Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Another one (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21707)

TheCavalry 05-07-2009 07:58 AM

Another one

It's been a while since I've been on the boards (the Army has a few tasks lined up for me before they send me home), and while I've been gone, I've been thinking. The long and short of it is I think I'm too young to make an $30,000 investment on a car. Not that I don't love this car, but maybe I've just had my priorities backwards. I believe there are things I could do to help my future a little more with the money I've acquired out here and I don't think buying a new car should be one of them. I know I'm gonna be biting my finger when I finally see them zooming past me on the freeway, but I guess it's something I'll have to live with. I hope you all enjoy them! :respekt:

CamaroHutch 05-07-2009 08:11 AM

Buy em' when you're young... it only gets harder when your older, with a family...

diddiyo 05-07-2009 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroHutch (Post 465345)
it only gets harder when your older, with a family...

don't start a family, problem solved. :thumbsup:

i think it's good you're being responsible. i also bought a cheaper car until i can really afford a more expensive one (no i don't want the LS).

19K3SS 05-07-2009 08:29 AM

that is a tough decision to make, but i've seen a lot of young Soldiers make the mistake of buying something they couldn't really afford. unfortunate as it may seem, it does appear that you have weighed things and come to this conclusion. better to set yourself up for a successful future than end up poor and having to stay in the barracks on the weekends while everyone else is out... (not saying that is your case, but i think you understand my point)

maybe after a couple more deployments, you'll be able to get what you want, and still be set for the future. this is my first big purchase in several years, but 3 deployments helps out quite a bit...

good luck to you.

John Farnen 05-07-2009 08:31 AM

If you can afford it...get it, Have owned one sinse '69, had 2 kids, the boy got the '69 when he turned 16, I missed it so much I bought a basket case '69 RSSS convert and rebuilt it to perfection. Enjoy life, own one!

PQ 05-07-2009 10:18 AM

Understood and good for you. I would just say one thing. I wish I would have bought this car (this being metaphoric for the car I always wanted) when I was young.

But you can't go wrong waiting and saving. :thumbsup:

MrIcky 05-07-2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCavalry (Post 465321)
It's been a while since I've been on the boards (the Army has a few tasks lined up for me before they send me home), and while I've been gone, I've been thinking. The long and short of it is I think I'm too young to make an $30,000 investment on a car. Not that I don't love this car, but maybe I've just had my priorities backwards. I believe there are things I could do to help my future a little more with the money I've acquired out here and I don't think buying a new car should be one of them. I know I'm gonna be biting my finger when I finally see them zooming past me on the freeway, but I guess it's something I'll have to live with. I hope you all enjoy them! :respekt:

You are SMART. :respekt: to you! You'll be able to afford one soon enough, particularly because you are making smart decisions now.