Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   This is awesome and the reason we chose the V6.... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28603)

DCJ 06-21-2009 12:57 AM

This is awesome and the reason we chose the V6....

http://microsite.chevrolet.com/allne...#camaro=videos 6th video on bottom right

The V6 is the ultimate daily driver sports car without a doubt. I am still getting a V8 as a secondary vehicle but for a daily driver, the V6 rules!! You get luxury, power, great gas mileage, and best of all....under 30K!!!! :)

Don

jdbaker82 06-21-2009 02:01 AM

I hate to beat the dead horse but the way I see it..... If you bought a V6 money had something to do with it #1 or.....#2 you are not really a true muscle car fan and just want a nice looking cool fun car to drive that well also goes sorta fast..... especially for someone who has never felt a 400HP + car before.

Tsudy 06-21-2009 03:11 AM

Except he has a V8 on order... I doubt money is an issue.

jdbaker82 06-21-2009 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsudy (Post 605352)
Except he has a V8 on order... I doubt money is an issue.

Because he changed his mind and regretted the V6 so he convinced his wife to take it and ordered the SS. :sm0:

bond2 06-21-2009 08:21 AM

I just picked up my 2LT RS yesterday, and I must say I am very pleased with the power of the 3.6L. I am not sure how firm the shift points are on the Auto, but my M6 is a blast to row thru and the power is more than enough. I also still have my M6 LT1 Trans Am, which has close to 70ft lbs more torque and its very much broken in at 165k miles!! The TA definitely has more low end grunt, but the 3.6L feels very quick to me and I am really enjoying it. I didn't even test drive the SS, as I am sure its insane power/torque, but I just felt all the pros of the 2LT outweighed getting an SS. But in all honesty, this is the first V6 engine I ever considered getting, as you can see in my Sig, I like V8s!

1. Loaded for only $30k
2. Front end clip is cleaner
3. better gas mileage, regular 87 octane
4. cheaper to maintain/repair (assuming)
5. no non-functional air slot

DCJ 06-21-2009 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdbaker82 (Post 605302)
I hate to beat the dead horse but the way I see it..... If you bought a V6 money had something to do with it #1 or.....#2 you are not really a true muscle car fan and just want a nice looking cool fun car to drive that well also goes sorta fast..... especially for someone who has never felt a 400HP + car before.

We went in to buy the V6 no matter what as it was going to be a daily driver....pretty simple my man ;)

Then even more simply, I liked it so much that I decided to get the V8 for secondary vehicle to have some fun in on the side. There ya go :)

DCJ 06-21-2009 08:55 AM

Quote:

You are not beating a dead horse and everyone has their likings...I just refused to drive the V8 daily and since I don't have to....hence the having the V6 for that, I can now get the V8 in addition and not be tempted to ;) :w00t:

Example...if I were single and only had one vehicle and it happen to be the Camaro.....V6 all the way without doubt. If my wife or I were not going to drive the Camaro everyday and I wanted a car to play in for secondary vehicle....V8 all the way.

Your post sounds somewhat offensive and if you are above a V6 then why are you on this forum??? For you to say that V6ers or me in general is not a true fan of a muscle car is pretty bold. I just like the Camaro man, plain and simple. I really could care less if you bought a V6 or V8 but I sure would not fault you for it either. No reason for you to get on here and make those statements. Also saying I have never driven a V8 or 400+HP...lol I wish you all the best with your V8 man. I can't wait to get mine too...;) lol

RedRaider 06-21-2009 11:11 AM

Thanks for all your posts DCJ. You are getting me really pumped about my 2 LT / RS decision.

DCJ 06-21-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRaider (Post 605836)
Thanks for all your posts DCJ. You are getting me really pumped about my 2 LT / RS decision.

No problem at all. You will be sooo stoked with your 2LT RS... Get ready for a lot of people swarming you. I ran over to our local out door shopping mall yesterday and parked to get a smoothie king. I was texting someone and and I look up and 3 or people are standing there and then they start making circles around the car while I am sitting in it...lol. It is just a cool car no matter what engine is under the hood. I love it more every day and if something were to happen and I not get the V8, I would never miss a beat since it is a daily driver for us ;)

Don

rays 06-21-2009 11:42 AM

I like what Jay Leno said best

"Now A lot of guys scoff at the V6 but you know, the 304 horse power V6 is Faster than the 68 396 Camaro, and that was the big muscle car when I was a kid So that's something to think about".
"But I think a hot setup is gonna be the V6 with the 6 Speed it'll be a little bit lighter, better fuel mileage, and you'll still have good horse power. And imagine if you put a couple of turbos on it"!

Jay confirmed my take on it.

CajunCamaroChic 06-21-2009 11:56 AM

Well, we are racing family, so we experience power on the track. So we went with the V6 as it will be a daily driver, and I will be driving it for the most part. He is shopping for a new project ('67-'69 Camaro), so it will have the larger motor. To each his own! Both versions, LT and SS, are great choices. :thumbsup:

2010SLVRBULIT 06-21-2009 12:24 PM

V6 for now, maybe a used V8 later on..

mikenmar 06-21-2009 12:30 PM

Quote:

If you bought a V6 money had something to do with it

Believe it or not, some people just don't want to waste gas, they care about the environment, etc.

The_Blur 06-21-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

People who drive 400-hp muscle cars aren't really sports car enthusiasts. If they really wanted a fast car, they would have gotten a Ferrari. Do you see what I did there? You assumed that everyone's justification for buying their car is the same as yours. If you don't think that the V6 is adequate, then you'll get a V8. Who are you to tell the original poster that his reason's for getting a V6 make him less of an enthusiast?

Let's show some respect for the class-leading V6 that will hand your 1967 Camaro its ass.