-2014 08:24 PM

Signed up and Cant wait

JusticePete 02-12-2014 09:04 PM

At the CamaroCross we hold a drivers meeting and put the cars on course. Unlike drag racing you should get at least 5 runs that last on the RP CC course about 1 minute each. At a drag strip you pretty much know the course before you get there. It is a straight 1/4 mile shot. Track prep, temps and numerous other variables must be mastered, but you know the course. When you arrive at a CC you have to master those drag race variables and a new course. Drivers get faster with every run. The more runs the better.

At the drag strip drivers drive and the paid track crew does all the necessary work. At the CamaroCross, a dedicated TEAM of volunteers handle admin, timing, tech, safety, coaching and more. The drivers take turns working the course. They handle flags for safety. They reset cones. They help keep everything smooth and safe. Drivers will be divided into heats. Group A works the course while group B drives. When Group A gets in three runs they switch positions. When Group B gets in three runs they switch again. We'll switch as many times as possible to give every driver the max number of runs. The less cones a group knocks down, the smoother the group functions the more runs everyone can get in.

You can let you car cool off, but you'll have to take your turn at course work.

camaro2lt 02-12-2014 09:12 PM

Wish I could bring my car with me but school is preventing me to take the time off......But I will be flying down, Cant wait!