Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Road Course/Track and Autocross (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   SPARCO EVO II Race Seats (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=424871)

Aero_Sport_Concepts 09-28-2015 08:04 PM

SPARCO EVO II Race Seats

So I'm planning on changing my seats over to Sparco EVO II very soon but need help on what i need for installation and what to do with the Air Bag Sensors from the Stock Seats. I'm only 5'-9'' so height is not an issue for me even with a helmet.

Looking for some help. Anyone. :iono:

Mgizzle 09-28-2015 08:16 PM

I have sabelts. Needed side brackets from sabelt and the planted seat brackets. I am 6'2" and with sliders would hit headliner with my helmet....so no sliders for me and solid bolt to planted bracket. Planted brackets are all out of tolerance though and make seat loose, small hits on the front hooks fixes this or a small steel plate under them on front preloads them.

Your airbags will work but you will have a red light telling you something is missing and everytime you start you have to dismiss message. You can cheat driver seat with 2.8 ohm resistor....good luck cheating passenger seat....too complicated and still doesnt work all the time.

RB185AFM 09-28-2015 09:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I swapped my drivers seat for the Evo 2. I love the seat. I had to also fix mine directly. I'm 5'11" and I barley fit with a helment. If you install the sliders you will sit an inch or so higher.

summit1le 09-29-2015 06:11 AM

I was planning on using the evo 2. I had to go with the omp wrc due to the location of the shoulder strap pass throughs. Apparently the sparcos are not designed for anyone over 6 feet. I'm 6"3. I was fitting for the seat at Atlanta Motorsports park. I couldn't be happier with the seats. I did go with the Xl which is equivalent to the evo 2. Very comfortable and looks great.

summit1le 09-29-2015 06:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry for the bad pictures. Please keep in mind the width of these seats also I bought the resistors I just decided not to use them. In living with the light in. However it is not a daily driver.

summit1le 09-29-2015 06:19 AM

More

1 Attachment(s)
Another pic

summit1le 09-29-2015 06:20 AM

1 more

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go

jksynergy 09-29-2015 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aero_Sport_Concepts (Post 8659781)
So I'm planning on changing my seats over to Sparco EVO II very soon but need help on what i need for installation and what to do with the Air Bag Sensors from the Stock Seats. I'm only 5'-9'' so height is not an issue for me even with a helmet.

Looking for some help. Anyone. :iono:

Kurt,
Talk to Jordan at JDP, those are the seats he runs. I'm sure he can help for sure on the getting the setup correct. Those may be in my future, but I want to have sliders with mine if possible.
Jason.

Aero_Sport_Concepts 09-29-2015 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jksynergy (Post 8660375)
Kurt,
Talk to Jordan at JDP, those are the seats he runs. I'm sure he can help for sure on the getting the setup correct. Those may be in my future, but I want to have sliders with mine if possible.
Jason.

My plan too. I don't have a height issue being 5'-9". Ya I sent him an email already.

jksynergy 09-29-2015 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aero_Sport_Concepts (Post 8660378)
My plan too. I don't have a height issue being 5'-9". Ya I sent him an email already.

I understand 5'-8" here so we are in the lucky group for sure. :sm0:

AG1LE 09-29-2015 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summit1le (Post 8660199)
I was planning on using the evo 2. I had to go with the omp wrc due to the location of the shoulder strap pass throughs. Apparently the sparcos are not designed for anyone over 6 feet. I'm 6"3. I was fitting for the seat at Atlanta Motorsports park. I couldn't be happier with the seats. I did go with the Xl which is equivalent to the evo 2. Very comfortable and looks great.

Was the shoulder height still an issue after removing the cushion? I'm considering the Evo II US seats and I'm 6'1".

Aero_Sport_Concepts 09-29-2015 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AG1LE (Post 8661394)
Was the shoulder height still an issue after removing the cushion? I'm considering the Evo II US seats and I'm 6'1".

From the charts I've seen on their Website the EVO II is an inch taller in the seat than the others. The EVO US II is same as the EVO in height but a little wider then the EVO II. The EVO III is also the same height as the EVO and EVO US II but the largest in width.

Thank you

Kurt Robinson
Aero Sport Concepts

AG1LE 09-30-2015 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aero_Sport_Concepts (Post 8661543)
From the charts I've seen on their Website the EVO II is an inch taller in the seat than the others. The EVO US II is same as the EVO in height but a little wider then the EVO II. The EVO III is also the same height as the EVO and EVO US II but the largest in width.

Thank you

Kurt Robinson
Aero Sport Concepts

Right, I'm just wondering if people who had height issues with the Sparco Evo seats, either due to helmet hitting the ceiling or shoulders sitting too high, still had the issue after removing the cushion. My plan would be to keep the cushion in place on the street, and remove it on track days for added clearance.

X25 10-01-2015 06:53 PM

Marrad seats have bulging bottom, which gains an extra 1-2" even with the sliders. It's similar to Bride Vios III seats that I've used on my Miata, which are too small for this car.

I'd highly recommend you check out that seat. OMP and Sparco seats are nice, but they will not provide extra head room everyone seems to be hoping for.
http://www.arizenracingsports.com/pr...sp?prod=MLX1LL

I'm thinking about getting this for my 1LE, if only I can make sure I can figure out all sensors, etc; I hate service lights at the dash.